ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 61

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the discussion about forced entry, IMO:

Most locked sliding glass doors are easy to defeat.

Put on rubber gloves to get a better grip.

Place the palms of your hands on the glass and push upwards on the side by the latch.

The door will lift up about an inch … off of the latch.
When my niece was in college she and her bestie shared a ground floor apartment with a slider that led to the patio, all ground level/parking lot level. Scared the daylights out of me and I was constantly worried about them. I told them they needed to put a pole in the bottom of the door to make sure someone couldn't just open it up. Luckily nothing ever happened, but that could have made a big difference.

I don’t think the PCA says Murphy started barking at 4:17. Just a dog. Have I lost my marbles? Maybe a dog was barking AT Kohberger while he was jetting out of there and getting in his car? JMHO
You are correct. Maybe incorrect to assume it's Murphy... Still, labradoodles are barkers. My gut says it's Murphy, but maybe I'm wrong.

Screenshot 2023-01-10 165001.jpg

Thanks for lesson on using a knife.
I had no idea.
I live in a very isolated place with no weapons because I have no weapon skill and they would just be taken from me. Easily.
But I wondered what it would be like to have those skills.
I can swear like a fishwife and so far it's served me well in terms of getting hunters off my land but it's woefully inadequate and they hate me with a vengeance.

I was examining the Kbar and trying to figure how it could possibly be used while admiring it's beauty.

What I learned from two different Marines is that you don't hold it like I thought you were supposed to (like Anthony Perkins in Psycho). So instead of having the heel of your hand against the hilt, you encircle the handle with your thumb on top of your index finger, thumb and index finger toward the hilt. And you run at the person or lunge toward them (I'm not capable of much lunging myself) A person who weighs more or has more mass has a better chance of using this method against another, but of course, muscle training and strength must surely also help.

Anyway, the marines told me that such a method conserves their energy, doesn't tire out the arm or hand and reduces chances of the knife being grabbed away. They are taught to aim at the torso/lower back (upward into the chest cavity, avoiding if possibly the rib cage or cartilage). Once I read it and watched a youtube, I could see what they meant.

I am terrible at swearing. Good for you for keeping hunters away.

MOO based on research.

So it is Johnson, WA for sure then. The reporter claims there is no Johnson, ID but there is! Sorry- hung up on that annoying detail.
How could they not know what he purchased? I understand maybe camera at checkout doesn’t allow identification of each item but wouldn’t there be video of aisle and approximate location. Aisle 5 is blank halfway down then he probably bought blank. MOO

True 'dat. Search of MSM indicated BK did regular boxing, so posted that. Post I replied to asked about kickboxing, which haven't heard about/haven't seen on MSM that BK participated/trained in, just to clarify.

MOO

MSM has him doing both. To a non-sporting person like myself, all ball sports are, well, "games with balls." (Yes I can distinguish soccer from basketball for polite conversation, but they are pretty much the same to me).

There are many forms of boxing, too (and, I bet, several forms of kickboxing). Not sure why boxing isn't considered a martial art, it looks like one to me and one of the Greats also liked to recite poetry (an art).

You are correct. Maybe incorrect to assume it's Murphy... Still, labradoodles are barkers. My gut says it's Murphy, but maybe I'm wrong.

View attachment 394448

Kaylee’s family said that Murphy wasn’t much of a barker.

(My personal theory, with nothing in particular to back it up, was that they’d probably tried to train him not to bark, since he was living in a ‘no dogs allowed’ place.)

this is why a lead pipe or metal pipe cut to size should be inserted into the free side on the bottom so that it cannot be slid open.

mOO

While no parent ever believes that their children will die in such a tragic way, I lost a young friend in a basement suite fire because the fire blocked the doorway and all the windows had burgler proof grating bolted to the outside.

I would counsel any parent to review their children's houses and apartments critically and advise them how on safety features needed and potential dangers before they sign any leases.

In my opinion, screen doors are terribly unsafe unless there is additional protection. There are inexpensive bars that you can buy to secure them but it doesn't have to be any more complicated that going to a lumber supply store and asking for a piece of 2 X 4 cut to the right length. .

"ETA [Headline/byline]:

Bryan Kohberger was eager to make friends, neighbors say — and so chatty one sometimes dodged him​

Nate Schweber and Haven Orecchio-Egresitz Jan 10, 2023, 3:06 PM

PULLMAN, Washington For residents who aren't undergrads bouncing between parties and Greek life, living in this college town can feel isolating.

So when Arun Dash, a 28-year-old engineering student at Washington State University, got a new downstairs neighbor in his Steptoe Village apartment complex in August, he understood why the stranger was eager to make friends.

Dash said Bryan Kohberger — who is now charged with brutally killing four students at the nearby University of Idaho in November — went out of his way to introduce himself and to try to make plans to hang out.

On December 30, when law-enforcement officials announced Kohberger as the man charged in the killings, the portrait of a loner — a gruff student of the criminal mind who kept to himself — began to form.

But interviews with Dash, his roommate, and others who casually knew Kohberger paint a different picture: one of a man who wasn't always introverted and could sometimes have an outgoing demeanor that left people feeling impressed or put off.

Popping in and out of Pullman coffee shops, dropping by local craft-beer establishments, and attempting to hang out with his neighbors — Kohberger didn't stand out as unhinged but rather as a sometimes chatty guy whose lengthy conversations might throw a wrench in his neighbors' days."

Bryan Kohberger was eager to make friends, neighbors say — and so chatty one sometimes dodged him

Last edited:
I think the affidavit says the food was delivered at 4:00. If he last entered neighborhood at 4:04, he must have just missed Kernodle and maybe started the attacks around the time that Kernodle was on TikTok or shortly after. It’s so chilling.
The time given for the Door Dash delivery was "approximately" 4:00 a.m. It's unlikely the driver remembered the exact time when the delivery was made.

MSM has him doing both. To a non-sporting person like myself, all ball sports are, well, "games with balls." (Yes I can distinguish soccer from basketball for polite conversation, but they are pretty much the same to me).

There are many forms of boxing, too (and, I bet, several forms of kickboxing). Not sure why boxing isn't considered a martial art, it looks like one to me and one of the Greats also liked to recite poetry (an art).
Is there a link to an MSM article saying BK also kickboxed? Couldn't find one after searching a few times, which is why I just posted the one I could find about BK boxing in high school. TIA

JMOO

View attachment 394448
Hi, SN!! You wrote in an earlier post about KG and MM being found in the same bed. I suspect the two were in bed together talking and fell asleep. Wouldn't be surprised if KG had left her dog shut up in her own empty room, so it wouldn't bother them while they were sleeping. Of course, the dog could have been in the same room with the two girls, and BK could have put the dog into KG's empty room to get the dog out of the way. So, I think KG & MM were murdered right where BK found the two that night - in the bed in MM's room, where he accidentally dropped the knife sheath.

More on my theory that BK may have used the quarry pond 3 miles south of Moscow to hide his clothes and shoes.
He must have been covered in blood after exiting the crime scene. Either he needed to strip down and bag the clothes outside the house or he needed to have the car prepped with plastic.
In either case, he must have had the evidence in the car when he departed CS at 4:20. My guess is that the car was prepped before hand and might be a reason he didn’t just go home when his initial timing was thwarted my all the late night activity in the house. No amount of cleaning would have been sufficient if he didn’t do one or the other.
If the location (Blaine) is correct for when he turned his phone on (4:48), that only leaves a 6 mile stretch to pick a hiding spot and about 15-20 minutes to accomplish the task.
When you eliminate the areas near Moscow that are more densely populated and you deduct some time from evidence dump to feeling it was safe to turn the cell back on the probable location narrows considerably.
Not withstanding the aforementioned, he undoubtably knows water would regrade the evidence most rapidly as opposed to burying it.
There is also a mini storage facility just north of the quarry pond however the website says it is equipped with video and on site manager.
I definitely agree that he prepped his car. I hope he did a crappy job of it.

Daily Mail
Daily Mail
Follow

Bryan Kohberger has no connection to Idaho victims, family lawyer says​

3h ago

Bryan Kohberger has no connection to Idaho victims, family lawyer says​

The lawyer for the family of Kaylee Goncalves says suspect Bryan Kohberger has no connection to any of the four students he is accused of murdering. Kohberger is facing the death penalty on four counts of first degree murder. He denies the charges, despite DNA from the scene matching a sample taken from his house, and says he will prove his innocence in court. While police have laid out some of their evidence against him, no motive for the killings has yet been suggested
IMO that is surprising news!

Is there a link to an MSM article saying BK also kickboxed? Couldn't find one after searching a few times, which is why I just posted the one I could find about BK boxing in high school. TIA

JMOO

I just posted the link on the last page or so. It was the NYT link:

Down in the section were CA is talking about their relationship and high school experience.

I don’t think the PCA says Murphy started barking at 4:17. Just a dog. Have I lost my marbles? Maybe a dog was barking AT Kohberger while he was jetting out of there and getting in his car? JMHO
It doesn't specify that the dog was Murphy, but it doesn't specify that the voices or whimpering followed by a loud thud came from 1122 either. I think the inference, clearly, is that these sounds all emanated from 1122.

To me, it is a pretty clear indication that the killer was "working" upstairs at 4:17.

JMHO, YMMV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member