ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 62

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know that this is a particularly strange trajectory. It seems to fit together to me. If he was doing heroin in high school he may have been struggling academically and moved to a vocational track. That makes sense. We don't know if he did rehab, I don't think anyone has said for sure he did. Some have mentioned it in the context of if he had he may have been diagnosed with an abuse mental disorder, which would be an interesting detail.
As far as zipping through degrees fo all we know he took four or five years to do a two year associates. The school he got his BS and MS or MA from is not a particularly difficult school. And "honors" can be 3.5. I know plenty of people who did drugs in HS and did very badly, and then did extremely well in undergrad and grad. That he would cast about for some discipline and camaraderie considering military is very common.

The only thing that stands out with this guy as out there and highly unusual are that he was doing heroin in high school, which is a level above say smoking dope, even every day. And the text attributed to him, which is roughly 50% normal teenage angst and 50% something else.

Just on the bolded ^

Pizza shop co-worker who now does some work with addicts 'I know he was in and out of rehab a couple of times, but he really did, he cleaned up and was going to college all these years' Idaho murders: Bryan Kohberger's former friend speaks out on social behavior, alleged drug use

you '..... if he had he may have been diagnosed with an abuse mental disorder, which would be an interesting detail.' Very interesting point

They will rake the two survivors over the coals regarding the house not having window coverings and the doors not being secure. It is going to be BRUTAL if and when it comes to trial.
wouldn't that be an own goal for the Defense?

They'd surely alienate the jury by blaming two survivor-victims for the other victims not having window coverings

Thank you. I know only one is required. I am just wondering if drivers with PA registered vehicles are mailed two plates so they have the option. It's not a question of opinion, but fact or not fact IMO. I'll get around to trying to find out at some point, but I don't live US and thought someone, especially drivers with PA registered vehicles may be ablt to answer.
I just edited my post. Only one license plate is issued in PA. Commercial vehicles and State operated vehicles require front plates. I have never been issued two plates. I didn't receive my license plate in the mail, they gave it to me at motor vehicle.

AFAIK, it depends on the state, and in some states the DNA taken can be expunged. Glad you looking into it.

View attachment 394820For example, in Utah, arrestee DNA is automatically expunged if criminal charges are not filed within 90 days of booking.

Yes. I was trying to find the Legislation in each State because a previous poster thought Idaho and PA didn't allow DNA into evidence. What I have found so far is all 50 States accept DNA in Courtrooms, but the differences seem to concern legislation regarding:

Who? can take the DNA samples. (LE? A Court Ordered Lab? Med Facility?)

Why? Only Felonies? Violent Crimes? Any Arrest? Minors?

When? the DNA can can be taken. (Upon arrest? Only after Charged?, only after Conviction?)
Are there deadlines or cut off dates for testing?

There are, of course, more considerations, I can't remember them off the top of my head at the moment.

DNA can also free the innocent. Can the DNA records be destroyed if found innocent? (Yes, with a court order and/or paperwork.)

All important things to think about.

Last edited:
I think I posted this wrong, but doesn't it seem awfully young to be so self-aware of your psychopathy? IMO
I can easily imagine that he had access to psych study materials or engaged in conversations about behaviors or conditions. At the same time, he may have begun misdiagnosing himself. JMO

Wonder if he intentionally scheduled the doctor’s appt ahead of time so as not to seem suspicious - perhaps anticipating he may incur a few bruises/cuts and could have them looked at.

If he scheduled the appointment ahead of time, my guess would be to have a record of NOT having any injuries to his hands elsewhere. IMO, maybe he was planning to kill quickly and decisively--giving no victim a chance to right back--but he knew a lack of injuries would work in his favor later.

All JMOO

The thing is BKs DNA was found on an item BK owned (presuming the sheath is BKs). If BKs DNA had been found elsewhere within the home on say, bedding/towels/victims clothing etc, much harder to explain how the DNA got there.

It could be argued that the knife sheath was planted or had been left behind from a previous visit. If the item found at the scene had been something erroneous like a vape or a lighter then I could see arguing the point but at the end of the day... I think BK is guilty.

Whether all 12 jury members will agree with each other, I am not so sure.

I was thinking the same thing. If he could establish that he was there prior to the murders, he might claim he saw the knife--looked at it, etc.

Maybe that's why his statement to LE when arrested about whether others were arrested. Maybe he is planning on showing he was there earlier in the day and others were there, too.

Of course, that begs the question of why he didn't come forward sooner and tell LE he'd been there before the murders.

Can’t see that being relevant to defense of BK on charges of four counts of murder. His DNA on sheath places him at crime scene at time of murders.

It could be suggested that the presence of the college friends might have added to contamination of the crime scene? Speculation on if anything was moved or removed from the house or other intrusive movements? Seems to me a good defense attorney would pursue this issue and try to get as much evidence as possible thrown out.

That “survey” is a powerful piece of evidence. Also, the phone records reflecting those dozen or more visits to the house prior to the homicides.

Yes, first degree includes “premeditated and deliberate” murder. So far, the charges fit the crime. JMOO

IMO, I honestly don't think the survey amounts to a hill of beans. He was studying the psychology of criminals, so it's to be expected that he do some sort of project for his class.

If it's determined the survey was completely extracurricular then maybe it matters, but I read it several times, and it doesn't seem to be out of the ordinary, given his line of study.

All MOO

I just edited my post. Only one license plate is issued in PA. Commercial vehicles and State operated vehicles require front plates. I have never been issued two plates. I didn't receive my license plate in the mail, they gave it to me at motor vehicle.
Thanks so much. That answers my question. I was trying to figure out if BK could have thrown a front plate on his car (a spare PA plate) when he got back to Pullman on the morning of 13th November and I now believe that this option was not available to him, given his car is standard passenger vehicle. Thanks again

For real... what is this receptionist thinking? Just as he was caught on video, she will be also. Her establishment will likely pull tapes from his visit that day and identify/punish her.

These stories are too tempting for some people--they simply have to get in on the action. I'm skeptical of all of them. Because someone who thinks they have real information will go to LE, not to the tabloids.

I want to know what his plans were.
he's had the ultimate head screw, he played God, took lives..
And you know, he could just as easily have thrown an incendiary device in that house, that night had his only desire been death and destruction and fast.
Or a gun.
Or CHON
He chose a knife and his hands on this occasion, allegedly.
What comes after a knife and what, if anything preceded it?

"...what, if anything preceded it?"

I keep going back to that. The very personal way in which the students were killed indicates to me (IMO) that it wasn't a first kill. I've never heard of a mass killer or a serial killer starting with something on that grand of a scale.

All MOO

I'm not sure what to think here. It says "search warrant served"-on who? Is this a legal search?
Thoughts
A search warrant is served on property.

"...what, if anything preceded it?"

I keep going back to that. The very personal way in which the students were killed indicates to me (IMO) that it wasn't a first kill. I've never heard of a mass killer or a serial killer starting with something on that grand of a scale.
I absolutely agree. I hope LE in other jurisdictions are looking through their unsolved cases. In particular the young couple and older lady stabbed / murdered in the night, 3AM. What’s up with that time??? Dates, address #’s. I pray lE is looking back through these deaths.!

Reactions: GRT
With the same caveats (TIA), it was said early on that Ethan and his brother had plans that morning (links to articles on MSM in the first few days have been deleted), so IMOO, I wonder if Ethan's brother showed up late morning on Sunday to meet with his brother and do the thing they had maybe scheduled to do together, and after he tried knocking on the door of his brother Ethan's girlfriend Xana's house, and called and/or texted him and there was no response, he maybe banged on the door(s) and then realized the gravity of the situation. JMOO

According to a neighbor knocking wouldn't be necessary as the door was wide open at 8:30 AM.

snipped

The neighbor told Fox News this week that the front door — which opens to the level where two other roommates were unharmed — was wide open around 8:30 a.m. on Nov. 13.

Of course! To think otherwise would be to say that a woman who dresses in a certain way is fair game for any passing rapist. They could have left their doors and windows wide open 24 hours a day, and it wouldn't have excused him for what he did.
IMO Reminds me of the saying that locks only keep out honest people. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member