ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 54

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only think that when he entered that house, he knew he was killing at least 2/3 people.

The timing of the dd and X still on her phone make me feel pretty sure he knew people were on the 2nd and 3rd floor.

This does not seem to me like the picture of an "ideal crime". It seems definitely premeditated, thats been determined. But it also feels like a sort of illness, a fever, a madness in a sort- a thrill. Going in just after people were around, when you see they are carefree and feeling secure. The power of breaking their world, their comfort and happiness because they seemed like genuinely happy, carefree kids. I think he stalked the place to build up resentment, to find a justification for what he would do.

To do that so quickly is astonishing, but it comes possibly from the adrenaline? From the fervor of his emotions? I wonder if he did possibly see DM and enjoy the fact that she would be terrorfied by what she saw.

I am very curious to hear more about his past behavior and/or struggles. So far, anything i have read is what i expect to hear. It will be interesting, at some point, to hear more telling info.

Did the judge list the victims in the order in which they were killed? If so, she listed Xana before Ethan. I would have expected them to be listed in alphabetical order. Just wondering how they decide these things

Motives are not usually established in arrest warrants and we often dont hear about them till the trial.
Yes. BK will get a chance to put up a defense at trial if he wants to. From what I see right now his only chance of success is getting a favorable jury during jury selection.

Some jurors will not vote guilty unless they have a video showing the defendant committing the crime. They don't understand how powerful good circumstantial is in proving guilt. JMO.

Yes, but the roommate said that she was “frozen in shock” as she saw him coming towards her down the hallway towards the rear entrance and pass her. She immediately closes and locks door.

And then what? Nothing? No call to 911 to report a masked intruder? No call to any of housemates to check and see what’s going on? No call to downstairs roommate?

She was clearly frightened from her description of events. Did she just go to sleep? No call/text to anyone?
The PCA doesn’t delve into what she did after locking her door. Could be she did make calls and texts and those details weren’t pertinent to the PCA. JMO.

At that point, they probably couldn't tie it back to him since they couldn't search his house until they arrested him. They may well have found those shoes now. It seems to be in the PCA mainly to corroborate what DM said she saw--a man outside her room headed toward the door.

The PCA doesn't exist to trick the opposing counsel. It's there to get a judge to sign off on an arrest.
Yes you seem to be correct, the pca even implies the shoe print corroborates DMs statement and witnessing the man's path of direction.

The affidavit was released about 40 mins before his first hearing today. I imagine this was the same time BK got it.
I’m actually taken back at how calm and collected he was in that hearing. He spoke clearly, didnt seem to be anxious at all.
He’s just read all the stuff they’ve got on him, that the penalty could be death and that was his demeanour?

Also why was he so “eager to get back to Idaho to be exonerated”
He must have knew he left his sheath at the crime scene.
Honestly none of it makes any sense.

The only thing I can think is that he wanted the notoriety. And I’m dissapointed to say he’s got it, it’s a media circus.
He’ll feel like a celeb right now.
IMO, I am beginning to think BK is withholding info. To me, there are things that don’t add up at first sight. This crime gets more macabre by the minute.

Forgive me if this has been discussed, I had to jump from page 1-46 in this thread as I realized my need for sleep would override by ability to read/skim 46 pages.

Let's talk about Xana ordering Door Dash. I can't help but wonder if BK had come in the back sliding door and gone upstairs while Xana was in her room waiting on Door Dash.

Then, when she got her food, she went to the KITCHEN to eat her food. If she didn't eat her food in the kitchen, how did the bag with her name on it end up in there?

REMEMBER: someone pointed out the Taco Bell bag with Xana's name on it was seen in one of the media photos through the kitchen window??

Then, she heard BK coming down the stairs and said, "Is someone's here?" and got up to go look. That's where she ran into BK and he stabbed her. However, according to LE her body was located near the entrance to her room and the stairs are more towards the back.

After he stabs X, then he sees E in her room or else E woke up and BK stabbed him as well. After killing 2 additional people, BK himself may have been in a shocked phase trying to comprehend that he came in to kill one person and ended up killing 4.

That would be when he is on his way out the back door and walked past DM without seeing her.

But I would think that he had to have the BIG KNIFE still in his hand and there was no mention of DM seeing a knife.

I’m not entirely there yet either. I need a motive and/or an established connection between the victims and BK. If it was random why not eliminate all the occupants? And if it was targeted then how did he know which rooms to go to and which ones to bypass? He was in and out so had he been in that house before to already know who was shacked up where?! I need more info.

/JMO
The last two nights I have posted that we had very little evidence to go on and therefore should not be jumping to conclusions. I think the PCA today gave us a LOT of evidence. Yes, there are conclusions, tests, etc. that will be challenged and may prove to be incorrect. But I now think we have a great deal of damning evidence of BK's guilt. Whether he was stalking one of the girls is ultimately irrelevant. I think he was but it really doesn't matter.

The only possibility I can see of him not being guilty is if this is some brilliant setup of LE to make them look stupid by fabricating/forcing a lot of evidence that makes it look like him and then he turns out to have a rock-solid alibi.

No, I don't actually think that is the situation. I think he is guilty as hell and the motive, while intriguing, is really not that important.

One thing I do find interesting is that several of the "rumors" posted here and elsewhere that were mostly deleted turned out to be correct. There was a rumor for example that the knife sheath was left behind. It was.

I’m thinking he had to have known his way around a bit and whose room was where and make sure there weren’t cameras or an alarm system
He didn't seem super concerned about all the cameras on the street.

I think a pretty good indication that he was unfamiliar with the house is he doesn't seem to have gone to the first floor. As people have long noted, the house has an odd layout, and it's easy to not realize there are rooms down there.

I'd wondered why he would go to X's room since it is so out of the way, but her being the only person who seemed to have really been awake and up makes a lot of sense. He could probably hear her and knew there was someone in that room. MOO

Yes. BK will get a chance to put up a defense at trial if he wants to. From what I see right now his only chance of success is getting a favorable jury during jury selection.

Some jurors will not vote guilty unless they have a video showing the defendant committing the crime. They don't understand how powerful good circumstantial is in proving guilt. JMO.
Having a female victims and a male victim will help with any bias. Surely they won’t find him guilty for just SOME of them. So if the defense starts up with smear campaigns, it won’t really do them any good. They will have to smear each and every single one

I can't help but wonder if BK had come in the back sliding door and gone upstairs while Xana was in her room waiting on Door Dash.
He didn't come in before Door Dash. The PCA records his final arrival as 4:04 and he then had a weird parking adventure before he could even exit his car. The Door Dash guy was there at 4. He literally just missed him, but BK couldn't have entered the house before then because he was still driving around.

The last two nights I have posted that we had very little evidence to go on and therefore should not be jumping to conclusions. I think the PCA today gave us a LOT of evidence. Yes, there are conclusions, tests, etc. that will be challenged and may prove to be incorrect. But I now think we have a great deal of damning evidence of BK's guilt. Whether he was stalking one of the girls is ultimately irrelevant. I think he was but it really doesn't matter.

The only possibility I can see of him not being guilty is if this is some brilliant setup of LE to make them look stupid by fabricating/forcing a lot of evidence that makes it look like him and then he turns out to have a rock-solid alibi.

No, I don't actually think that is the situation. I think he is guilty as hell and the motive, while intriguing, is really not that important.

One thing I do find interesting is that several of the "rumors" posted here and elsewhere that were mostly deleted turned out to be correct. There was a rumor for example that the knife sheath was left behind. It was.
I was thinking about that the other night. what if in a few weeks there’s another murder on that campus? And BK is like i asked you if you if you arrested anyone else. Suppose he and some freaky classmate are toying with LE? I know i know too much Castle and law and order. lol

Castle is reallly good btw

Man sounds like a grade A idiot.

Feel bad for the public defender that probably got about halfway through that PCA and considered retirement.
I wonder if BK has his defense all planned out as well.

Maybe investigators will have some leverage and he will be offered a plea deal, although BK may not care about the idea of being put to death. Now that he knows his DNA linked him to the murders he must know he doesn't have a chance.

We know that his mother has publicly written her views about the Death Penalty and BK seems to have a bond with his family.

Israel Keyes made a deal with police that he would reveal information about his crimes and the information would be kept from the public if he confessed.

I would think BK, like IK, would not want his family knowing the details about the unimaginable things he did.

Although he could be like Israel Keyes and BTK and won't be able to resist talking about and re-living the murders.

He reportedly told his PA attorney that 'this would be a long process," so maybe his plan is to fight until the end.

Possibly the same car driving around the house all the time ?
I admit that after reading every word of the first 45 threads, I have had to resort to skimming since yesterday morning. So if this has been mentioned, I apologize, but I am wondering, LE has said since early on that something was left behind at the scene, that convinced them that these were targeted murders, and I do not get the sense that it was the sheath that was being referred to, as I do not see how that would be indicative of someone being targeted, unless they think it was intentionally left beside MM, which I just do not believe. Was there something else left that has not been mentioned? Am I mis-remembering? Any thoughts? JMO
IMO, do you think the knife was left at the scene? Or BKs cell phone?

IMO, I give DM a lot of credit with what she came up with as far as being a witness. She had some pretty good recall after waking up and being in a sleepy induced fog. She did a great job.
I'm not going to criticize a young woman who went through what she did. But as someone who did wake up to an unexplained ruckus in his house in college and called 911, I don't understand why she did not call 911. I'm sure she was scared. But after the intruder left, why was it 7 hours before anything else happened. Maybe she was wasted, and no judgement about that. But it would not seem to be the case given her recall.

Anyway, again, I'm not being critical of the poor girl (DM) but it seems like there must be a story there.

Now that would be Awesome ‼️
I have a 2014 Elantra. It has GwePS standard where I can easily pull up old trips I have taken.

Elantras also come with free 2 year BlueLink service. This can do all sorts of location searches and car service info. If the subscription expired, I think there may he a way that LE could reactivate and find past data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizz28