ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 57

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is odd because her door is the very first bedroom he arrives at as he enters the home and from the affidavit, it appears her door was unlocked at that stage
( only thing which can explain it for me is that he was mainly targeting the 3rd floor occupants)
I agree. I also believe he was primarily targeting MM.

I'm talking two different incidents. Of course she would pass out after discovering her friend dead in the morning.
My heart completely continues to break for all 6 victims. Those poor survivors. IMO People leaking things to the press or wherever should stop. The Story needs to come from official channels or not at all. Those girls are traumatized enough. This is their story. *tears for them. Truly.

I just looked at the PCA trying to find out when the DNA was discovered on the sheath. It says "The Idaho state lab later located a single source of male DNA (suspect Profile) left on the button snap of the knife sheath". It's not clear when they discovered it. My question to any lawyers/attorneys on here is: can you get a warrant for DNA if you don't currently have something to compare it to? It would almost seem like a fishing expedition. IMO once they had a DNA sample isolated from the sheath, they would be trying to get his DNA. It's possible they discovered the sample once he was already on the way to PA. Tough to tell from the info in the PCA.

MOO.
Law enforcement is required to get a warrant to search/seize where a person has a protected privacy or property interest. The constitutional analysis on searching/seizing an object and/or “seizing” a person’s DNA sample is essentially the same principle that gives LE authority to go through folks’ trash w/o a warrant. By discarding a thing & leaving it in a public space (or a space that is not within one’s dominion and control), the person relinquishes privacy and property interest over that thing. The property interest analysis becomes a bit more complicated, but that’s the general idea.

Good thinking, I never thought about that! It’s possible he threatened her and forbid her to call police
It’s totally possible, BUT i still don’t think he saw her based on the direction he was coming from (from the den) and where he was headed to the the kitchen on his right. She was slightly ahead of him on his left. She got a good look at him like a guest in a pew at a wedding gets a good look at a bride coming down the aisle, but he was only focused on making that right into the kitchen. The bride isn’t looking at all the guests, she just walking looking straight ahead not to her side. In his case, he was looking straight then to his right to make the turn into the kitchen

I believe there's a step down into the kitchen.BK may have been looking down to avoid falling

So he had to roam around the main floor a bit - how did he encounter Xana/Ethan - once he comes downstairs from the top floor, the natural move would be to just exit. It is complicated to get to Xana's room because it's tucked away off the living room. He has to come down the stairs, go all the way through the living room, then turn around after killing X/E and come back and then out the sliding doors.
This is why I suggest she came out to the living room to see what was happening - thus her voice that DM heard 'someone's in here'. He saw her, she ran to get Ethan, he followed to stop her calliing 911. She allegedly had defensive wounds, she was already awake eating Doordash, browsing Tik Tok.

JMO

I’m wondering if the LEO meant the “ only “ bed in the room.

He doesn’t say in “a” single bed. He says “ the “ single bed.

JMO

Page 2

View attachment 393569
Good point. Totally could be. I went to where they described Ethan and they don't mention a bed at all so it's hard to figure out whether he meant a single bed or the single bed in the room

[…]

Interior surveillance cameras show the suspect walking through the store, purchasing unknown items at the checkout and leaving at approximately 1:04 p.m.

When contacted by the Lewiston Tribune on Thursday, an employee at the Clarkston grocery store said management is not commenting on the case or releasing the footage to the media at this time.

The white Elantra was also seen in the parking lot of the Chef’s Store at 820 Port Drive and passing by Kate’s Cup of Joe, which is on the same street. An employee at the coffee stand said the car was spotted in the drive-through, but the driver did not stop and order anything.

Detective Bryon Denny of the Clarkston Police Department said he was asked to obtain some surveillance footage by Idaho authorities. However, the FBI handled the Albertsons portion of the investigation.
“We were just called to check the video of the Chef’s Store parking lot,” Denny said. “It did not appear he entered the store.”

[…]

Perhaps BK was driving around and disposing of bloody items in public trash bins. I am seeing at least one dumpster by the drive-through. Walmart is also directly across the street.

Google map of the area by Kate’s Cup of Joe. Google Maps

Agree I heard that woman cop on Nancy Grace say something similar. Forgotten her name, might be Sheree or Shirlee.
That's the problem w Nancy - never lets anybody get a word in.

I really wanted to hear more from that woman cop, she seemed to have a lot of insight.

This is why I can't watch her. I've tried more than once.

This case makes me realize how much easier it was to get away with murder say 25 or 40 years ago.

Imagine doing this same crime in 1972 or 1992 instead of 2022? Would not have to worry about half the people in the neighborhood having doorbell cameras or other surveillance cameras. Your cell phone would not be basically a GPS attached to you and record all your communications and search history. And DNA science was in its infancy. Basically all the things that led to Bk arrest didn't exist or were much more limited

I listened to an interview with a Retired Det. and loosely quoting, Bundy and others like him, would not have gotten as far as they did had they committed their crimes today. Today, surveillance is everywhere. It's basically "1984". People even have hidden trail cams on wooded property. Whole surveillance systems in their homes. These were 20-year-old kids. Invincible. I didn't lock my doors til I was much older and my 2nd s/o was so anal about it that I finally got into the habit of doing so as well (of course they had lived in a large city with far more violent crime, for several years, prior to returning to the hills).

I do too. E has to be a factor to consider here, because unless he was completely plastered out of his wits, there's no way BK could have murdered X, with her crying all the while, and somebody talking to her, without E waking up and reacting somehow. And we know X was awake during the whole event, so how could BK murder E without X either fighting him, shouting, or fleeing, especially if she wasn't cornered in the room, but right by the door. DM didn't report hearing any of this kind of sound (unless she did but it wasn't included in the PCA).

Instead, DM reports hearing crying, twice, coming from X's room. I know it's contentious whether or not that is blood dripping down the side of the house, but its placement would be consistent with a body bleeding against the wall of that room, the wall nearest where the camera captured a loud thud at 4:17. I think that was E and BK. I do think other posters' idea about the order the murder charges were listed could be order of death (maybe, maybe not), but maybe X was stabbed before E, injured, then E was killed, and finally, BK came back to X to "help" her, and he finished the job right before DM saw him leave. It's the only way I can put all the details together with what I know so far, which isn't much...
how about this?
E is asleep in bed.
He is murdered first.
X is out of the bedroom at the time, eating or tiktoking in a different room
she returns to their shared bedroom and encounters the killer who then kills her.
?
Speculating.
I don't think it matters much and we really will not know until trial.
But we can try finding out more about the alleged killer..

I have no idea how many he came to kill, but my own view of his mental situation tells me he came to kill and probably had the idea of a mass killing in his mind. This is a man who studied, and some say, was obsessed with serial killers and mass murderers.

He drove around the neighborhood working himself up (each time he went over to the neighborhood, he likely got closer to the mindset he needed to do this crime).

That night, he realized it was the best opportunity he'd had and he was mentally and otherwise prepared. There's no way, in my mind, that he didn't have plans to keep his DNA out of the scene, to clean up after, to dump evidence after. He had plastic bags in the car. He knew he would have to dispose of the knife. He figured he might get blood on him (although chose a style of knifing that was least likely to do so - something that can be researched online). He was prepared for all of that.

And if he wasn't, then that car is going to be a damning piece of evidence and he has to be shaking in his boots, as it seems he preferred not to be caught.
Everyone speaks of the car, he still stepped into his apartment and must have left evidence there too. Moo

She might not even have been in bed, or have just begun to go to bed. He stabbed her before she could make any significant noise, by which time Ethan was probably aroused and before he could react was stabbed too, all in a terrific fury. (My perspective, of course.)

[…]

Interior surveillance cameras show the suspect walking through the store, purchasing unknown items at the checkout and leaving at approximately 1:04 p.m.

When contacted by the Lewiston Tribune on Thursday, an employee at the Clarkston grocery store said management is not commenting on the case or releasing the footage to the media at this time.

The white Elantra was also seen in the parking lot of the Chef’s Store at 820 Port Drive and passing by Kate’s Cup of Joe, which is on the same street. An employee at the coffee stand said the car was spotted in the drive-through, but the driver did not stop and order anything.

Detective Bryon Denny of the Clarkston Police Department said he was asked to obtain some surveillance footage by Idaho authorities. However, the FBI handled the Albertsons portion of the investigation.
“We were just called to check the video of the Chef’s Store parking lot,” Denny said. “It did not appear he entered the store.”

[…]
On PORT DRIVE
Everything on port drive is on the river
https://www.google.com/maps/place/US+Foods+CHEF'STORE,+820+Port+Dr,+Clarkston,+WA+99403/@46.4242489,-117.0488933,13z/data=!4m6!3m5!1s0x54a1cb4c7f344abb:0xf027749b20ba30ed!8m2!3d46.4242489!4d-117.0488933!16s%2Fg%2F11p3j9z575?hl=en-us

Look at the street view
And here’s the drive through of Kate’s coffee

Attachments

• 5160CAC3-376F-4420-AF55-64ED59874674.jpeg
    5160CAC3-376F-4420-AF55-64ED59874674.jpeg
    86.3 KB · Views: 45
IMO, it was BK. In the PCA, DM noted she heard a "male voice." IMO, she would recognize E's voice and would have noted this, as she did K's, "she heard who she thought was Goncalves say something to the effect of, "there's someone here."
Some have speculated that it may have been Xana who said "there's someone here."

how about this?
E is asleep in bed.
He is murdered first.
X is out of the bedroom at the time, eating or tiktoking in a different room
she returns to their shared bedroom and encounters the killer who then kills her.
?
Speculating.
I don't think it matters much and we really will not know until trial.
But we can try finding out more about the alleged killer..
I think this is incorrect, IMO:

MM first, KG second, X attacked, E third, X fourth. Read the PCA.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed and following is pertaining to DM>

I really wonder if she was "asleep" and thought she was dreaming. She wakes up hours later, "I had this really weird dream"...
It's possible that she was observing while she was asleep and then remembered everything later.
People sometimes do weird things in their sleep, then remember them the next day.
Sleepwalking is actually fairly common....

I dunno...that's just me....
Just my possible explanation....
But I'm old...I've sleepwalked and my husband has sleepwalked..(Nothing dangerous. We'll just get up and start talking) Maybe it's an old person thing...Half awake, half asleep...I take meds, so does he...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member