ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 62

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just on the bolded ^

Pizza shop co-worker who now does some work with addicts 'I know he was in and out of rehab a couple of times, but he really did, he cleaned up and was going to college all these years' Idaho murders: Bryan Kohberger's former friend speaks out on social behavior, alleged drug use

you '..... if he had he may have been diagnosed with an abuse mental disorder, which would be an interesting detail.' Very interesting point
So he was using when he was 17 or 18, according to that guy, in 2013, while working a stint at a pizza place. His senior year. He just wanted to be liked, an average guy, he says.
Self medicating.IMO

Yes, I think Kohberger shares many, many traits and motives of mass school shooters. Where he diverges is that this mass killing was not the end for him. It was not a final act, a public blaze of glory. He wanted to send the same message, but did not want the same ending. He wanted to send his message AND continue his life as normal.

I think that's why, instead of shooting up campus in the light of day, he chose a soft target and committed the crime under cover of darkness. That way his message to society is delivered but he suffers no consequence. That's the goal anyway. I'm sure he knew there was a chance of failure. He's not stupid. But I think he erred either in overestimating himself or underestimating law enforcement. Or both.

I think he obviously would have preferred the attention and media coverage while remaining anonymous rather than sitting in a jail cell, but the chips didn't fall that way. My opinion only.

Agreed plus most of the bona fide experts in this area already warned that there just isn't enough research on mass shooters to be able to definitively say that eg ' X is the typical/ atypical of mass shooters. '

( have seen a few posts which say that because mass shootings often ended in suicide by cop, that it follows that BK also wanted to be caught, cause he is in some ways typical of a mass shooter. )

I have a MA in criminology. It is more sociology based than science. I wouldn't have the foggiest about how routers work. I also wouldn't have the foggiest about the science of forensics beyond the basics. The MA in criminology is more about the behaviours and social aspect of criminals and CJS.

Sorry this was meant to quote a post

A search warrant is served on property.
Does served in this context mean the same as executed then? ie LE arrived at BK's appartment with the warrant and beagn searching his appartment/entered his appartment at which point the warrant is served/being served as opposed to executed/being exicuted? Just seeking clarity.

So he was using when he was 17 or 18, according to that guy, in 2013, while working a stint at a pizza place. His senior year. He just wanted to be liked, an average guy, he says.
Self medicating.IMO
and notice he was asked about inappropriate behaviour around women and Pasqua replied ( to Lawrence Fox) that he'd not seen any of that.

BK was born Nov 94.

PS. Apparently there's another interview out there where Pasqua answers other questions, more of an AMA, but I haven't found it yet, just heard people discuss it

Last edited:
XK ordered Jack in the Box, the closest one is 18 minutes away one way. So it was very very likely by car.
IMO I’d like to know if the food delivery driver saw the white Elantra lurking around the area when dropping off the food? I also wonder if the delivery driver had a dash cam by any chance? Another foreigner question…..are dash cams common in Idaho. I live in an outer suburb of a capital city in another country & whilst it seems every second car on the road has one here, in rural areas, I doubt they’d be as common. MOO

A search warrant is served on property.
I recall when I first saw this news article on 12/30, I almost expected the apartment to be vacant. I still wonder if BK left much behind. Some part of him had to wonder if he'd ever unlock that door again. Well, we know that didn't happen and it won't ever happen!

I did look at the vocational school site, thank you.
I bet he did live at home while he worked as an informal guard at the Pleasant Valley school. How tedious that must have been. Hard to fathom.
Also would be interesting to find out if he lived at home while he studied at Northampton and when he later studied at DeSales. ( Both are commutable distances)

ETA- I don't mean DeSales 2020-22 because we already heard he was online for that Masters. ( I meant 2016(?) to 2020 because I was wondering if, prior to WSU, if he'd had little experience of being on campus, mixing in person with students before becoming a TA! )

Last edited:
One of the alleged posts (all deleted now) by the FB poster 'pappa Rodger' was allegedly a cryptic statement that implied the killer was unable to 'perform' or something like that implying impotency of the killer and then inviting thoughts. Just food for thought. would that possibly account for some of the rage if it were true IMO (really don't know, this is not an area a woman would have instinctive knowledge of and I have not read up much on this either).

I'm glad you included the dates because I can never remember them. So, if he went to the vocational program as a sophomore, he would definitely have to be in school for classes for half a day. Maybe he lost interest and dropped out of the vocational program or wasn't passing. Or maybe he only attended for a year instead of two.

I'm more familiar with the vo-tech program in NY (BOCES) but I live in the Poconos and have heard the program is comparable.

There are four school districts in Monroe County and the Vocational school he would have gone to is Monroe Career and Tech Institute, if you want to go to their website for more information.

So there were three years between high school and Community College. Could he have been working and saving money to pay for college? I'm pretty sure he went to rehab when he was still in school and it likely would have been for under a year.

I think he probably lived at home during those three years and possibly while he was attending Community College.

sorry, was reading the thread backwards, so only just seen this
Yes it was Monroe Career & Technical Institute, it was in one of the earliest links after his arrest

I have. Is it possible that his family is Catholic? It's a private Catholic-based school. Maybe he wanted to study under the famed criminal psychologist K. Ramsland, or graduate with a smaller DTI ratio.

His teacher had him for online classes, no close connection. He made good grades and seemed intelligent. I'd also be shocked and in disbelief, but if they came from across the country to get him, I'd "get" it.

“He seemed normal to me, but then again, I only knew him from teaching him online. I didn’t know anything personal about him. I believe he worked full time like most of our graduate students do,” she added.
I was interested in the same thing but when you visit the DeSales website, it's pretty clear that they take all students regardless of faith/ no faith.
IDK much about the family but am guessing choice was based on location & course availability. (Looking at the map, re distance from his home to the campus)

Colleges and universities are not exempt from HIPPA. They are responsible to follow both HIPPA and FERPA federal regulations. FERPA covers personal student informatiton related to academic grades, academic standing, email addresses, phone numbers, social security numbers, address, car/parking informaton, anything about the student's personal and academic information. HIPPA covers anything medical or counseling treatment from the student health center or student counseling center, or office of disabilities, or university medical center (if the university has a hospita/medical center). Staff who work at universities take annual training on FERPA and if they are involved in health or counseling centers or university medical centers/hospitals then they also take annual training on HIPPA.

Violations of FERPA or HIPPA could result in a lawsuit by the student, and even if no lawsuit, if complaints are made then they have to be reported and are taken into consideration by accreditating agencies and national medical center annual reviews.

ETA: Both faculty and staff take annual FERPA training, and staff and faculty who are engaged in medical or psychological clinical work or research also take annual HIPPA training.
"Generally, public schools, colleges, and other educational institutions that provide medical services for students and staff (as a work benefit) are not considered to be Covered Entities under HIPAA. This is because medical treatments provided to students are classified as educational records and protected by FERPA, while medical services provided for staff are non-portable benefits."

I noticed this last night and wanted to share, not to place suspicion at all or to suggest anything other than to point out how strange this was to me and maybe this was already mentioned. But the guy who gave KG and MM a ride home from food truck lived 1200 feet from BK in Pullman. In the past, he drove XK, KG and MM “multiple times”. Most interesting, he is quoted in the article saying that people in Pullman often go to Moscow because “the shopping options are better”. Which is exactly what BK reportedly said when asked by LE why he went to ID.

I can't recall whether it's in that link but remember somebody pointing out that Moscow had 24 hr supermarket. BK is bound to use that excuse for some of his pre-crime visits to the area, if this case actually gets to trial.

Last edited:
BCK should file a HIPAA violation lawsuit and use the money he collects (they are insured for these mistakes) to pay for his defense. Talking to a reporter is about the worst thing a person can do. MOO

I totally agree the employee and clinic should be reported. They will pay a steep fine to the federal government.

Unfortunately though; an individual cannot seek monetary rewards for the HIPAA violation itself:

“Can a patient sue for a HIPAA violation? There is no private cause of action in HIPAA, so it is not possible for a patient to sue for a HIPAA violation. Even if HIPAA Rules have clearly been violated by a healthcare provider, and harm has been suffered as a direct result, it is not possible for patients to seek damages, at least not for the violation of HIPAA Rules.”

Not to say that there might be other legal recourse. IMO

One of the alleged posts (all deleted now) by the FB poster 'pappa Rodger' was allegedly a cryptic statement that implied the killer was unable to 'perform' or something like that implying impotency of the killer and then inviting thoughts. Just food for thought. would that possibly account for some of the rage if it were true IMO (really don't know, this is not an area a woman would have instinctive knowledge of and I have not read up much on this either).
I can’t picture somebody who’s been so warped by their sexual dysfunction that they’re willing to do something like this, broadcasting it on Facebook?

These stories are too tempting for some people--they simply have to get in on the action. I'm skeptical of all of them. Because someone who thinks they have real information will go to LE, not to the tabloids.
Have to say that I feel sceptical about this CBS interview too but that's probably because all the WSU class students have said he clammed up whenever the case was mentioned, so I'm probably biased

This link, Jan 11th, an ' exclusive' with CBS has BK initiating conversation about the murders. If I was a CBS reporter and got a scoop like that, I'd want to extract more than a couple of sentences out of her/him!

A neighbor of Bryan Kohberger's in Pullman, Washington, said the suspect in the murder of four University of Idaho students spoke to him about the killings days after they occurred. The neighbor asked not to be identified.

He brought it up in conversation," the neighbor exclusively told CBS News on Wednesday. "[He] asked if I had heard about the murders, which I did. And then he said, 'Yeah, seems like they have no leads. Seems like it was a crime of passion.'"

"At the time of our conversation, it was only a few days after it happened so there wasn't much details out," the neighbor added.
(OTOH, if this convo happened, sounds like he was using the mayor's words to deflect onto a boyfriend of one of the victims)

ETA : see cindizzi's post around page 13 of the thread. CBS got this student on tape.

Last edited:
(As a precursor, I’ve ran/owned a healthcare facility for 20+ years)

No, it is not a HIPAA violation to call a pt name in the waiting room. It is protected as an incidental disclosure, pursuant to the carrying out of clinic practices. (Also making the assumption that the pt has filled out the HIPAA health information release paperwork that every healthcare facility uses in todays world)

It WOULD BE a violation if an employee said in the waiting room (for example), “Mr BK, we are ready to see you for your appoIntment today to evaluate your Erectile Dysfunction” …….(hypothetically speaking of course).

It is also a violation for any employee of a healthcare facility to have disclosed that BK was a patient.

An investigation will be done and that employee who spoke to the press will be fired…… and correctly so.

[End of HIPAA rant, back to our regularly scheduled broadcast……. Errrrrr posts]
I agree. I work in healthcare and cringed when I read that story. She will be easily identifiable and is probably already terminated. I wonder if she sold her story and made enough $ that she didn’t care. Or, of course, it could be untrue.

Re topic of whether LE was onto BK as prime suspect early on in the investigation ( He's en route back to PA with his Dad on the 13th)

Had forgotten about this incident

'Dec. 20, 2022: The search for vehicle of interest​

Investigators speak to an owner of a Hyundai Elantra located in Eugene, Oregon. The vehicle was involved in a collision and was impounded. The owner is believed to not have any connection to Moscow, Idaho.'

From CBS's timeline

would they have even bothered to check out the Oregon car?

Ditto, this action below, IF true:
'

' Dec. 26-29, 2022: Reports of FBI involvement​

It is reported that an FBI team surveils Adam, the man whom two of the victims discussed the night they were murdered, for a few days.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Owlsorflowers