ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 54

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When did they see this?
Sometime during the 4 days the FBI was watching him prior to his arrest.

I really have to ask… why on earth was he pulled over for so many traffic stops? Not just talking about the 2 in Indiana, I’m talking even before the murder. Is it normal to be pulled over that many times in the States? I’m in another country but even so I’ve had my licence for about 15 years and I drive almost daily and I’ve only been pulled over once and that was for a random breath test.
I wondered this, too. Sounds like he’s not a very patient driver - another narcissistic trait. Usually police don’t let you go without a ticket unless you are a smooth talker, polite, or have an otherwise clean driving record and the infraction is small. Sounds like he’s driving that Elantra around like it’s a race car (lol)

Oh, the senselessness of it all…

I can’t stop thinking about this: For those who loved Xana, Ethan, Maddie and Kaylee, life is forever changed into before and after. I lost my brother to a four-year valiant and heart-wrenching fight with leukemia when he was 17 and I was 16. Almost 50 years later, my world is still divided into when Paul was with us and after. For me, his death meant the loss of pure optimism and unfettered hope, the realization that life isn’t “fair,” and the crushing grief of knowing we would not have the joy of growing up and growing old together.

And my brother wasn’t taken through the violent, senseless actions of another person. I don’t know how these parents and their siblings will find a way to live with the knowledge of what happened and that it can’t be changed. Of course, it seems impossible to even imagine ever finding peace of mind again.

I wish for the families the immense courage and support they will need to find a way through this and the fortitude to keep putting one foot in front of the other in the days and years to come.

This may have already been mentioned (I haven’t been able to keep up) but I was on TikTok - and I’m treading lightly - but there was a psychology and sociology instructor who was talking about DM’s actions (or inaction) and explained it as “hindsight bias”. It’s exactly like you said, he obviously drew attention to himself, but it’s only in hindsight that we know he had just murdered 4 people in the house. I think it’s easy to say “I would do _____” but we know so little about any other details other than she saw him when she opened her door the third time. I just don’t think she had enough information at the time, to necessitate rushing to call 911. Some people may have in her position but it’s entirely too easy for people to criticize her knowing what we know now.
I don't think she knew he killed anyone...just that he was very bad and to lock her door asap. I was wondering if maybe she was under the influence of something illegal so didn't want to call police, especially if the guy left and she was unaware that anyone was dead. Plus any drug can make a person a little paranoid.
Also I know kids take their phones everywhere, but they don't always take the phone charger with them. What if she was kind of wasted, terrified and in her room in the dark with a dead phone?

I'm trying to reserve judgement on this where normally I would not. We just don't know enough yet. And it wouldn't have helped if she had called 911 right then anyway, sadly.

Doesn't this sound like Garden State Killer guy? BK probably studied that...but not very well lol.

Quote from your post:

"I don't believe he thought he would get away with this and would be able to strike again. But, I hope we will find out more about what made him tick so we can get ahead of the next monster."

I think that LE will look into any possible unsolved murders from any places he was living in the past.

Remember Silence Of The Lambs? The Anthony Hopkins Jodie Foster movie?

From this movie it was pointed out in the FBI suspect profiling that a killer often commits their first murder near their home, near a familiar area, or towards a person they live near and often see.

Also, that killers tend to escalate their murders.

Point is, BK killed 4 people and it is not beyond the realm of reason that these 4 are not his first murders.
If so, this could be why he was bold enough to attack 4 people rather than just one.

Another thing I believe investigators will look for is if BK ever threatened to kill anyone before or showed any violence in his past or hurt animals.

It is already coming out that he was "weird" towards women and called one a "b@#$%" who turned down his advances.

I suspect the trial will reveal some interesting things from his past. Maybe even from his childhood.
No doubt.
If he pleads guilty we will know everything about his childhood because ut will be a DP case only.
Brendt Christensens lawyers opened their defence by proclaiming that their client a ccepted guilt for the murder of Ying Ying zhang!
NOBODY expected it.

I was reading headlines - why did he return. Wondering if he realized he dropped the sheath and went back to see about retrieving it? More likely he was curious about response, but recovery of evidence left behind may be possible? And he got spooked and left.
Either way - I feel like all the circumstantial evidence they have in the PCA definitely strongly, strongly, super strength power, point towards LE having "their man."
Probably just to see what action, if any, was taking place on the scene. He wanted to see the reactions…LE response…news media…

He wanted to see if the crime had been discovered yet.

Preponderance of evidence is fine for civil trials. Criminal convictions require proof beyond a reasonable doubt and I'm just not convinced we're there yet. Bear in mind we haven't seen all of the prosecution's cards. But we haven't seen any of the defense's cards. As far as this witness, she will do far more for the establishment of timeline than identity. And so far there has been no attempt to provide a motive. But motive and direct evidence are not required to get a conviction, just proof beyond a reasonable doubt. Like I said, I'm just not convinced we're there yet. YMMV

Yes it is "too early to be there yet" but the direct evidence and circumstantial evidence is already starting to add up. Defendants are convicted on the totality of evidence. Think of it as a large puzzle, with each piece adding up to a clear picture.

Depending on how the witness presents her testimony, the jury could believe that the man in the mask walking past her was BK. The jury decides.

Yes, and.... the paragraph before the FBI denial says that a source said LE in IN was asked. Who knows? Yet, it is odd that he was stopped twice and never had his license run, didn't get a warning or ticket, and had two very friendly cops who chatted them up. When I have been pulled over, I never get the chat. And, I know not a single person who was pulled over twice in a short space of time who was not being followed for some reason-- drugs, suspicious behavior or custody issues in the cases I know of.
His license was run. It's in the PCA.

The Fox News source was anonymous. Many of the anonymous sources in this case have been wrong. This case was tabloid cash-cow. Although Fox News is MSM, it is owned by Rupert Murdoch who is the king of tabloids, (he owns The Sun) so I take this with a bit of this skepticism.

The FBI themselves even tweeted that they were not involved with this. I trust the FBI more than an anonymous source.

Oh I totally agree with that, but I also find it odd that no one has come forward like a teacher or classmate to say they didn't know him well but still thought "Yeah, that guy was weird" or on the other hand, "He seemed totally normal to me."
Yeah there was a little bit of that, but LE also urged people to send them tips and info on him, and per one report I read, they got hundreds within hours of making that request. My bet is anyone who followed through on that was also told not to talk to the media, so they can be a potential witness in court. MOO

Based on everything disclosed at this point, BK was in and out of that house in less than 20 minutes.

He was obviously stalking or infatuated with someone in that household (likely MM, possibly KG). The crime was premeditated but it doesn't seem like much planning went into it. He didn't turn off his mobile phone or turn on airplane mode until after he left his apartment. He turned everything back on immediately upon returning home. He left his sheath behind (and no, I don't think that was on purpose). He was wearing a partial mask and black clothing. No booties, no bodysuit, no shaved head, no showering and cleaning up at the house when he was done.

He left in a hurry and immediately started driving. Seems as though he went straight home or detoured very little. IMO, there's a TON more evidence in that vehicle and in his apartment. We only know what he left behind at the crime scene, some video footage and some phone details. I can only imagine what he missed cleaning up in his car, home, computer, etc. LE will have collected so much more before this goes to trial.

Bringing this forward from another poster earlier. This give a very good view of the house inside 360 actual view of inside the house, not a recreation. It definitely gave me a better idea of the inside. Moo

I'm speculating that she was in the bathroom; came out and Ethan had already been stabbed. Xana saw this so BK 'comforted' her brought her fully into the bedroom and stabbed her there.
Purely speculation on my part. It's one scenario that explains the 'I'll take care of you." comment.

Your post gave me chills. I had been reading the "I'll take care of you" in a kind, comforting manner (even if it was BK saying it to lower Xana's guard). But, now I wonder if it was said/intended as a threat: "I'll take care of you."

MOO

Here’s what really has my attention: how was he was already driving by their house in June when he didn’t move out there until August? Is it possible that he found their social media accounts while still living in PA (the girls’ IG’s are public), became obsessed, and chose a university for his Ph.D program that was specifically near them so he could stalk IRL instead of online? That sounds insane, but how else to explain that he was scoping out a random street in Idaho two months before his semester at WSU started?
He wasn’t driving by the house in June.
LE got phone records going back to June because that’s when he opened the account with AT&T.

A256D203-300E-4411-B07D-3223671062D9.jpeg

Isn't open carry legal in idaho? And most people who open carry wear long tail shirt.
Help me out here... why a long tail shirt? I can see that for concealed carry, but why for open carry?

Do we know if he ever lived away from home prior to moving to WSU? I know there was an interview with a professor from his MA program stating she had him in an on-line class.

If he had these murderous desires building inside him for years, but lived at home, his move to WSU was his first taste of freedom. And look how fast he started going out on late night prowls.

I believe BK is deeply unwell. He has been sleep deprived, (his neighbour said he was up a lot at night, classmates said he looked exhausted) and I believe he may have an eating disorder such as orthorexia (major weight loss, gaunt appearance, strict diet). Add to that an awkward man who just moved cross country and started a demanding new academic program of study... and you've got the ingredients for a psychotic break. JMO, YMMV etc.

Apparently the guy was heavier in the past, but it's been reported that he is 6-feet tall and weighs 185 pounds.

A standard BMI calculator puts his number at "25.1" which is slightly in the "Overweight" category...

I thought it was weird too.

My interpretation was that maybe his phone battery died and maybe he went home to sleep. Three hours is a long time.
However, it's worded strangely and that was what I came up with. It doesn't mean I'm correct at all. As a matter of fact, I'm probably 99.9% wrong. It's just that it was worded so strangely, I couldn't think of anything else.
Had the vehicle gPS? I know we discussed the earlier models had it, in a way that sounded like it was sort of integral to the mechanism and ran whether you liked it or not, but had the 2015?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luke2183