ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 54

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only think that when he entered that house, he knew he was killing at least 2/3 people.

The timing of the dd and X still on her phone make me feel pretty sure he knew people were on the 2nd and 3rd floor.

This does not seem to me like the picture of an "ideal crime". It seems definitely premeditated, thats been determined. But it also feels like a sort of illness, a fever, a madness in a sort- a thrill. Going in just after people were around, when you see they are carefree and feeling secure. The power of breaking their world, their comfort and happiness because they seemed like genuinely happy, carefree kids. I think he stalked the place to build up resentment, to find a justification for what he would do.

To do that so quickly is astonishing, but it comes possibly from the adrenaline? From the fervor of his emotions? I wonder if he did possibly see DM and enjoy the fact that she would be terrorfied by what she saw.

I am very curious to hear more about his past behavior and/or struggles. So far, anything i have read is what i expect to hear. It will be interesting, at some point, to hear more telling info.
Taking on 4 is pretty ballsy for a thrill kill too.
Especially for a first timer.

There has been a lot of speculation about the knife being K-bar military etc. and was BK in ROTC or have family in the military. I found this pic, (see it in the link below). In it, BK has his arm around someone who appears to be wearing a military uniform. Don't want to stretch things out of the realm of possibility, but IMO could be a connection.

I'm not commenting on the alleged drug use or anything else, just noticed the picture.

Bryan Kohberger's 'shocked' ex-classmate claims Idaho murder suspect used heroin in high school | MEAWW
Yep does look like a military uniform. I see what appears to be a blue shoulder cord, it's what you would expect to see from someone wearing an Army dress uniform known by me as army dress blues.

I'm pretty sure they have confirmation of the time based on all the cameras they're using to confirm the other comings and goings, as well as the door dash system.

BK also seems to have made a farce of finding a place to park, so his arrival at the house may have been delayed by anywhere from a couple of minutes to a few.
Yes the PCA was notably not being time specific about certain things. That will come with the trial. I was glad to hear there were many videos with much evidence of BK's movements that night. I'm sure all that will be honed into a very convincing timeline. JMO

Did the judge list the victims in the order in which they were killed? If so, she listed Xana before Ethan. I would have expected them to be listed in alphabetical order. Just wondering how they decide these things
In my opinion, I believe the order of killings was M, K, E and X. BK came in through the slider, went upstairs to kill M in her sleep, K woke up and may have put up a struggle before she was killed. BK goes downstairs and kills E who was sleeping in X’s bed. X wakes up and realizes what is going on and starts crying and is killed as she tries to fight back and hits the floor with a loud thud.

The dog is barking, so BK leaves quickly before he gets caught. D opens her door and sees him with his mask on as he is exiting out of the back of the house through the slider. BK may not have seen D as he was in such a rush to leave the premises. The investigators state that both D and B were asleep on the first floor and didn’t hear anything to protect D from possibly BK returning to kill a potential witness. MOO

Usually that means where they are mounted. Billboard, building, tower, etc.. I don't know the terrain, however, even the Pullman towers probably cover as well. Billboards and towers are probably 5G to get the cover their short range.
Since when do GEICO signs count as cell towers? There is nothing techy about this sign except the lights.
And if the towers cover well, then it makes it harder to pin point the location the of the person accessing them.
View attachment 393077Screenshot Capture - 2023-01-06 - 01-38-16.jpg

Last edited:
I'm wondering if in his previous reconnaissance trips he had decided on an exact parking spot, based on things like Ring cameras he took note of, spots where vehicles were and weren't normally parked overnight, and the late night activity level at different houses, and when he arrived that spot was not available for some reason. So he circled around, thought about a plan B, delayed a bit.

Now that would be Awesome ‼️
Looks like prior to 2015 they were 2G, 2015 were 2G and 3G, 2015-2019 are 3g.

2G has been long gone, 3G shutdown around 1 year ago. There is nothing left to connect to. Not sure how the Map software works, it may store trips. I would assume there is an option to choose to or not, I know there is for the Toyota GPW.

What if at trial?

Because of all the evidence, BK acknowledges that he was in the house that night but was only there to rob the place? He thought they would all be asleep, but he was confronted by the “victims” and out of fear he had to defend himself. He wasn’t really there to murder anyone as he merely walked right past one “survivor” and did not take her life. Afterwards he realized what he had done and is now remorseful. If he had murder in mind, he would have taken a gun. Etc, Etc BK is the victim!!

MOO-

Personally, I think BK has been within eyeshot of “the deep end” for several years- for some reason the move to WA pushed him off. Whether he moved there with an intent to kill or not, maybe it was only a matter of time…

His *alleged* comments at the Seven Sisters Brewery in PA included asking women “where they lived.” Possibly just me, but any casual flirting immediately becomes creepy if that particular question comes up. Why would he need that info? Just saying… JMO

**I realize we have no idea if he actually said those exact words or it was inferred by the brewery manager, but IMO not out of the realm of possibility given other details about his personality reported in MSM**

Last edited:
Who knows, why is it so importand to people? Is anyone really believing that any of the victims couldve been saved? This is not a regular knife, this is a combat knife, meant to efficiently kill a person, bear, cut open cans, cut wire etc.
I think most of us just want to know what happened, I don't think anyone is thinking anyone "could have been saved".... personally, imo, I am curious what happened, maybe after she locked her door she passed out or felt faint and had to lay down (that has happened to me after something shocking happened), it's just human nature that many of us wonder what happened... we can be curious and wonder and that does not mean we think ill of her, because I sure do not think ill of her, I think she was very brave.

What if at trial?

Because of all the evidence, BK acknowledges that he was in the house that night but was only there to rob the place? He thought they would all be asleep, but he was confronted by the “victims” and out of fear he had to defend himself. He wasn’t really there to murder anyone as he merely walked right past one “survivor” and did not take her life. Afterwards he realized what he had done and is now remorseful. If he had murder in mind, he would have taken a gun. Etc, Etc BK is the victim!!
Murder while committing a felony is a capital case in a lot of states. So he’d likely be in the same position.

Anyone know about Idaho?

He was never published, never made it past peer review, and never went on to complete his program of study. The only glimpse we have of his work is a pilot survey that he never finished, and which served as a way for him to be voyeuristic about crime rather than as a contribution to his field of study. The lack of evidence of his work is evidence of the fact he was not performing at the highest levels among his peers.
That's just the PHD. But what about all the academic work he did to receive his BA and then Masters? That is what his professor was commenting on. I think it could be argued that by the time he was working on his PHD in Pullman he had... other things on his mind.

Last edited:
I was thinking about that the other night. what if in a few weeks there’s another murder on that campus? And BK is like i asked you if you if you arrested anyone else. Suppose he and some freaky classmate are toying with LE? I know i know too much Castle and law and order. lol

Castle is reallly good btw
The only reason I brought up that possibility is because he had a history of offering to "teach" rural LE about technology things or something to that effect. Clearly committing murders to make them look stupid is a particularly evil and unproductive path. I am quite certain he is guilty. My only point is that his motive may have had something to do with setting up a situation that embarrasses LE.

Phones can be cloned. Imagine if he cloned his phone to a burner then spent that weekend in Canada while an accomplice did the wet work. There may be a border crossing record of him being in Canada when the murders happened while the accomplice carried his phone.

Do I think this is what happened? No, of course not.

I'll probably stop following this case closely. I think it is just a nutjob narcissist (BK) killing to see how it feels. Truly sad.

In my opinion, I believe the order of killings was M, K, E and X. BK came in through the slider, went upstairs to kill M in her sleep, K woke up and may have put up a struggle before she was killed. BK goes downstairs and kills E who was sleeping in X’s bed. X wakes up and realizes what is going on and starts crying and is killed as she tries to fight back and hits the floor with a loud thud.

The dog is barking, so BK leaves quickly before he gets caught. D opens her door and sees him with his mask on as he is exiting out of the back of the house through the slider. BK may not have seen D as he was in such a rush to leave the premises. The investigators state that both D and B were asleep on the first floor and didn’t hear anything to protect D from possibly BK returning to kill a potential witness. MOO
Xana was not asleep, that is established. She was awake, ordered food, and was using Tik Tok.

Apologies if this has been discussed, I haven't been able to keep up with the threads today.

A big question mark for me is his movements on the afternoon of the murders.
  • 12:36 pm: Suspects phone pinged near Kate’s Cup of Joe coffee, 810 Port Drive, Clarkston, WA. Surveillance footage across the street captures the suspect's car at this time.
  • 12:46 pm: Suspects phone pinged to Albertson's grocery store at 400 Bridge Street in Clarkston, WA. Surveillance footage shows the suspects Elantra and the suspect inside the store.
  • 1:04 pm: Surveillance footage shows the suspect leaving Alberton’s
  • 5:32 pm - 5:36 pm: Suspects phone pings in Johnson ID.
  • 5:36 pm - 8:30 pm: Suspects phone stops reporting to the network

What were the pings between 1:04 pm and 5:32 pm? What was he buying at Albertsons?

What was he doing in Johnson, ID, between 5:36 pm and 8:30 pm? The sun would have started setting by then. Is this when/where he disposed of the weapon?

Johnson, ID, is a little over 2 hours away from his apartment and is quite rural.

View attachment 392959

I am curious about this also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members