ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 61

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
~4am - DoorDash arrival
~4am - DM awoken by Gonclaves playing with dog
4:04am - BK parks his car (surveillance camera)
4:12am - Kernodle on TikTok
4:17am - security camera picks up audio of a "whimper"/thud and a dog beginning to bark
4:20am - BK leave scene at high rate of speed (surveillance camera)

From the time of parking to leaving there is 16 minutes.

For this to make sense, BK would have gone to the 3rd floor first. DM believing she heard Gonclaves playing with her dog was likely BK committing the murders. Kernodle was still active on TikTok at 4:12, so that leads me to believe BK didn't enter her room until after that time.

4:04 to 4:12 gives him 8 minutes to walk to the house and kill the two girls upstairs.
4:12-4:20 gives him 8 minutes to kill the two on the second floor, walk back to his car and leave.

This time frame is so tight, one would have to believe that he caught them all sleeping and/or not paying attention. Any amount of physical fighting or wrestling with BK would make this timeline untenable. However, at the very least Kernodle was awake based on her TikTok timeline, her "whimpering," the thud, and her being found on the floor near the bathroom. Maybe she was nodding off and BK killing Chapin woke her and she tried to run away? And that's why BK may have said "I'm trying to help him?"

And did the same thing happen upstairs? One of the girls woke and that's why she was found on top of the other one?

The timeline of this really gets to me and I can't put my finger on why...

Few quick questions as I take a quick break from work:
1.) Is there any evidence that he broke into the house, i.e. forced entry at the sliders?
2.) Is there any evidence that he broke into MM's room?
I do not believe I’ve read any evidence supporting a forced entry. Likewise, I personally have not read anything which suggests a forced entry into MM’s bedroom.

The last I heard, it was scheduled for Thursday the 12th, at 8:00 am.

A status hearing mainly deals with scheduling, checking that discovery is proceeding the way it should, etc.

So, I think that the only likely info will be if the preliminary hearing is scheduled. That would be big news! I believe that he has a right to have the preliminary hearing start on the 19, but I’d guess that it could be postponed if his defense wanted more time.

(A preliminary is like a miniature trial, before a judge. The judge will decide whether there’s enough evidence to justify a real trial—traditionally, the defense doesn’t present a case, and the judge gives the benefit of the doubt to the prosecution.)

MOO I am not a lawyer.
I believe tomorrow is the preliminary hearing and it is the word "status" that is a bit confusing. IMO this hearing will determine if there is enough evidence to hold over for arraignment. I think we will see the detective that wrote the affidavit testify and maybe a couple of others. IDK for sure but I believe the testimony will closely follow the PCA and not much more, if any, will be revealed by the prosecution. I do not think the defense will present anything at this time to dispute or challenge what is presented but I can be wrong. Any Idaho attorneys here that can tell us for sure?

moo

And did the same thing happen upstairs? One of the girls woke and that's why she was found on top of the other one?

Bolded for clarity.

I can't keep up with all the new information being posted on this case each day. Could you please share where you found information stating that one of the girls was on top of the other one?

maybe the gag order was released because so many people had seen the affidavit before the arrest. LE in PA saw it and Bks public defendant certainly had it or else they wouldn’t be inside the crime scene on the 30th. Moo
Agree, I was just responding to the OP who stated it was unusual to gag order the family. :)

MOO she looked out a crack in her door, but did not fling it wide, which created an extra line of dark at the jamb, noticeable but not movement or a human shape to draw the eye.
And the fact that he was HELLBENT and focused on leaving at that point. Her door sits out of his direct line of sight as he made his exit. You can follow his presumed path from XK’s room to the kitchen sliders. It’s almost a U shape with the turn (to the right) and tricky step down into the small common hall area (containing closet, stairwell, and DM’s room and door) leading to the kitchen. Thankfully, she FROZE and didn’t speak either. That alone saved her. IF he’d have seen or heard her, he’d have ended her. JMOO

~4am - DoorDash arrival
4:17am - security camera picks up audio of a "whimper"/thud and a dog beginning to bark

For this to make sense, BK would have gone to the 3rd floor first. DM believing she heard Gonclaves playing with her dog was likely BK committing the murders. Kernodle was still active on TikTok at 4:12, so that leads me to believe BK didn't enter her room until after that time.

4:04 to 4:12 gives him 8 minutes to walk to the house and kill the two girls upstairs.
4:12-4:20 gives him 8 minutes to kill the two on the second floor, walk back to his car and leave.

This time frame is so tight, one would have to believe that he caught them all sleeping and/or not paying attention. Any amount of physical fighting or wrestling with BK would make this timeline untenable. However, at the very least Kernodle was awake based on her TikTok timeline, her "whimpering," the thud, and her being found on the floor near the bathroom. Maybe she was nodding off and BK killing Chapin woke her and she tried to run away? And that's why BK may have said "I'm trying to help him?"

I have read nothing implying that one of the girls was found on top of the other. All that was stated is that both Maddie and Kaylee were found in the same bed. If you have heard otherwise, could you provide a link? Thanks.

I'm not sure what Idaho uses, but in my state, the state can opt for either a grand jury to determine probable cause and hand down indictments or the prosecutor can file charges and the matter then proceeds to a preliminary hearing for the judge to determine if there is probable cause for the charges to proceed. It's one or the other in my state and mostly dependent upon the district/county attorney (prosecutor's) preference. Other states require all probable cause findings to be made by a grand jury. I'm not sure about the specific Idaho law, though.
Idaho is one of 25 states in which a prosecutor has a choice about whether to present a case to a grand jury or use a public preliminary hearing instead. In 23 other states, certain criminal cases must go before a grand jury by law.

~4am - DoorDash arrival

While your proposed timeline makes more sense to me than my own, I’m troubled that the dog’s barking started at 4:17am.

I don't believe BK has made a formal guilty or not guilty response to his charges. This will happen at the status hearing. MOO
The status hearing will determine if a preliminary hearing will be held or if Defense wants to waive the Prelim. Preliminary must be held within 14 days if they don’t waive it.

He needs to be bound over to Distract Court for arraignment and then he can enter a plea.

JMO

However, Kohberger would need to be bound over to district court first, where he would formally enter a guilty or not guilty plea, according to Idaho's criminal process.

The suspect made his first appearance before Latah County Magistrate Judge Megan Marshall, where he was advised of his rights and asked if he understood the charges against him. It's the first of at least two appearances in Marshall's courtroom before Kohberger will be allowed to enter a plea.

~4am - DoorDash arrival

How do they know she was on Tik tok? Sometimes social media shows I’m online when I’m not. I assume if her phone is left open it might show she’s active… unless she posted would they really know?

The affidavit says that video show BK's car driving around to find a place to park until 4:05. So if BK is already in the house, then someone else is in the car. BK seems very much a loner, so i assume he did this on his own. But I don't totally rule out an accomplice. But the timeline here is interesting and very tight.
This is my opinion too

There’s lots to both implicate Bk and also not enough to be evidence
There are many avenues which create speculation eg the numbers link , the frat death , the various rumours
All of this is an elaborate set up by two brains to both point it at Brian but also have a means to reduce the evidence against him
This is a criminologist playing the system and seeing what can be achieved
The person who did the stabbing was fast . Were they alone ? I’ve long doubted that

My thoughts circle and I just pray the cops have their smarts about them and this killer(s) end up rotting in jail

Bolded for clarity.

I can't keep up with all the new information being posted on this case each day. Could you please share where you found information stating that one of the girls was on top of the other one?

I have read nothing implying that one of the girls was found on top of the other. All that was stated is that both Maddie and Kaylee were found in the same bed. If you have heard otherwise, could you provide a link? Thanks.

Let me try to find it - I want to say it was Kaylee's dad? I'll update in a bit.

Bolded for clarity.

I recall that too, I'm sorry I don't remember. It was very early on, so either MPD or SG I'd guess.

I don't believe BK has made a formal guilty or not guilty response to his charges. This will happen at the status hearing. MOO

I actually believe that he doesn’t have to enter a formal plea until after the preliminary hearing—that’s when he’d be presented with the case against him. We’ll see.

MOO

maybe the gag order was released because so many people had seen the affidavit before the arrest. LE in PA saw it and Bks public defendant certainly had it or else they wouldn’t be inside the crime scene on the 30th. Moo
IMO the gag order was requested by the defense because the prosecution, LE, etc was putting so much out there that the defense wasn't and couldn't respond to. Not to respond would make it seem like the defense had something to hide. We need to remember that the defense is just starting their investigation and the prosecution has had weeks of investigation and have way more. The defense knew the prosecution wasn't going to oppose the gag order without looking like they wanted this tried in the court of public opinion.

moo

How do they know she was on Tik tok? Sometimes social media shows I’m online when I’m not. I assume if her phone is left open it might show she’s active… unless she posted would they really know?
A forensic download of Kernodle's phone is described in the affidavit.

I actually believe that he doesn’t have to enter a formal plea until after the preliminary hearing—that’s when he’d be presented with the case against him. We’ll see.

MOO
Some one here has posted knowledge of Idaho procedure. Apparently there are three options. Not sure what the ramifications of them are. He looks to have excellent representation so we have to wait and see what course is decided on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl