ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 52

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So we now know that they had located a white Elantra at WSU tied to BK at the end of Nov. and based on their investigation, they likely saw him as a prime suspect. On Dec. 7, they put out information about a white Elantra wanting people to call in tips.

So now I'm thinking they were hoping that someone who knew BK and knew he had a white Elantra would start connecting dots and call in tips about HIM. IMO

[…]

According to the court document, police said the missing cellular data was “consistent with Kohberger attempting to conceal his location during the quadruple homicide that occurred at the King Road residence.”

The cellphone data showed Kohberger at his Pullman apartment in the early hours of Nov. 13 before leaving his residence shortly before 3 a.m. and heading south out of Pullman. The cellphone stopped transmitting signals at around 2:47 a.m. and did not resume until 4:48 a.m., police said. At that point, it utilized towers near the small town of Blaine, south of Moscow. Blaine is a roughly 15-minute drive from King Road in Moscow.

Officials said the phone then used cell towers heading west into Pullman.

[…]
Guess that was one of the criminology classes he missed…never take your phone to the scene of your crime…all activity can be traced.

I think we will learn more later: there may be no "why"-- this could have been random- or not-- this is just the beginning of the case - there is much to learn as time goes by----
There was no "why" for Bundy, other random his victims all had a similar look as a old gifriend-at least until his final spree. It could be as simple as that, or fixated on one of the girls.

Im trying to get myself in DM’s head.
You are home earlier than your roommates after a night of drinking. You hear sounds, whispers, dog barking, the third time you open your door you see someone with their face covered, he just walks past you to leave… You are frightened by his presence but your immediate thought isn’t, he’s just killed my 4 roommates, your immediate thought is perhaps, college kids fooling around, partying etc. I mean it’s INSANE in hindsight but she didn’t say she saw him covered in blood and she didn’t see any bodies… i don’t know.

Right. I think it’s a combination of instinctive fear, and embarrassment at the idea of calling 911 because one of your roommates brought a germophobe home—masks are fairly ordinary, in the last few years.

Kohberger intended to be caught, perhaps without making it blatantly obvious that he was doing so. The knife sheath placed next to the bodies of his victims was literally a purposeful calling card, along with Kohberger having had to know his DNA was on it. Cell phone pings? A 12 year old would've known better than to take a phone along on a crime spree on this magnitude, along with keeping the phone on your person while staking out intended the victims' residence on multiple occasions

Whatever Kohberger's ultimate goal here is, he absolutely planned to be captured eventually (maybe not quite as soon as he realized), but this was his intention from the get-go. Perhaps reveling in the world-wide attention he has already garnered was one goal, but Kohberger might also harbor some wild delusion that he is somehow far more capable as an individual than Rome's finest legions already arrayed against him.

Yet there can no other explanation for the fundamental mistakes he's made committing this crime, especially considering his academic background.
IMO.. i think he did all that to "finally be seen by people"..

<modsnip - quoted post was not victim friendly>

I feel for the families of the students. IMO early comments by authorities implying that roommates could be witnesses makes sense. IMO going out to get tatoos and not speaking to murdered students families also makes sense. IMO fear can paralyze.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he was smiling right at the beginning.

" It is unclear what prompted the grin" He just sat down and the attorney probably sad something formal.
Im not even sure why Im commenting some dailymail-nonsense. :D
I dont think any smile - either at the beginning or end - is appropriate at such circumstances.

This is what I call nonsense.

JMO

That moment you realize that the "perfect situation" in your fantasies where you are in charge was replaced by fear, adrenalin, and chaos in reality.

That moment when frantically searching for the knife sheath in your car and realize it has been left behind.

That moment you realize the blood on your hands has fixed nothing in your world.

These are just the beginnings of new realities for the murderer.

Just my thoughts.

Otis

So were Ethan and Xana actually awake when he came in? It had been reported before that everyone was sleeping - but the affidavit says she got door dash at 4 am with the murders starting up 20 minutes later. I can't imagine she ate her food, got into bed, and then was fast asleep in such a brief period.

Now I'm thinking I may be wrong. It sounds like she didn't call 911 until the next day. So now I'm thinking she may have been too scared <modsnip: not victim friendly> I guess we'll have to wait for the trial. The fact that he went by the house a couple of hours later is scary.

Last edited by a moderator:
OR he did not intend to kill anyone and did not premediate or plan murder, of course.

Pretty sure that after he saw the effects of stabbing a knife into one person that, at that point, he knew he was killing someone with a knife, and yet he moved right along to the next person.

That's premeditation. What else would it be? Even if he was somehow overtaken by passion and jealousy at the sight of his unintended victim, he went on to three more. His feet moved him around the house, instructed by his brain.

IMO, K was in her own room at the beginning of this, fled to M's room, where he killed both of them. He knew what a knife can do and he had one in his hand, he unsheathed it, no one else unsheathed. When you have a big personal defense/offense knife and you unsheath it, you know you have a big weapon in your hand.

He then thrust the weapon into the first victim and now had first hand knowledge of what the knife could do. He continued to use the knife.

That's premeditation, under the law, IMO. Even if he had some squirrelly argument about one of the victims "making him do it" or "causing extreme passion such that he could not control himself."

Oh, and of course, he entered the house in the middle of the night, knowing it was not his house and that he had no legal right to be there. With a knife. Which he unsheathed. After driving around the house 4 times and even having to do a 3 point turn to get himself in position to park where he wanted to park.

And he turned off his phone beforehand.

Kohberger intended to be caught, perhaps without making it blatantly obvious that he was doing so. The knife sheath placed next to the bodies of his victims was literally a purposeful calling card, along with Kohberger having had to know his DNA was on it. Cell phone pings? A 12 year old would've known better than to take a phone along on a crime spree on this magnitude, along with keeping the phone on your person while staking out intended the victims' residence on multiple occasions

Whatever Kohberger's ultimate goal here is, he absolutely planned to be captured eventually (maybe not quite as soon as he realized), but this was his intention from the get-go. Perhaps reveling in the world-wide attention he has already garnered was one goal, but Kohberger might also harbor some wild delusion that he is somehow far more capable as an individual than Rome's finest legions already arrayed against him.

Yet there can no other explanation for the fundamental mistakes he's made committing this crime, especially considering his academic background.
I totally agree! Kohberger wanted to get caught. There is no way someone with his educational background and alleged intelligence would make so many stupid errors ie, the car, the telephone pings, the sheath laying right next to Maddie. I just don’t buy the stupidity.

But he cannot explain away his car being in route, caught on video, to Kings Avenue from his home in Pullman, WA and vice versa at the precise time of before and after these murders were committed. Not to mention circling the area in between. The affidavit also says that there was not much other traffic on those routes other than HIS vehicle over and over again.
Agree. Also, you can be sure that the police didn’t put all of their evidence in the Affidavit. That would be “giving away” their whole case to the defendant before he’s entitled to it via discovery process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV