ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 58

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely think LE knows more about these accounts. They raised the eyebrows of an ex-FBI so you know they've been tipped in multiple times. The poster was just acting so cocksure of himself.
100% on your thoughts about this behavior. I’m willing to bet we’ll learn more about this particular FB account at some point.

I have seen the avatar that was used for the Pappa Rodgers account. Do you have a link that would show the avatar used for the InsideLooking account? (I am very curious to see what it looks like.)

MOO.
I'm also super curious to see the profile pics of the InsideLooking account. Kinda weird though cuz I thought reddit only allows for a small profile icon, not really a full picture.

I don't think that's when she heard the crying when he was leaving.

If I understand correctly, she had 3 'experiences' - the first was when she heard someone say there was someone there. Then she heard the whimpering and the males voice around the same time, and then the third time when she opened the door she saw him.

Maybe someone who read the affidavit more closely can clarify.

"A short time later, Dylan said she heard who she thought was Kaylee say something to the effect of 'there's someone here'."

To be fair, if BK never left that sheath it very well could’ve taken months, or much longer.
Possibly. But IMO the LE have oodles more of BK’s DNA at the crime scene.

They only needed to produce one sample to prove BK had been at the crime scene, and they also have all his movement data. I believe they suspected him long before they made it public. JMO

I’m a dozen or so pages behind. Things from the PCA that stood out to me:

Suspect vehicle 1 (was there more than 1? I’ve never read a PCA that numbers something if there is only 1)

D.M. did not state that she recognized the male. (I’ve read hundreds of PCAs and legal documents as well as prepared them. I can not understand what they’re getting at with this wording. I’m not implying anything but this wording is intentional and I don’t know what it means.)
IMO, I noticed the “suspect vehicle 1” too and wondered as opposed to……..”suspect vehicle 2”?
Also, you would expect to read”: DM stated that she did not recognize the male and not the way it is worded in the affidavit. It’s worded to protect DM.

Agree. Some people seem to be taking the view that if BK wanted to kill a person/s, he chose poorly because there was risk involved. I think that misses the mark just a bit, in that the "who" mattered immensely to him. There was meaning (to him) in his act of violence, and that meaning is very much tied up in the victims' profiles/identities and what they represented to him. MOO
Yeah, I agree. There is a reason he chose that house. What that is or who that is I’m not sure yet and it doesn’t even have to make sense to us what that reason was aslong as it made sense to him.

OK, so this is a totally new subject from what I’ve seen discussed here today thus far… but I just wanted to mention that I watched Lawrence Jones Cross Country a few hours ago and they spoke with some of BK’s old “friends” (if that’s what you call people you do drugs with) about him, and what he was like back when he was heavily addicted to heroin. It was stated that BK is suspected to have been clean since 2017, but I’m only mentioning this because it was just a little shocking to hear about him being this massive heroin addict… it’s not what typically comes to mind when I think of BK under the current circumstances… and I guess it just makes me wonder how, or if, his past drug abuse has anything to do with his decision to commit these crimes. I mean, maybe they’re two completely separate things, and the drug abuse is all in the past and has nothing to do with this, but I don’t know enough about addiction or addictive tendencies to know how or if homicidal behavior can be interwoven with past drug abuse. Sorry if it sounds like a stupid question or thought, I’m just ignorant about the matter and like I said, when I was watching Lawrence Jones, it just sort of struck me that we were talking about BK as this major heroin addict, because that’s not really what we’re discussing in the headlines or what I think of when I think of BK. Anyway, if anyone has any thoughts to add or insight, I am open to your feedback!
Heroin does not usually lead to aggressive or violent behavior. The user would normally “mellow out” until passing out. It’s not a stimulant. Source: my brother was an addict who snorted and eventually died. I saw him many many times after using and have spoken with many people as I have worked in recovery centers since. There is something very wrong with Brian’s brain in addition to abuse disorder.

48 Hours was quite sensitive and sobering.
I appreciate the the comprehensive review of all the background along with heart wrenching interviews with family and friends of the innocent young victims and people who knew BK.

To be fair, if BK never left that sheath it very well could’ve taken months, or much longer.

They only needed to produce one sample to prove BK had been at the crime scene, and they also have all his movement data. I believe they suspected him long before they made it public. JMO
I agree regarding Ethan's injuries, but in the end I think (this is a big MOO) that Murphy was the impediment leading to BCK's distraction and leaving the knife sheath behind. Imagine the dog's response to the killer in Maddie's room and then Kaylee crossing the hall saying, "There's someone here," with Kaylee running straight into him and Murphy already there. I believe Kaylee came from her own room and will think this until BCK says otherwise. Which would explain the difference in Kaylee's wounds which were more like tears because she was standing up when he slashed her from lungs to liver. Then he flung her on the bed with Maddie while the dog was going nuts, really really nuts. Doodles may not be barkers but blood pouring out of his two favorite people would turn him into one. Except BCK didn't want to kill an animal so he locked Murphy in Kaylee's bedroom and, in the midst of barking and scratching becoming a huge glitch in his perfect plans, the killer hurried downstairs to complete his purpose, knowing that the noise might alert the household... taking the knife but completely forgetting the knife sheath.
Where did you read that Kaylee’s lungs and liver were slashed?

I did see that video where the man calling himself “outside looking in” said he was told that one of the victims lungs and liver were destroyed, and that was a terrifying thing to say. IMO that person was the killer and was getting off on hurting the families. He kept saying “Erm” in a creepy quiet voice and pretended he didn’t want to hurt people by disclosing this horrible fact, which are the exact actions of a sadistic psychopath.

Where did you read that Kaylee’s lungs and liver were slashed?

I did see that video where the man calling himself “outside looking in” said he was told that one of the victims lungs and liver were destroyed, and that was a terrifying thing to say. IMO that person was the killer and was getting off on hurting the families. He kept saying “Erm” in a creepy quiet voice and pretended he didn’t want to hurt people by disclosing this horrible fact, which are the exact actions of a sadistic psychopath.
Goncalves said his daughter's injuries "definitely did not match" Mogen's wounds. "They may have individually died from the exact same thing, being stabbed, but there are more details," he added. "They're not even close to matching."

The knife slashed open Kaylee Goncalves' liver and lungs, he said.

The grieving father paid for a copy of his daughter's death certificate, which included some of the details of her injuries

Re heroin post (tried to quote but it did not post) In my experience with abuse, sometimes people with very intrusive thoughts use drugs to calm those unwanted strong thoughts. Just suggesting the two could be related but in another way. If he lost his coping mechanism and obviously had violent thoughts, it could be that he acted, rather than self medicated with drugs. We just don't know yet. Addiction is often used to bring comfort when someone feels nothing else if working. IME. Not condoning his actions at all. I just also find the addiction information very interesting. It does not fit what we knew previously and brings another dimension to this.

IMO this is the right sequence, but I think BK heard X playing TikToks on her phone and thought she was awake or talking. He entered her room and had a big advantage - element of surprise, X was awake but had been drinking, was lying in bed etc. She fights back which is why she is out of bed, but with the type of injuries it wouldn't have taken long or been overly loud for BK to disable X. I think E slept through most of it and was just an unfortunate wrong place wrong time casualty

All IMO

So he came to call Xana, then? Supposedly - but why kill sleeping Ethan and leave another person on the same floor? And then go upstairs and kill two sleeping people there?

His motives don’t match. If he is just a murderous maniac, 5 would be more meaningful than 4. And if he was targeting someone, 2 floors turn in into overkill.

In general, a homicidal maniac would probably either hunt people at lonely places or attack lonely people at houses but not attack houses full of people. If the killer is nursing resentment with someone, we have heard nothing about prior crossing paths with them.

I was long thinking about a potential scenario. Supposedly, BK was driving to Moscow for drugs, or drugs and dating someone? In the area of the party house and frats there probably quite active business. In this situation, switching off the phone is not unlikely. I don’t know what happens, but whatever it is, it renders BK comatose for a while. BK doesn’t know the inhabitants of the house, but the other person does, and has a beef with someone there. An ideal moment - he parks the car next to the house, takes BK’s knife, enters the house, kills whoever he planned to, and maybe, KG as the side victim. Leaves the sheath. Then takes the car with very sleepy BK, drives him around for two hours till he BK up, then brings him back and says, “you made a mess there this night”, I’ll drive you home. BK doesn’t remember what happened, so he accepts the “help” of his “friend”. Next day, he reads about the murders. He tries to get in touch with his “friend”, but that one is less responsive and ultimately, disappears. BK basically has amnesia for that night. Two front seats of Elantra need to be checked for DNA, not BK’s but someone unrelated to him but known in Moscow.

This scenario is lax, but at least considers that the killer had a motive, and targets. BK doesn’t seem to have either.
IMO. Entirely plausible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member