ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would also think that the crime scene has become at least a little compromised. Lots of people there, boxed up personal effect to give back to families. I would think that some of this might play to the defense.
And we know the cleaning crew went in as well, at least it was reported they unloaded all there equipment before stopping. Not sure what they did while inside. MOO

Do you think he will try to write a book about his crimes? I do not believe he would be allowed to write a book from death row. That’s the only advantage I see for the DP.
I still wonder if he may have killed before.

There are ways for him to do it. Dennis Rader did it (with help from Dr. Ramsland). Jesperson did it (maybe not from death row - but I don't think there's a constitutional reason why people who have drawn life without parole are allowed to do it, but death row inmates are not).

Oprah put a death row inmate's book on her book club list:

That makes sense but he did not do that within the established protocol time limits set by Washington state in order to avoid a hefty fine.

What Does The Law Say? New residents to Washington State have 30 days from the time of their arrival to register their vehicle properly. Failure to do so is an infraction subject to a fine of $529 (RCW 46.16A. 030(4)).
As a student, would he be considered a resident? Many students go to school out if state and maintain their permanent residence.
ETA: Wouldn’t the 30 days begin once he did that?

I would also think that the crime scene has become at least a little compromised. Lots of people there, boxed up personal effect to give back to families. I would think that some of this might play to the defense.
It's happened often that the defence has gone back to a crime scene many months or even years later with their own experts. As far as I know (not being in the legal field) the prosecution has to provide their findings to the defence after investigating a scene. So they can still go back to investigate independently to form their own opinions and gather evidence, test samples taken initially by investigators. When the scene is released back to the public or residents of a home and they have removed their own things, the initial evidence or crime scene is still available for the defence to argue their defence. Unless there is an argument about the evidence gathering procedure, there being other people on the property, compromising the scene after the fact is quite a long shot. IMO

Last edited:
Lol I still stand by all those dog posts. The information about the dog matters…

Different strokes for different folks, I say.
Don't get me wrong, I love dogs. My social media posts are full of my pictures of my dog. However, the person was complaining about all of the flight posts, so I just contrasted it to all of the dog posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CPomerleau