ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 63

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The possibility that BK didn't act alone... I can dismiss any comment he may have made upon his arrest. I can write off a discovery request for any co-defendants as legal maneuvering. I can look at a timeline that doesn't seem to fit a single assailant and convince myself it must fit. But here's what I can't ignore:

When LE pulled him over twice in Indiana they wanted to see his hands. Why? The only explanation that makes sense to me is that they suspect the perp may have been injured in the struggle, but looking for signs of an injury six weeks after the fact makes me think it's more than a superficial scratch. It's not unreasonable at all to think that LE has DNA evidence that we don't know about, and I suspect they do. But does that DNA link to BK? If it doesn't, he knows that. And LE knows that too.
I suspect there may have been a confidant.

Thank you. This triggered me to go back and look at the actual TMZ video of the first traffic stop. I paused right away (approx. 00:16 into the video). The first time I looked at the video all I saw was that door handle the whole time. But when the cop first approached the car, there is a view of his hands which do look like potentially bad cuts on hand and wrist. Interesting that during the 2nd traffic stop, BK keeps his left hand between his legs and his right hand is positioned out of view of the body cam.

I remember some discussions on a previous thread on whether cuts would still be visible after this long of a time. I would say the wrist looks like a very bad cut along the bone. What are people's thoughts on the wrist cut and the cut on top of the left hand (shown at 00:16)?
View attachment 395114
Would it still have been visible if it had become infected. I can see him being afraid to go to a doctor with it.

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

Forgive me, I am waking up and trying to catch up with all the threads and posts...but....

I am a RN, and looking at the "nearby" "routine health visit" BK made in a different way. Viewing a map of the Steptoe Apartments (where he lived) in Pullman and what is nearby----it pops out to me that an acupuncture or acupressure type clinic is in very close proximity. As well as several traditional type healthcare options. We don't know.

I agree, HIPPA makes most of us in healthcare extremely aware of the importance of non disclosure regarding patients. However a non traditional (alternative) type of facility might operate on the fringe of HIPPA regulations---for example, they operate as a cash only business; do not query of file insurance for payment or report info to insurance; do not coordinate benefits; no claims, plans or even third parties involved for billing or collections. These are just a few examples of the many variables that must exists for a non traditional entity to be exempt.

Getting a massage, for example, from a place of business that accepts cash (direct) payment from the consumer is not under HIPPA.

But a massage or therapy obtained under MD order in which a diagnosis, perhaps insurance, progress of care, etc are shared etc would require HIPPA.

Just a lot of posts about the HIPPA rabbit hole as I call it.

Last, are yall as frustrated as I am trying to wait until June? I can't help but wonder if a part of the delay is to also try to allow the intensity of public interest to decrease? I can't imagine how the victims families and friends must feel.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I would make a good juror in this case, as I haven't entirely made up my mind either way. I am deeply curious about what further evidence will provide us.

Here's a theory that's been floated in my direction by a friend who was looking into DNA. What if one of the police officers was handling BK's application and then handled one of the instruments they used at the scene? And then the DNA was unwittingly placed on the sheath.

By all accounts, he was not at all in their sights based on cell phone activity until the DNA test came back.

This wouldn't be the first time a big case ended up like this. It happened with Amanda Knox, also using single source DNA.
BK was in LE sights via the white elantra footage and discovery of BK's rego and car in WSU records and actual car at Steptoe Appartments on November 29. The PCA gives no date of exacty when the DNA came back. It's all in the PCA.

Re the sheath and police officer handling theory, prosecution will have to provide meticulous evidence of chain of custody for physical evidence, including who handled what and the PPE, evidence gloves, bags etc that were used. Just my opinion.

Thank you. This triggered me to go back and look at the actual TMZ video of the first traffic stop. I paused right away (approx. 00:16 into the video). The first time I looked at the video all I saw was that door handle the whole time. But when the cop first approached the car, there is a view of his hands which do look like potentially bad cuts on hand and wrist. Interesting that during the 2nd traffic stop, BK keeps his left hand between his legs and his right hand is positioned out of view of the body cam.

I remember some discussions on a previous thread on whether cuts would still be visible after this long of a time. I would say the wrist looks like a very bad cut along the bone. What are people's thoughts on the wrist cut and the cut on top of the left hand (shown at 00:16)?
View attachment 395114
Truly, it looks like a shadow.
I just googled arm photos and saw that shadows will look like this most of the time on most people's arms.

View attachment 395114
Those look like shadows to me

from the article:
MOSCOW, Idaho – Bryan Kohberger, the 28-year-old Ph.D. student accused of ambushing four University of Idaho undergrads in their sleep with a knife in November, traded a look of intensity for one of fear when he entered court for a status conference Thursday, according to a leading body language expert.

"As he turns the corner into the courtroom, he takes a breath in, meaning something important is going to happen, namely fear," Susan Constantine, a behavioral analyst who specializes in body language and detecting deception, told Fox News Digital. "The horizontal forehead lines are from worry."

Kohberger slouched into the room with large cuts on his face, which the sheriff later said were suffered during a shaving mishap.

I think I'm being really argumentative here, lol! I'm sorry!

To be honest, the whole receptionist talking to the media about BK clearly got under my skin! The guy is a horrible person and I hope he gets the maximum penalty for his crimes, but I do believe passionately in the law, also for this dude, so I'm obviously "triggered' knowing that a low level receptionist would violate his privacy like she did. She should know better!
It's ok. HIPAA is an interesting topic! I agree she should not have said anything. We can muddy this up even further because I believe the "medical office" that was contacted was the student health center and then you get into whether the health center is a hybrid entity, state laws, etc. But let's not do that. :) If it was the health center then the receptionist could have been a student worker and just got overly excited about talking to the press. The speculation is endless so I'll leave the HIPAA discussion at that. ;)

MOO.

The possibility that BK didn't act alone... I can dismiss any comment he may have made upon his arrest. I can write off a discovery request for any co-defendants as legal maneuvering. I can look at a timeline that doesn't seem to fit a single assailant and convince myself it must fit. But here's what I can't ignore:

When LE pulled him over twice in Indiana they wanted to see his hands. Why? The only explanation that makes sense to me is that they suspect the perp may have been injured in the struggle, but looking for signs of an injury six weeks after the fact makes me think it's more than a superficial scratch. It's not unreasonable at all to think that LE has DNA evidence that we don't know about, and I suspect they do. But does that DNA link to BK? If it doesn't, he knows that. And LE knows that too.

I never thought they stopped him to look at his hands. I thought it was because they realized there was a second person and wanted to make sure that a) the person wasn't a hostage and b) that he was still in the car and the second person wasn't acting as a decoy driving the car while he had escaped and was headed elsewhere . JMO

BK was in LE sights via the white elantra footage and discovery of BK's rego and car in WSU records and actual car at Steptoe Appartments on November 29. The PCA gives no date of exacty when the DNA came back. It's all in the PCA.

Re the sheath and police officer handling theory, prosecution will have to provide meticulous evidence of chain of custody for physical evidence, including who handled what and the PPE, evidence gloves, bags etc that were used. Just my opinion.
^This.

They circled him early and then used the DNA inside the home to confirm his "alleged" involvement.

I completely get the original poster's point, though. There's a lot of reasonable doubt that can be displayed on a trial. I believe there's much more that we don't yet know, thankfully.

You're right about the elantra being first and the DNA second. I could have sworn I read something to the contrary, but when I went back I couldn't find a thing like that. Memories are shaky things, aren't they?

I have a question related to getting inside his head as to why did this happen / what was he thinking.

Was he not worried at all that someone in the house might have a gun for self defense?
Don’t bring a knife to a gun fight, etc.

The knife is such a strange element of choice - very personal and also very risky in so many ways.

Thoughts?
BBM that is very true. Idaho gun laws:
No state permit required to purchase, possess or carry.
Gun & Weapon Law

Why does DM have to supply address/telephone number etc - can't all liasons be through legal channels and not directly between DM and BK's representatives. Is this actually a mandate that she has to follow??? It seems really a unsafe proceedure involving witnesses etc. MOO
Oh, I so agree! It’s outrageous that he should have such detail about all witnesses. He can have info regarding their statements via discovery. He should get nothing more. Am I misunderstanding? It’s crazy.

View attachment 395114

Its a shadow. If it was such a significant injury as would be needed for that visible of a mark there would still be evidence on him of it healing in his court images which were done under much better lighting conditions.

LE wants to see everyone's hands on a traffic stops. I saw nothing unusual about either of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966