ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 55

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking that EC was sleeping and XK was awake. I would think XK's DD order would indicate if he was awake along with his phone records. If she ordered food for him, then he probably was. If not, I would assume he was sleeping. But maybe he just didn't want anything. Maybe when she said "there's someone here", she was saying it out loud and trying to wake EC at the same time. Being that he's a good size gentleman, I would think if he was alert, he would have come out to check instead of XK getting up.

Makes more sense that BK went straight to the 3rd floor. Too much noise was happening with the dog etc, XK heard it, and BK heard or saw movement on the 2nd floor when he came back down and then attacked XK and EC.

(side note: I see you used XR to refer to Xana. So many times when I was writing, I wanted to type XR too. :) )

MOO
AGH! I just realized I was doing that.

I tend to agree with you! I guess I presume there would have been more noise from there between XK and EC.

"You got to remember these two girls were so upset that when they went outside after seeing this ... one passed out," he said. "And the other one was so hyperventilating that the message wasn’t clear enough for the operator."

Didn’t Elizabeth Smart’s sister see her taken at knife point and also wait until the next morning to do anything? <modsnip> perhaps DM shouted something along the lines of ‘shut up the f up’ thinking it was Ethan making the noise and that spooked BK which I can see as plausible. I wonder if BK knew the passcodes to MM and XK’s rooms but not the others, which is why he left DM behind her door. Maybe he’d heard through word of mouth, as it was a well-known party house. MOO JMO JMVHO
I have heard this theory before- that DM had yelled something out of her room that night thinking Ethan was being loud. Would BK really have left without finding her? for someone willing to kill 4, what's a 5th? (what a terrible question, sorry)

I had been waiting for the thread to open to post this!

They can easily get his DNA from his apartment, or his parents house, and now that he's arrested, I'm sure they took his DNA. But I worry that he may have wiped away any DNA from the victims.
This crime seems to have happened at warp speed so hopefully he didn’t have time to wipe anything away.

ETA: I read this wrong! For some reason I thought op meant literally wiping his dna off of the victims, rather than their dna from his car. Oop.

Last edited:
THANK YOU!
I feel the exact same way. I know the sheath was found near her, but Maddie and Kaylee were right next to eachother, so still the target was likely Kaylee due to dads comments and Kaylee (obviously) having a stalker. I am open to the target being Maddie but I feel like people are jumping to conclusions, I just don't see it.

ALSO he probably had that sheath attached to his belt, its very likely Maddie and/or Kaylee fought and it came off.

I say the sheath was good for two things- DNA and knife ID

All MOO!

Has it been confirmed that KG was sleeping with MM? Her bed was just across the hall and her dog was found in there. Of course we know she was found in the same bed as MM, but she could have awakened and went in there.

Did I misread or is ie that DM was NOT sleeping on the 1st floor, but, on the second floor and saw him go pst her and exit from the second floor sliding glass door ....is it true ? sorry about weird inabilityof this old laptop jmo

Did I misread or is ie that DM was NOT sleeping on the 1st floor, but, on the second floor and saw him go pst her and exit from the second floor sliding glass door ....is it true ? sorry about weird inabilityof this old laptop jmo
Yes, the PCA confirmed that Dylan's room was on the second floor and not on the first floor (parking level), as many had suspected. Bethany, the other roommate, had a room on the first floor.

THANK YOU!
I feel the exact same way. I know the sheath was found near her, but Maddie and Kaylee were right next to eachother, so still the target was likely Kaylee due to dads comments and Kaylee (obviously) having a stalker. I am open to the target being Maddie but I feel like people are jumping to conclusions, I just don't see it.

ALSO he probably had that sheath attached to his belt, its very likely Maddie and/or Kaylee fought and it came off.

I say the sheath was good for two things- DNA and knife ID

All MOO!
We don't know why BK left the surviving roommate alone, or if he was even aware of her, but he certainly didn't leave the other four on those two floors alone. X's room is removed from his path of entry/exit to 3rd floor, so unless X or E was visible and out of their room, I think BK went to X's room intentionally. DM didn't seem to report any noise from the kitchen or living room. For this reason, I'm not going to assume any one person was the target yet. Although I do think M was the first to be killed, I don't think the other three were just collateral damage.

"You got to remember these two girls were so upset that when they went outside after seeing this ... one passed out," he said. "And the other one was so hyperventilating that the message wasn’t clear enough for the operator."

So much for the defense trying to accuse DM of anything. Jury will hate them if they try it.

AGH! I just realized I was doing that.

I tend to agree with you! I guess I presume there would have been more noise from there between XK and EC.
No worries! It's clear who you were talking about.

I think everything just unfolded so quickly. Thinking someone may be in your home that you don't expect can cause you to freeze and be unsure of how to react. She was so young, I don't think she had previously thought out what she would do if she encountered an intruder in her home. I feel so bad for them having to experience that.

I have heard this theory before- that DM had yelled something out of her room that night thinking Ethan was being loud. Would BK really have left without finding her? for someone willing to kill 4, what's a 5th? (what a terrible question, sorry)
I was thinking the same but more so that BK knew he couldn’t get to her if she was behind her door that he didn’t know the passcode to. They had passcode working doors
. Maybe he knew MM and XK’s codes but not DM’s?… somehow

It is, but he didn’t exactly make it hard for them. He may aswell left his business card at the scene. Multiple videos of suspect vehicle 1 was caught in the area…. He made this very very easy for them imo.
Actually Not too sure why it took 7 weeks!
I think the reason it took so long is because they were needing his family's DNA to confirm it was his they found at the scene, or trying to find a way to get his known DNA to compare, it with what was found at the scene. JMO

I'm thinking that EC was sleeping and XK was awake. I would think XK's DD order would indicate if he was awake along with his phone records. If she ordered food for him, then he probably was. If not, I would assume he was sleeping. But maybe he just didn't want anything. Maybe when she said "there's someone here", she was saying it out loud and trying to wake EC at the same time. Being that he's a good size gentleman, I would think if he was alert, he would have come out to check instead of XK getting up.

Makes more sense that BK went straight to the 3rd floor. Too much noise was happening with the dog etc, XK heard it, and BK heard or saw movement on the 2nd floor when he came back down and then attacked XK and EC.

(side note: I see you used XR to refer to Xana. So many times when I was writing, I wanted to type XR too. :) )

MOO
Yeah, I don't think you will be far away with this theory/scenario. I think XK was awake also given her food order and scrolling TikTok at 4:12am and was probably alerted to something happening above. If the noises that were happening awoke DM then XK would have certainly heard them awake IMO.

Have had some time to digest and read back through the PCA;

• Again - want to give kudos to Chief Fry and all those involved. As we were doubting during the investigation, they were putting together quite a comprehensive picture of the events that occurred. While we thought they weren't capable, they were outdoing the efforts of most large departments in the US.
  • I thought the scale of FBI was odd, initially, but it now makes WAY more sense since we had multiple states in the picture from almost the beginning. MPD (and probably ISP) starting framing together the picture of the Hyuandi very quickly.
  • Kudos to the WSU PD Officer that spotted AND ran the information pertaining to the car. Getting that image attached to the driver owning the registration was the catalyst for this entire thing. The picture matching DM's description was THE start of the end for BK.
  • I believe SG was told by LE that they had more info after his emotional media appearances. I can't imagine how tough the line of withholding information but having to tell the parents to trust you was. I believe they showed him something to prove they were on it and not falling into a cold case scenario.
  • This is just MOO, but I am having a hard time picturing the XR/EC sequence of events. IF MM was the target and her and KG were killed first, I would think the crying from XR (assumed) would wake Ethan up. If Ethan was first, I would assume XR would make some sort of audible noise to alert the others? I'm just very confused by her being awake.
  • I think BK may have been confused and not counted KG as a possibility in the home? If he watched the home enough and counted XR, MM, EC (as a routine guest), DM, and the other - he would imagine encountering 5 individuals. In his mind, he may have assumed KG was one of the other roommates? If he did see DM, he would have "accounted" for everyone in the home.
All just my thoughts and opinions.
I ABSOLUTELY agree. I apologize for doubting the capabilities of the police department in handling this; and I hope everyone else who publicly doubted them as well also apologizes...because the local police (and other collaborating agencies) did do a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1