ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 61

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks I found the thread where it’s first talked about. Tons of info in that affidavit. I had to read it a few times and cross reference some other stuff to finally figure out where all roommates were sleeping and where everyone was located.

I’ll probably just point out some things that stood out to me. Fascinating case.

Thank you for joining and getting verified. There are going to be so many legal questions. And so much more evidence, IMO, given at the Preliminary Hearing on the 19th (if they don't push it to later).

One thing we're all waiting to see is if BK and his defense are going to try and get a speedy trial or instead, keep pushing to have timelines extended. I'm guessing the latter, but part of me thinks that BK wants to be in the driver's seat for all this, so who knows what he will insist upon. He's the time that might want to act as his own attorney.

Can someone who wants to act as their own attorney in fact act as "co-counsel" in their own trial? I have no idea and I'm guessing it's about as rare as hen's teeth.

Daily Mail
Daily Mail
Follow

Bryan Kohberger has no connection to Idaho victims, family lawyer says​

3h ago

The lawyer for the family of Kaylee Goncalves says suspect Bryan Kohberger has no connection to any of the four students he is accused of murdering. Kohberger is facing the death penalty on four counts of first degree murder. He denies the charges, despite DNA from the scene matching a sample taken from his house, and says he will prove his innocence in court. While police have laid out some of their evidence against him, no motive for the killings has yet been suggested
So it's the Daily Mail which I always take with a mine worth of salt, but I assume the lawyer actually said this because he's quoted. My question is - why is he speaking for the other three families now? Last I checked, he was the lawyer for the Goncalves family, not the Mogen's, Chapin's or Kernodle's. Can the lawyer maybe just stick to details about the family he represents?

If I were one of the other families, I might be irked that he's speaking on my child's behalf. Granted, it's almost certain that BK had no connection to any of them, but let the other families speak for themselves. Note this post is only about the lawyer and nobody else.

If he did go to Johnson, ID, he was about an 1.5 hours from the Dworshak Reservoir which is max 630’ deep. His cell when dead for ~3 hours when he was, according to PCA, Johnson, ID. He could have ditched the knife off the Dent Bridge (TOTAL SPECULATION!)

His old friend Bree said they had a love of the outdoors and another friend said that BK loved to hike

Thanks I found the thread where it’s first talked about. Tons of info in that affidavit. I had to read it a few times and cross reference some other stuff to finally figure out where all roommates were sleeping and where everyone was located.

I’ll probably just point out some things that stood out to me. Fascinating case.

or try

Thank you for joining and getting verified. There are going to be so many legal questions. And so much more evidence, IMO, given at the Preliminary Hearing on the 19th (if they don't push it to later).

One thing we're all waiting to see is if BK and his defense are going to try and get a speedy trial or instead, keep pushing to have timelines extended. I'm guessing the latter, but part of me thinks that BK wants to be in the driver's seat for all this, so who knows what he will insist upon. He's the time that might want to act as his own attorney.

Can someone who wants to act as their own attorney in fact act as "co-counsel" in their own trial? I have no idea and I'm guessing it's about as rare as hen's teeth.
It really depends on the judge and jurisdiction. But if he’s not a lawyer he can’t act as co-counsel in any event. Major decisions are up to him though.

So it's the Daily Mail which I always take with a mine worth of salt, but I assume the lawyer actually said this because he's quoted. My question is - why is he speaking for the other three families now? Last I checked, he was the lawyer for the Goncalves family, not the Mogen's, Chapin's or Kernodle's. Can the lawyer maybe just stick to details about the family he represents?

If I were one of the other families, I might be irked that he's speaking on my child's behalf. Granted, it's almost certain that BK had no connection to any of them, but let the other families speak for themselves. Note this post is only about the lawyer and nobody else.
The lawyer won't have access to any of BK's digital footprint either. They should have stated no known relationship to KG and left it at that.

isn't it time for the gag order to be modified to include people like him?

MOO I thought that BK resembled the star of that show. Sure BK noticed it too.

isn't it time for the gag order to be modified to include people like him?
I have no issue with the lawyer for a family advocating on their clients behalf, but there are other victims and their families should be able to speak on their own behalf. Just talk about Kaylee and her family who you represent.

Daily Mail
Daily Mail
Follow

3h ago

The lawyer for the family of Kaylee Goncalves says suspect Bryan Kohberger has no connection to any of the four students he is accused of murdering. Kohberger is facing the death penalty on four counts of first degree murder. He denies the charges, despite DNA from the scene matching a sample taken from his house, and says he will prove his innocence in court. While police have laid out some of their evidence against him, no motive for the killings has yet been suggested
I'm guessing SG's attorney made it clear to him that his statement about finding connections between KG and the murderer would only help the defense.

Someone asked on the last thread about whose DNA was found on the sheath.

It was Bryan's DNA (to which they now have an exact match, no doubt, as he was tested in PA).

They also knew to whom the white Elantra really belonged, although it likely took them a while to figure out the numbers on the new plate. I believe they had that car on camera by about Day 2-3 of the investigation, as they went around and gathered neighborhood camera evidence.

So they had his name and his DNA, but that's not enough to arrest someone. So they followed him to PA (not sure if they went through the parents' garbage while the two men were on the road or at some other time as obviously, by then, they knew his parents' address).

They basically did a paternity test on him. They took his DNA and compared it to his father's DNA. And of course, Dad's DNA showed that he was the parent of Bryan. So that confirmed that the sheath DNA was highly likely (99.9998%) to be Bryan's and he was arrested.

Now LE has his actual DNA for a full match.

As I understand it anyway. IMO.
Helpful. Thank you. I had also wondered if one or several of the cameras captured either part of the license plate or the full license plate. Either way, I'm impressed with the work that the MPD did themselves as well as the work they did in collaboration w ID and PA State Police and the FBI. MOO

From Walela in the last thread: "
Does a true dedicated vegan carry, wear or use leather? IMO, the sheath was left as a possible "couldn't have been me because I wouldn't use anything leather".

jmo"

Answer: It depends. If they are vegan because they love animals, then no; they wouldn't carry a leather sheath. I don't think he's a vegan because of ethics. Based upon the tapatalk posts that he allegedly wrote, I think that he thinks a vegan diet helps his VS. Because of this, it's possible he killed animals before moving on to people.

I looked up the knife and it's good for stabbing as well as slashing. Based upon the coroner's comments (?) and Mr. Goncalves, I think Kaylee and maybe others were slashed. Unless it's the throat area, I don't think slashing is probably very common in murders (could be completely wrong), but stabbing is. He could have practiced on animals to use the knife the way he fantasized about killing.

I have thought about the idea that he practiced killing animals a lot lately and perhaps I'm just as idealistic as others but I have read many times that science and forensic scientists use pig carcasses for studies and if he was practicing his knife skills, it really would be safer to practice on a pig carcass, which can easily be ordered from most butcher shops without attracting attention or causing anyone to be arrrested before he executed his plan.

If he actually killed another person, I would look at the homeless population or sex trade.

Please do point out anything that stood out, would love to hear!

I'm not in favor of expanding gag orders. The Goncalves family and their lawyer should have the right to speak. This is a lawyer hired by victims, which is unusual, but not unheard of.

The issue of expanding it has become topical in the last few days because too many ' LE sources ' have made their way into the media
( the neighbours' trash bins stories, the glove-wearing in supermarkets, the ' Idaho lawmen' source at the weekend)

Daily Mail
Daily Mail
Follow

3h ago

I find that vague and maybe on purpose. No personal connection, no digital (social media following) connection and no stalking connection?

Either way, will be interesting to find out. Even if no connection found, it's not the first time random people were killed. I feel so bad for SG.

How do you know he hasn't spoken to the other families and gotten similar info from them?

I know that they are considered a legitimate source but I don't consider them reputable nor overly concerned with ethics so I take everything from DM with a huge grain of salt.

Helpful. Thank you. I had also wondered if one or several of the cameras captured either part of the license plate or the full license plate. Either way, I'm impressed with the work that the MPD did themselves as well as the work they did in collaboration w ID and PA State Police and the FBI. MOO

I wonder about that too. I figure one of the first things LE did was to look at parking registration at both WSU and U of ID, since that would be easy. BK had to have a permit to park at his student housing. I also learned that in order for him to qualify for continued tuition reduction he had to go about the process of becoming a WA state resident (re-register his car, get a new DL, file taxes in that state, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
liiinebecc