ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 63

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

If you look at the picture journalist John Webb posted, open it in a new tab (if you are on a desktop/laptop) and enlarge it slightly, you can see (IMHO) that what some think is a bruise is more likely the shadow caused by a bad shave job on his neck. I even downloaded it and enlarged it on my Macbook. I see a fringe of stubble where he didn't get all the way to the edge of the hair growth on his neck. I see some stubble still remaining around where he cut himself on the side jaw (and probably started having to avoid going back over the spot to prevent further injury). Given the thickness on the hair growing on the back of his neck, it's easy to see how his neck stubble can extend that far down and out. His hair looks like it's still wet, so I suspect he was in a rush to shave a week or two of stubble and possibly ran out of shave lotion/foam by the end (the supplies websites show tiny tubes).

As for bruising and cuts from shaving on the neck--just this morning my husband hurried and shaved something like 5 weeks of neck and cheek hair off because he had to go on site for the first time in over a month. He now has nicks, scrapes, and razor burn that looks like bruising. I texted him to ask if I could take a picture of his neck and post it here when he gets home--strangely enough he said "h*ll no!" :)

ETA to add: I also see a nick on his Adam's apple.
TYVM!

PA has very generous resources for children and adolescents with mental health and/addiction issues. I am more familiar with the mh side, so I can share that anyone under 18 with a mh dx can apply for and receive medical assistance to access treatment services, provided they are approved by Aetna/MA. I believe similar is true for addiction issues. Imo, unless they had generous insurance, BK’s parents were not in a financial situation that would have allowed for private help, though I could be wrong. Here’s a short blurb on the assistance in PA for addiction treatment options. It’s more recent than the time when BK was likely pursuing tx (if he did), but similar options were available imo.

OTOH, he may well have detoxed and recovered on us own or through NA or similar.
Thank you so much for this information. Very helpful!

@SRWCF said:
Can an attorney please help answer why the word "co-defendant" is being used in the 1/10/23 Request for Discovery? It says "a" co-defendant and not "the" co-defendant. Is that standard language in case someone else ends up getting arrested? Idaho Judicial Cases of Interest

1673549796078.png

Well THAT'S certainly interesting!
It's boilerplate copy/pasted from the rules of criminal proceedure in the state of Idaho: Rule 16 - Discovery and Inspection, Idaho R. Crim. P. 16 | Casetext Search + Citator

I don’t think he’s going to do well in prison…curious if he can make it until June.

Lawsuits from the family to come, for sure IMO. I’m assuming those automatically have to wait until the criminal trial is over (lawyers please correct me if I’m wrong)….edited to add, while I understand due process, I feel so bad for the families having to wait longer for justice. My heart breaks for them

Last edited:
My question has always been, was she allowed to acknowledge that he was a patient to begin with? Personally, I think she was at least not professional, and should not have said anything. I would think twice about going to that doctor's office. Whether she said something nice or mean doesn't matter to me. I think she was blabbing, or worse, gossiping. Imo.
Not to be dramatic but if my receptionist or legal assistant called the press to disclose one of our clients was a client of my law firm, I'd fire them and then I'd have to inform my malpractice insurance carrier that there may be a claim against me.

The HIPAA Q&A that keeps being cited covers the specific situation that when you are a patent in a hospital, you can choose whether they will disclose that you are a patient if anyone calls looking for you. For example, if I slip and fall and end up in the ER, my mom might call our local hospital and ask if I am a patient. UNLESS I SAY OTHERWISE, they can disclose that I am a patient. The purpose being allowing people to connect with family and friends unless the patient indicates at intake that they do NOT want their admission disclosed.

That has nothing to do with whether a receptionist at a doctor's office can breach patient confidentiality to blab to the press that a certain person receives medical treatment at that office. It is highly sensitive and confidential and I encourage you to read the contracts you sign which almost surely include a confidentiality provision.

And to Suzi's question, I am almost certain any doctor would require as a condition of employment that all employees keep patient information confidential. Every medical practice contract I have ever reviewed contained the standard confidentiality provisions. The information disclosed was not the receptionist's to disclose - the relationship is between the patient and the medical provider.

That's a new twist.
As I said, different strokes for different folks. I personally, would not be contacting a news organisation to say that kids had been involved in bullying. Period. Doesn't matter who was the recipient, regardless of Kohberger. Don't try to flip that into ' victim -blaming'
I personally dont believe being rejected is bullying.

"
Kohberger, then a chubby, awkward misfit, would become relentless in his pursuit, repeatedly leaving love letters in her locker and telling her he liked her, according to the mom.

'He would always say, "Oh Kim, I think you're very pretty." Just like weird comments. And she'd say, "Oh my God, leave me alone."

Kenely would eventually tell Kohberger to buzz off, breaking his heart.

Quoting some of this article on MSM so it's viewable in posts:

Idaho Murder Suspect Bryan Kohberger Requests Info on Mystery 'Co-Defendant' as Next Hearing Is Set for June​

By CHRIS SPARGO
First Published: 8:58 AM PST, January 12, 2023

Bryan Kohberger briefly appeared in court on Thursday where he waived his right to a speedy preliminary hearing.​

"Bryan Kohberger briefly appeared in court on Thursday where he waived his right to a speedy preliminary hearing.
This means that the Washington State University PhD student, who is accused of murdering four University of Idaho students in the early morning hours of Nov. 13, will not appear in a courtroom again until June 26.

Kohberger and his defense team also filed a request for discovery this week, asking among other things for information about a "co-defendant" in the case.

The probable cause affidavit does not identify a co-defendant and authorities have not suggested that Kohberger may have had an accomplice when he allegedly murdered Madison Mogen, 21; Kaylee Goncalves, 21; Xana Kernodle, 20; and Ethan Chapin, 20.

Inside Edition Digital previously reported that Kohberger did ask members of law enforcement if they had arrested another individual in connection with these murders after he was taken into custody last month.

In the court filing submitted by his public defender Ann Taylor, Kohberger requested: "Any written or recorded statements by a co-defendant, and the substance of any relevant oral statement made by a co-defendant whether before or after arrest in response to interrogation by any person known by the co-defendant to be a peace officer or agent of the prosecuting attorney, or which are otherwise relevant to the offense charged.

That is just one of the 18 requests for discovery Kohberger submitted to the court."
"

Bryan Kohberger Requests Info on 'Co-Defendant' in Idaho Murder Case
Curiouser and curiouser

Some things I've been wondering....
The 3 search warrants in Pennsylvania and their accompanying returns & inventories.... Are they sealed? Is there a record of them in Marion County? Has anyone seen them anywhere in MSM or elsewhere online? Does the Idaho DA have them?

Maybe BK took a pet to the veterinarian. ;)

To start with, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA) that governs privacy when it comes to human medical care does not apply to veterinary patients. In fact, there is no regulation of veterinary records at the federal level at all. What’s left is an amalgamation of state laws (and not every state has one) and professional ethics, which means that your pet’s medical privacy is dependent on where you live and who your veterinarian is.
True!
Confidentiality of veterinary patient records by state.

I think the FBI took the interview with his old classmate because they suspect it was part of his motive. Why he was so mad and targeted women he didnt know.

I wouldnt be surprised if we find online writings or journals he spouting some kind of entitlement and anger when things are not just given to him.

Thats just my guess and opinion.

[/QUOTE]
whether BK will write his experiences down for later publication has come up, and perhaps this answer has been posted before. If that's the case I apologize for the repetition.

BK won't profit from any kind of publication of his story if the state enforces its "Son of Sam" statute, section 19-5301, which states:

"DISTRIBUTION OF MONEYS RECEIVED AS A RESULT OF THE COMMISSION OF CRIME.

(1) Every person, firm, corporation, partnership, association or other legal entity contracting with any person or the representative or assignee of any person, accused of a crime in this state, with respect to the reenactment of such crime, by way of a movie, book, magazine article, radio or television presentation, live entertainment of any kind, or from the expression of such person’s thoughts, feelings, opinions or emotions regarding such crime, shall pay over to the state treasurer any moneys which would otherwise, by terms of such contract, be owing to the person so convicted or his representatives. The state treasurer shall deposit such moneys in an escrow account for the benefit of and payable to any victim of crimes committed by such person, provided that such person is eventually convicted of the crime or is acquitted on the ground of mental disease or defect excluding responsibility and provided further that such victim, or his personal representative, within five (5) years of the date the escrow account has been established, brings a civil action in a court of competent jurisdiction and recovers a money judgment against such person or his representatives.

(2) The state treasurer, at least once every six (6) months for five (5) years from the date it receives such moneys, shall cause to have published a legal notice in newspapers of general circulation in the county of the state where the crime was committed advising such victims that such escrow moneys are available to satisfy money judgments pursuant to this section.

(3) Upon disposition of charges favorable to any person accused of committing a crime, or upon a showing by such person that five (5) years have elapsed from the establishment of such escrow account and further that no actions are pending against such person, pursuant to this section the board shall immediately pay over any moneys in the escrow account to such person.

(4) Notwithstanding the foregoing provisions of this section the state treasurer shall make payments from an escrow account to any person accused of crime upon the order of a court of competent jurisdiction after a showing by such person that such moneys shall be used for the exclusive purpose of retaining legal representation at any stage of the proceedings against such person, including the appeals process.

(5) Any action taken by any person convicted of a crime, whether by way of execution of a power of attorney, creation of corporate entities or otherwise, to defeat the purpose of this section shall be null and void as against the public policy of this state.

(6) The state treasurer may invest the moneys in any escrow account hereunder in any United States government notes or securities.

(7) The attorney general or any other person may bring an action in a court of competent jurisdiction to require the deposit of moneys in an escrow account as provided in this section."

Some of these laws have been challenged on First Amendment grounds, but I don't think Idaho's is one of them. I think BTK and Professor Ramsland leveraged the First Amendment issue and worked out a deal directly with the victims' attorney to share revenue from Ramsland's book voluntarily and circumvent the Kansas Son of Sam statute. MOO.
[/QUOTE]

If he does write a book, I have doubts that his true end goal will be monetary.

"
Kohberger, then a chubby, awkward misfit, would become relentless in his pursuit, repeatedly leaving love letters in her locker and telling her he liked her, according to the mom.

'He would always say, "Oh Kim, I think you're very pretty." Just like weird comments. And she'd say, "Oh my God, leave me alone."

I already read that part as well, when I read the whole article.

We've been reading similar accounts since 31st December

'But Bryan was bullied a lot, and I never got a chance to say something to defend him, because he would always run away.”Healey said
“I honestly think that’s what led up to this, because he didn’t get the proper help, and it was mainly females that bullied him"

Fox link

“It was bad,” Healey said. “There was definitely something off about him, like we couldn’t tell exactly what it was.

Healey said that treatment might have been a motivating factor for Kohberger.

Post link
'Another classmate, Sarah Healey, told Fox that Kohberger was bullied by high school girls, who would even throw things at him.'

The FBI - maybe the BAU experts - seem to think that this is important background.

Last edited:

"

I agree - young women need to be taught that it's OK to be assertive when someone is harassing/stalking and/or making them uncomfortable. A lot of harm comes from teaching girls to always be accepting and polite when men or boys are stepping over a line. JMO.

Maybe it's not obvious but you can talk to LE or the FBI without also selling your story to the Daily Mail. It's not like a legal obligation that the FBI tells you, well, thank you for the interview, be sure to collect your $250 from the Daily Mail reporter on the way out. Thank you for your service.

Not to be dramatic but if my receptionist or legal assistant called the press to disclose one of our clients was a client of my law firm, I'd fire them and then I'd have to inform my malpractice insurance carrier that there may be a claim against me.

The HIPAA Q&A that keeps being cited covers the specific situation that when you are a patent in a hospital, you can choose whether they will disclose that you are a patient if anyone calls looking for you. For example, if I slip and fall and end up in the ER, my mom might call our local hospital and ask if I am a patient. UNLESS I SAY OTHERWISE, they can disclose that I am a patient. The purpose being allowing people to connect with family and friends unless the patient indicates at intake that they do NOT want their admission disclosed.

That has nothing to do with whether a receptionist at a doctor's office can breach patient confidentiality to blab to the press that a certain person receives medical treatment at that office. It is highly sensitive and confidential and I encourage you to read the contracts you sign which almost surely include a confidentiality provision.

And to Suzi's question, I am almost certain any doctor would require as a condition of employment that all employees keep patient information confidential. Every medical practice contract I have ever reviewed contained the standard confidentiality provisions. The information disclosed was not the receptionist's to disclose - the relationship is between the patient and the medical provider.
Thank you for clarifying this!

No one is doing that, if anything the FBI is taking the time to talk to them for reasons that they find important.
There you go

because the FBI's BAU want to research what shaped him.
I think the FBI took the interview with his old classmate because they suspect it was part of his motive. Why he was so mad and targeted women he didnt know.

I wouldnt be surprised if we find online writings or journals he spouting some kind of entitlement and anger when things are not just given to him.

Thats just my guess and opinion.

Can agree with you on that part, have long thought that misogyny was involved in this crime. ( or femicide as Coffindaffer now calls it)

[…]

Kohberger's former classmates from Pleasant Valley, Northampton Community College and DeSales University tell us they're glued to the updates.

That includes Josh Ferraro, who is getting thousands of views on his videos. His Tik Tok handle is psychologicalsleuth.

"I was a criminal justice major at DeSales as well," Ferraro said in one of his videos. "I studied under Katherine Ramsland as well. We took a really interesting class there called psychological sleuthing where you basically enter the mind of a killer, and you have to decipher how that crime happened based off minute clues that Dr. Ramsland gives you."

Ferraro did a project with Kohberger at DeSales, which included a photo of Kohberger.

"My theory on the motive is...he potentially had problems with women," said Ferraro in another video. "I say that based off of analyzing my memories and him in class. He never talked to girls, ever."

[…]

What's next in Kohberger case, new insight on his criminology education from DeSales classmate

He could be on any 'scheduled' drug such as anti-anxiety (benzodiazepines) sleep aid (Ambien etc) or even Suboxone for his heroin addiction. Frequent follow-ups are usually required.
I doubt very much if he will be able to get any of those drugs behind bars!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member