ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 58

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I may have missed it since haven’t seen the significance of this line from the PCA discussed; any thoughts on how it could connect without being there?

Investigators found that the 8458 Phone did connect to a cell phone tower that provides service to Moscow on November 14, 2022, but investigators do not believe that the 8458 Phone was in Moscow on that date. The 8458 Phone has not connected to any towers that provide service to Moscow since that date.
Maybe if a tower was at the edge of town, let's say on the west edge of town (imaginary example) and provides service in a ten mile radius (made-up number), then a phone could be ten miles west of town and still connect to that same tower. MOO

I’ve wondered about it since it came out and can’t make sense of that.
Can a phone number be cloned?
Lots of intrigue there….
I'm not sure if you saw, but I tried to explain a few posts back

Something funny about the affidavit. They mentioned King Road and him traveling east and west. That road goes south and north. What else did they screw up in that form?
I don't know that LE screwed the address up but I do see what you're saying, it looks like they live on Queen Rd. But the red text is what Google placed on the map when I searched for 1122 King Rd. I think it's just one of those weird streets that's named in a puzzling manner. I've seen that every now and again and thought to myself "They didn't ask my opinion on that one". lol

1673157964347.png

Just wondering if people who are or may be questioning the veracity of LE's accusations of BK that he committed the 4 murders & felony burglary, have a scenario in mind in which BK would not want to say "what really happened" & start the process of exonerating himself by giving some details to LE right away about why the "indicators" (for lack of a better word) in the PCA that he was involved or committed the crimes himself is incorrect?

Or if people questioning his guilt think BK has already done so (started explaining why he's not guilty/why they've got the wrong man), and it just hasn't come out yet, and won't until his Defense Team & LE/Prosecutors sit down to discuss it in a pre-trial plea, or it will all wait to come out during trial?

Or think it's something else, like that BK is in fear for his life because the "real killer" threatened him to keep quite & so is paralyzed by fear/is in shock & can't adequately express himself & his innocence?

Or have no clue, but don't think anyone should be expressing their opinions presuming his guilt or innocence until proven either way in a court of law?

MOO. Just pondering & genuinely curious.
IMO, yes, yes and yes

A lot of people were getting the feeling the poster could have been the killer just by how he posted and after reading them all, I'd have to agree.
I don’t think that BK joined Facebook to get on that group discussion. It’s totally far fetched & being fueled by a journalist for attention.
It’s been reported BK didn’t have social media accounts.
I think that if anything it was a law enforcement official or someone close to the investigation who knew about the sheath or simply someone who guessed right.

there would be a mad rush to find a bushy eyebrowed half brother whose Dad is his Dad.

But if BK’s “father” was actually not his father, not related to him in anyway then it wouldn’t be his half brother.

I don’t think this is the case at all, but I wondered why they took dna from the dad when they could have taken it from the mum. On the off chance that mum had a secret relationship.

So my question was: if they have indeed done the cheek swab for BK’s dna, hypothetically what would happen if it didn’t match the “fathers”?

Would it be case dismissed?

I'm curious about the payback for him.
Unless he filmed it the gratification period would have been way too short. What is the point? I'm not seeing revenge or any of the usual suspect reasons for such an act..

My speculation is that he has been feeling gratified ever since he killed them. Maybe replaying the entire scenario in his head, savoring the memory, all his senses tingling when he recalls the sights, sounds, everything from that night.

My guess, just a guess, is that he felt thrilled while the world was wondering who was the "genius" who seemed to have gotten away with a very complex multiple murder.

My guess, just a guess, is that even now that he's been captured, there's still gratification for him. I feel that he is enjoying being in the spotlight, and especially that he is reenacting all the steps that captured notorious killers have undergone before him.

Maybe the handcuffs, the SWAT team breaking into his house and simultaneously busting all the doors and windows, gratified his sense of being an "important" murderer.

Even being in court, a judge reading charges, court officers surrounding him---IMO I think he's following a script he wrote, produced and is now starring in.

Jmo

My speculation is that he has been feeling gratified ever since he killed them. Maybe replaying the entire scenario in his head, savoring the memory, all his senses tingling when he recalls the sights, sounds, everything from that night.

My guess, just a guess, is that he felt thrilled while the world was wondering who was the "genius" who seemed to have gotten away with a very complex multiple murder.

My guess, just a guess, is that even now that he's been captured, there's still gratification for him. I feel that he is enjoying being in the spotlight, and especially that he is reenacting all the steps that captured notorious killers have undergone before him.

Maybe the handcuffs, the SWAT team breaking into his house and simultaneously busting all the doors and windows, gratified his sense of being an "important" murderer.

Even being in court, a judge reading charges, court officers surrounding him---IMO I think he's following a script he wrote, produced and is now starring in.

Jmo

Very much agree with this.

MOO.

Steve Goncalves: Surviving roommate passed out | Banfield​

PUBLISH 1 DAY AGO
According to NBC News, Steve Goncalves said one of the surviving roommates of the #IdahoFour passed out after seeing the crime scene, and the other was hyperventilating while on the phone with 911, which may explain why the call was made about an "unconscious person."
Do we know if Steve Goncalves actually knows this for sure? Its obviously he hasn't actually been fully aware of issues he's discussed in the past.

Law enforcement was very close to the chest with their information - and Steve Goncalves has made comments before clearly not being away of what law enforcement actually knew.

Jennifer Coffindaffer, a retired FBI agent, who has been vocal about this case suggested that the roommate passed out. Does Steve actually know this or is he predicting the same?

I don’t think that BK joined Facebook to get on that group discussion. It’s totally far fetched & being fueled by a journalist for attention.
It’s been reported BK didn’t have social media accounts.
I think that if anything it was a law enforcement official or someone close to the investigation who knew about the sheath or simply someone who guessed right.
I'm not so sure. I've read a lot of the PR and IL posts and they do raise a lot of red flags. Way too many coinkydinks for me to poopoo it. Just curious if you're read them all before forming an opinion it's not him?

Two of those who commented on the case; a Facebook user going by the name Pappa Rodgers and Reddit poster InsideLooking, appeared to have had a detailed knowledge of the case, and made claims that later turned out to be true. This led to speculation that one or both accounts could have been operated by the suspected killer.

I was long thinking about a potential scenario. Supposedly, BK was driving to Moscow for drugs, or drugs and dating someone? In the area of the party house and frats there probably quite active business. In this situation, switching off the phone is not unlikely. I don’t know what happens, but whatever it is, it renders BK comatose for a while. BK doesn’t know the inhabitants of the house, but the other person does, and has a beef with someone there. An ideal moment - he parks the car next to the house, takes BK’s knife, enters the house, kills whoever he planned to, and maybe, KG as the side victim. Leaves the sheath. Then takes the car with very sleepy BK, drives him around for two hours till he BK up, then brings him back and says, “you made a mess there this night”, I’ll drive you home. BK doesn’t remember what happened, so he accepts the “help” of his “friend”. Next day, he reads about the murders. He tries to get in touch with his “friend”, but that one is less responsive and ultimately, disappears. BK basically has amnesia for that night. Two front seats of Elantra need to be checked for DNA, not BK’s but someone unrelated to him but known in Moscow.

This scenario is lax, but at least considers that the killer had a motive, and targets. BK doesn’t seem to have either.
Did this supposed person also drive BK’s car and phone to the house 12 times before that night? Because his car and phone were there many times before the murders. This kind of seems like a huge reach…

Last edited:
I agree regarding Ethan's injuries, but in the end I think (this is a big MOO) that Murphy was the impediment leading to BCK's distraction and leaving the knife sheath behind. Imagine the dog's response to the killer in Maddie's room and then Kaylee crossing the hall saying, "There's someone here," with Kaylee running straight into him and Murphy already there. I believe Kaylee came from her own room and will think this until BCK says otherwise. Which would explain the difference in Kaylee's wounds which were more like tears because she was standing up when he slashed her from lungs to liver. Then he flung her on the bed with Maddie while the dog was going nuts, really really nuts. Doodles may not be barkers but blood pouring out of his two favorite people would turn him into one. Except BCK didn't want to kill an animal so he locked Murphy in Kaylee's bedroom and, in the midst of barking and scratching becoming a huge glitch in his perfect plans, the killer hurried downstairs to complete his purpose, knowing that the noise might alert the household... taking the knife but completely forgetting the knife sheath.
Well laid-out and detailed. Very strong possibility. BK was pumped with adrenaline. Hyper-focused and trying to navigate the house in the dimly-lit conditions while wearing a black balaclava type of face covering and mask. It all makes sense. Even the direction of the purported single vans shoe print near the bottom of the stairs. The direction would be coming from the living room (and Ethan and Xanas room) heading down the tricky little step and through the kitchen and sliding doors to make his escape.

DM was all but invisible to BK as he departed. His mind was racing, creating total tunnel vision. A moment ago when everything had “slowed down” in his brain and he could breathe had now morphed into almost a euphoric sense of panic coupled with a heightened awareness of self preservation. He was focused on exiting. He walked right past her in his trancelike state. IF she had spoken, turned on a light, moved, or even closed her door at that precise moment-things would most likely be a lot different.

Does anyone recall a girl named Nita Neary? Ted Bundy walked right past her and out of a sorority house at FSU while carrying the bloodied murder weapon (log/piece of wood) in his hand. He had just been interrupted while in the midst of a brutal attack on two sorority sisters. They survived. The previous victims he attacked in the same house did not survive. This savage attack took all of 15 minutes. He had planned to kill all present in that house, (which would have been quite a feat), before being interrupted. I believe there were close to 30 more girls living in the accommodations. BK must have absolutely idolized TB. JMOO.

<modsnip - link is not approved>

Last edited by a moderator:
We have learned that BK is a trained kickboxer … IMO he utilized his skill and the thud occurred as he took EC down. This was a horrific nightmare in every imaginable way. Sad.
Oh my gosh, this is the first time I’m hearing about him being a trained kickboxer!? do you happen to know where this was reported? Just the thought of that happening to EC, or any of these kids, makes me sick and breaks my heart.

But if BK’s “father” was actually not his father, not related to him in anyway then it wouldn’t be his half brother.

I don’t think this is the case at all, but I wondered why they took dna from the dad when they could have taken it from the mum. On the off chance that mum had a secret relationship.

So my question was: if they have indeed done the cheek swab for BK’s dna, hypothetically what would happen if it didn’t match the “fathers”?

Would it be case dismissed?
Anyone else is invited to correct me, but I don't think they took the DNA from either parent, per se. I think they removed items from the garbage outside the parents' home to scrape DNA. And some of the DNA they collected was from an individual who couldn't be excluded from being the father from the DNA they collected from the knife protector.

I may have missed it since haven’t seen the significance of this line from the PCA discussed; any thoughts on how it could connect without being there?

Investigators found that the 8458 Phone did connect to a cell phone tower that provides service to Moscow on November 14, 2022, but investigators do not believe that the 8458 Phone was in Moscow on that date. The 8458 Phone has not connected to any towers that provide service to Moscow since that date.

Yeah, that was weird.

It definitely is possible that a phone can ping off a cell tower even though it's normally wouldn't because it's not in a normal range and there are other towers closer. For whatever reason, sometimes phones are just picked up by a more distant tower that is in range. I think this is rare but I remember a defense attorney talking about how he's seen cell phone records ping off towers that are 10 miles apart, different ones, in the space of 15 seconds, when obviously no one's phone was traveling 10 miles in 15 seconds.

That said, I don't know why they would point this out in the PCA. I haven't read or heard anyone else talking about this line either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Metcalflovestruecrime