ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 62

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's why he was charged with burglary.

Thanks for the full and complete details of the burglary charge. Just as I presumed. For the commission of murder.

Do you know or recall if he has been charged with “premeditated” murder?

JMOO

Last edited:
I had a neighbour do this to me which is how I found out he'd committed a crime simply by pushing the door open to let himself in!
Sorry to read about the trouble you incurred with your neighbor. With LE it’s tricky. If a door is unlocked and they have probable cause, they may enter the premises sans a warrant. JMOO

I noticed this last night and wanted to share, not to place suspicion at all or to suggest anything other than to point out how strange this was to me and maybe this was already mentioned. But the guy who gave KG and MM a ride home from food truck lived 1200 feet from BK in Pullman. In the past, he drove XK, KG and MM “multiple times”. Most interesting, he is quoted in the article saying that people in Pullman often go to Moscow because “the shopping options are better”. Which is exactly what BK reportedly said when asked by LE why he went to ID.

Thank for the full and complete details of the burglary charge. Just as I presumed. For the commission of murder.

JMOO
Doesn't first degree murder include premeditation? BK has been charged with 4 counts of first degree murder AFAIK. Plus other charges I cannot recall atm.

What would prove or be considered premeditation in this case? IMHO his "survey" should be evidence.

Thank for the full and complete details of the burglary charge. Just as I presumed. For the commission of murder.

JMOO
First degree murder, four counts. I'm not sure if Idaho needs premeditation for first degree.
Kohberger faces four counts of first-degree murder and felony burglary for his alleged involvement in the murders, said Latah County, Idaho, prosecutor Bill Thompson during a news conference after his arrest.

I noticed this last night and wanted to share, not to place suspicion at all or to suggest anything other than to point out how strange this was to me and maybe this was already mentioned. But the guy who gave KG and MM a ride home from food truck lived 1200 feet from BK in Pullman. In the past, he drove XK, KG and MM “multiple times”. Most interesting, he is quoted in the article saying that people in Pullman often go to Moscow because “the shopping options are better”. Which is exactly what BK reportedly said when asked by LE why he went to ID.

Incredible insight with that tidbit! And believing there is NO such thing as a coincidence…JMOO

First degree murder, four counts. I'm not sure if Idaho needs premeditation for first degree.

Thank you. Four counts all FD. If he is found guilty-he will never see the light of day as a free man again. Is there a Death penalty option in Idaho?

Just on this, maybe I am being nitpicky but would he even have a front plate to replace as PA law doesn't require a front plate for car rego (as was investgated in the PCA). Or does that just mean that he would have been issued with 2 plates (front and back) but only required to exhibit the back one. If that's the case, then I agree with you, why not stick the front plate back on ASAP post murders.
Good question. I dont know if PA issues 2 plates, in case you want to do that. I'm in CA and only have one on the back- when I re register every 2 yrs, they just mail me tags I have to affix on the license plate. They only mail 1 tag.

Moi aussi!! A white Elantra? JMOO
When you look at the king rd residence on google maps, there are a ton of white sedans parked at neighboring homes. When I think of the footage captured by Fox News digital the day of the murder, with a white sedan driving on the road behind the home (I believe would be Queen Rd headed to Walenta Dr) I can’t help think that the roads of the residence and that close to it would have likely been closed to anyone other than people who live in the neighboring homes. Can’t imagine LE letting random traffic go through in the hours immediately following their own arrival.

I'm glad you included the dates because I can never remember them. So, if he went to the vocational program as a sophomore, he would definitely have to be in school for classes for half a day. Maybe he lost interest and dropped out of the vocational program or wasn't passing. Or maybe he only attended for a year instead of two.

I'm more familiar with the vo-tech program in NY (BOCES) but I live in the Poconos and have heard the program is comparable.

There are four school districts in Monroe County and the Vocational school he would have gone to is Monroe Career and Tech Institute, if you want to go to their website for more information.

So there were three years between high school and Community College. Could he have been working and saving money to pay for college? I'm pretty sure he went to rehab when he was still in school and it likely would have been for under a year.

I think he probably lived at home during those three years and possibly while he was attending Community College.
I did look at the vocational school site, thank you.
I bet he did live at home while he worked as an informal guard at the Pleasant Valley school. How tedious that must have been. Hard to fathom.

This is the applicable part of Idaho's statute's for first degree murder.

CHAPTER 40
HOMICIDE

18-4003. Degrees of murder. (a) All murder which is perpetrated by means of poison, or lying in wait, or torture, when torture is inflicted with the intent to cause suffering, to execute vengeance, to extort something from the victim, or to satisfy some sadistic inclination, or which is perpetrated by any kind of willful, deliberate and premeditated killing is murder of the first degree.
Premeditation is listed. JMO.

Doesn't first degree murder include premeditation? BK has been charged with 4 counts of first degree murder AFAIK. Plus other charges I cannot recall atm.

What would prove or be considered premeditation in this case? IMHO his "survey" should be evidence.
That “survey” is a powerful piece of evidence. Also, the phone records reflecting those dozen or more visits to the house prior to the homicides.

Yes, first degree includes “premeditated and deliberate” murder. So far, the charges fit the crime. JMOO

Just to say "because the shopping options are better" isn't presented as a quote in the article you attached. Just a rephrase by the writer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mechahendrix