ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 63

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, especially in the case of Behavioral Health. That is quite different.
Where did she report on his "issues" though? Not arguing, I just never saw where that was stated. Did the receptionist give out his diagnosis, his medical condition? Not that I saw. Stating someone is "nice and charming" is NOT a medical diagnosis and is not part of a person's medical record, it is merely an observation of someone's demeanor.

I would like it if someone here with a background in HIM would care to comment.
The bottom line is that ANYONE working at a provider's office by law is not allowed to discuss patient information. This receptionist could be in big legal trouble right now. The fact she basically confirmed BK was a patient by talking about him is a huge no-no.

EXAMPLE: Imagine if there was a clinic that only treated people w/schizophrenia. The receptionist wouldn't even have to discuss a person's diagnosis because if she simply confirmed that a certain person was a patient, the media (or whoever) would automatically know the person's diagnosis because the provider specializes in schizophrenia. Does that make sense?

MOO
Not to be dramatic but if my receptionist or legal assistant called the press to disclose one of our clients was a client of my law firm, I'd fire them and then I'd have to inform my malpractice insurance carrier that there may be a claim against me.

The HIPAA Q&A that keeps being cited covers the specific situation that when you are a patent in a hospital, you can choose whether they will disclose that you are a patient if anyone calls looking for you. For example, if I slip and fall and end up in the ER, my mom might call our local hospital and ask if I am a patient. UNLESS I SAY OTHERWISE, they can disclose that I am a patient. The purpose being allowing people to connect with family and friends unless the patient indicates at intake that they do NOT want their admission disclosed.

That has nothing to do with whether a receptionist at a doctor's office can breach patient confidentiality to blab to the press that a certain person receives medical treatment at that office. It is highly sensitive and confidential and I encourage you to read the contracts you sign which almost surely include a confidentiality provision.

And to Suzi's question, I am almost certain any doctor would require as a condition of employment that all employees keep patient information confidential. Every medical practice contract I have ever reviewed contained the standard confidentiality provisions. The information disclosed was not the receptionist's to disclose - the relationship is between the patient and the medical provider.
THANK YOU!!! I am a legal assistant and understand this 100%. I'm trying to explain it here on WS as I see the question asked. Confidentiality is key! Everyone (yes, even BK) has a right to privacy.

Maybe it's not obvious but you can talk to LE or the FBI without also selling your story to the Daily Mail. It's not like a legal obligation that the FBI tells you, well, thank you for the interview, be sure to collect your $250 from the Daily Mail reporter on the way out. Thank you for your service.
Thank you!

[…]

Kohberger's former classmates from Pleasant Valley, Northampton Community College and DeSales University tell us they're glued to the updates.

That includes Josh Ferraro, who is getting thousands of views on his videos. His Tik Tok handle is psychologicalsleuth.

"I was a criminal justice major at DeSales as well," Ferraro said in one of his videos. "I studied under Katherine Ramsland as well. We took a really interesting class there called psychological sleuthing where you basically enter the mind of a killer, and you have to decipher how that crime happened based off minute clues that Dr. Ramsland gives you."

Ferraro did a project with Kohberger at DeSales, which included a photo of Kohberger.

"My theory on the motive is...he potentially had problems with women," said Ferraro in another video. "I say that based off of analyzing my memories and him in class. He never talked to girls, ever."

[…]

What's next in Kohberger case, new insight on his criminology education from DeSales classmate

:oops:
'I studied under Katherine Ramsland as well. We took a really interesting class there called psychological sleuthing where you basically enter the mind of a killer'

I apologize if this has been posted. Screenshot (from the police bodycam when they came to speak with Kaylee about the noise complaint) of the side corner of the house where people thought drips of blood may have been. This was about 3 mos earlier…

Attachments

• 5CA2E11B-6EF1-44AF-8121-D3FD7E640BBA.jpeg
    5CA2E11B-6EF1-44AF-8121-D3FD7E640BBA.jpeg
    126.2 KB · Views: 130
  • A2AC35B8-E705-49E4-8F56-B5FE60933BF8.jpeg
    A2AC35B8-E705-49E4-8F56-B5FE60933BF8.jpeg
    115.2 KB · Views: 128
RSBBM
Really? Not even the ones with "good birthing hips"?
I'm taking all of these people with a grain of salt. He might have told the woman he was talking to that she had "good birthing hips" if he had perhaps found that line in the Office funny and perhaps in that context--if they were talking about the Office--this comment wouldn't sound so unbelievably inappropriate. Seems unlikely but . . . Of course, he also might not have said this. MOO

I've NEVER seen a bruise on my husband's neck regardless of what kind of razor over the last 3+ years. Yes, he's tried all kinds, except of course prison issue. Even in desperation he's stole my one blade dull bic in a jam. But, I'm not a man. I totally get the nicks but not the throat bruise.
Like I said, for guys with certain types of whiskers and skin, it is very common. It's just extreme razor burn. Nothing more to read into it then that.

Surely prisoners can still receive prescribed medications. I assume they are administered under strict supervision, but I don't think they can deny a prisoner medical care. MOO
He'll be able to continue with his regular meds and be able to get whatever medical care that he needs (lab work, medical care, etc). At least I believe that is a standard throughout the US. MOO

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought at BK's first hearing the judge asked him if he was on any medications, and had any health problems, physical or mental.

Did I just dream that?

Did BK's problems resolve themselves in between Nov. 17th or thereabouts and early January?

Why is there the view that he went in quarterly? Did the receptionist say that too?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought at BK's first hearing the judge asked him if he was on any medications, and had any health problems, physical or mental.

Did I just dream that?

Did BK's problems resolve themselves in between Nov. 17th or thereabouts and early January?

Why is there the view that he went in quarterly? Did the receptionist say that too?
I believe the judge asked if he had any conditions or medications that would affect his understanding of the court proceedings or something to that effect. Not necessarily conditions/medications in general. MOO

I'm taking all of these people with a grain of salt. He might have told the woman he was talking to that she had "good birthing hips" if he had perhaps found that line in the Office funny and perhaps in that context--if they were talking about the Office--this comment wouldn't sound so unbelievably inappropriate. Seems unlikely but . . . Of course, he also might not have said this. MOO

I found that phrase (and instructions on how to use it) on a website aimed at men, maybe 15-18 years ago. I wonder if The Office popularized it (or when it was on The Office?) It is of course an older expression, but it became popular in websites teaching the dating strategy of "negging" women.

Moving on from BK's Tinder date and the receptionist at his doctor's office, we now have an interview with his 6th grade crush. Photo included! /s

FBI agents have interviewed Bryan Kohberger's middle school crush in hopes of piecing together the psyche of the man they believe is responsible for the gruesome murders of four Idaho college students.

Kim Kenely, 27, contacted the bureau shortly after learning her former classmate had been arrested for allegedly knifing four housemates to death at a university just 15 minutes from where he was studying in November.

The two were sixth-grade students at Pleasant Valley Intermediate School in Brodheadsville, Pennsylvania, when Kohberger, 28, developed a crush and began romantically pursuing the girl who would go on to be a high school cheerleader.

'She told the FBI whatever she could tell them,' Kenely's mother Sandra confirmed to DailyMail.com on Wednesday.

'It was so long ago. I couldn't imagine what she had to tell the FBI. I guess it was for the character purpose.'

View attachment 394905

Sixth grade?! Honestly, I feel sorry for BK, the child.

"I guess it was for the character purpose"--- Whose? Hers, or his, in 6th grade?

<modsnip: quoted post removed/snipped>

Also, I do not know how many men are here, but, for any who are, if you have ever shaved with a blade that should have been discarded at least a week sooner, and I think most of us have, you know what razor burn looks like, and the "bruising" seen on BK sure looks like razor burn to me, and he probably had just shaved minutes before going into court. Also, he may have not had shaving gel and had to use soap to shave with. The "bruises" are probably not even visible this evening. And yes, the cuts look like shaving cuts. JMO
You are 100% correct. If I had a nickel for every time my neck looked just like that after shaving, I'd be rich. Unless you are a guy with wirey, course whiskers, you can't imagine how much trauma shaving places on tender neck skin. And, yes, it is just as painful as it looks.

I believe the judge asked if he had any conditions or medications that would affect his understanding of the court proceedings or something to that effect. Not necessarily conditions/medications in general. MOO

Ah, okay. Thank you so much. I am not completely misremembering.

On the TAT pages he does mention going on a thyroid medication. He'd also been on Topomax (sp?) and had a bad experience. He was looking for medication and diets and anything at all that could help with his VSS (a neurological condition).

He'll be able to continue with his regular meds and be able to get whatever medical care that he needs (lab work, medical care, etc). At least I believe that is a standard throughout the US. MOO
Yes, it is standard practice. The subhuman who murdered my niece still received dialysis while incarcerated the only thing that changed is he could no longer get a kidney transplant because he was a convicted murderer and within a couple of years died and I'm ok with that...call it God will, Karma, the universe righting some wrongs, either way, I prefer that he isn't breathing. For me, it brought closure and healing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BarbieP