ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 63

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree it must be a violation ...especially because I am now asking myself "what 28 year old has medical appointments on a quarterly basis?"
I don’t find this odd in the slightest. I’m 34 and have had regular doctors visits since my early 20s due to migraines and cluster headaches. I’m on regular preventative and acute medication and see my doctor regularly for check ups, medication adjustments and prescriptions.

People with chronic illness are often the best at hiding it and pushing through as it’s that or give up.

My personal view based on my own experience.

Thanks. If somebody had significant info, I understand, but I've been so puzzled about all of these people contacting LE who didn't have, as far as I can tell, heavy relevant and important info about BK.

Seems like those 15 minutes of fame matter to a lot of people, which really is sad.
You dont think its relevant to motive?

What some are supposing may be a bruise might not be a bruise at all but if it is a bruise, he may have come by it legitimately while exercising. As he is allowed 1 hr per day to use a pull-up bar and a dip bar. I'm presuming the dip bar is exercise equipment and not something with ranch and blue cheese along side baby carrots, celery and broccoli. moo

"Kohberger will reportedly have access to a library that has a selection of books as well as a pull-up bar and a dip bar, and a small rec yard, all of which are constantly monitored. Inmates are allowed an hour a day in either or a combination of both...." Inside Idaho suspect's Latah County jail cell

"Twenty-one inmates, including accused killer Bryan Kohberger, were housed in the Latah County Jail as of Friday afternoon. Kohberger is in his own cell..." Kohberger housed in small jail with mix of alleged criminals
What is a dip bar? now I’m hungry for wings and bleu cheese.

No, it is not. At least it wasn't when I was working medical office/hospital. I have a degree in HIM.
Can you please site your source? Is this new within the last few years with AHIMA?

Quote: "
Is it a HIPAA violation to say someone is your patient?
What HIPAA says: Location and general health status (i.e., directory information) can be disclosed if the requester identifies the patient by name unless the patient has objected to such disclosures."

I’m interested to read more— can you please share the link that quote came from? Thanks!

I’m a healthcare worker and I think releasing information that tells the entire world that someone is a patient of yours is a violation of HIPAA. She wasn’t responding to a single person or direct inquiry. She went to the media with that information and broadcast it to everyone.
I posted a few links in this thread that addresses that. This is not about releasing medical information.

Purely IMO but for her 15 minutes of fame. Sad. All she can say is he was bullied almost 20 years ago. If she’s had no contact in 20 years I see no relevance really.
Probably but honestly, sixth grade love interest? FFS. I just don’t really see the relevance. He liked her and she wasn’t interested. They were 11…

Seems like someone just wants their 10 minutes of fame.

JMO - I think such information is extremely relevant to investigators, prosecutors, defense, any parent, teacher, child, and society in general. Bullying is abuse, can be severe, and it happens often during a time when the brain and our entire psyche is still being formed.
(Edit: to add quote and clarify wording.)

Last edited:
I suspect people with really important information would not contact the press and be dragged into this swamp, but would contact LE directly and discretely.
Am I the only one who would be hesitant to be known as an acquaintance of a murderer? Suppose he’s acquitted and doesn’t like what has been said about him? There could be copycats out there as well. JMO

Issue -> Med. Ofc. Receptionist Talking to REPORTER re NAMED Patient
'Calling Out Pt. Names' <-Irrelevant, but FWIW, see link below re HIPPA

Post by @Chrissymick in last thread:
"Only if there is a purpose that generally aids the patient. And even then there must be reasonable safeguards. This site lays out the issue quite well, hopefully ending the debate here: HIPAA Waiting Rooms."
==================================================

Welcome to Websleuths @Chrissymick
Thank you for posting link re HIPAA’s application to Calling Patient Names in Waiting Room, to summon them to exam room, treatment room, etc. Informative.

Yes, hope this ends the Calling Out Pt. Name Debate, but not holding my breath.

‘Calling out pt. names’ is irrelevant re BCK. It's not how info was obtained for "Insider" article featuring quotes from a medical office receptionist who told a reporter about her convo w a named patient, BCK, her convo w her boss about BCK, and her observation about BCK’s behavior & demeanor. Also per article she “declined to give her name because discussing the interaction might violate medical-privacy laws."
Waaay more than ‘calling out pt. name’ in waiting room.

Let's not get the thread closed down, ladies & gents. It would suck not to be able to discuss.

I personally didn't see before the news article I last linked, that they have evidence Bryan staked out the home and visited it multiple times. Must've missed that somewhere.

Purely IMO but for her 15 minutes of fame. Sad. All she can say is he was bullied almost 20 years ago. If she’s had no contact in 20 years I see no relevance really.
Different folks, different strokes but I wouldn't be going to the Mail to explain how my daughter was a bully when she was 12.
( Kohberger or no Kohberger)

Last edited:
He could be on any 'scheduled' drug such as anti-anxiety (benzodiazepines) sleep aid (Ambien etc) or even Suboxone for his heroin addiction. Frequent follow-ups are usually required.
At the clinic I work at, our Suboxone patients start at 1x a week for check ins and are required minimum 1 hour a month of therapy per Medicaid. Benzos would also require frequent follow ups, but in WV stimulants are the only class that LEGALLY REQUIRE quarterly follow ups.

The previous thread closed before I could reply.
I am not sure how to transfer a quote/comment from a closed thread, so I will copy and paste if that is OK.

Maybe I missed it, did the receptionist give out his medical information/status or other personal information? All I remember reading about it was that she mentioned that BK seemed "nice and charming". I am not finding where she "blabbed"? Sorry, not arguing with you, I truly have no idea what it was she blabbed.
My question has always been, was she allowed to acknowledge that he was a patient to begin with? Personally, I think she was at least not professional, and should not have said anything. I would think twice about going to that doctor's office. Whether she said something nice or mean doesn't matter to me. I think she was blabbing, or worse, gossiping. Imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member