ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 63

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the state of Washington, that is likely true regarding firearm purchases. It just wouldn't be worth him even attempting to try it there (I did a quick scan of the laws). Here in Ky., I could probably trade a decent used cellphone for one, on the courthouse steps. We're not called Guntucky for nothing! :p

The depersonalisation, with VSS, seemed more to me, like an out-of-body experience, that one would know is not real, but it would still be frightening. One would feel disconnected from themself. So far, I've not read of a correlation with violence. Though I feel that he depersonalizes others, in another use of the word, and lacks empathy, in order to have committed these murders. If he has VSS, w/depersonalization, I don't see how he functioned. I'm very wary that he truly had VSS, due to his ability to move around freely, grade papers, see at night, drive a car, easily get in and out of the victims' homes, and progress so far in pursuing his education. (Just based on my very limited research, and having only just learned of it. I may not be fully understanding the condition. )

JIC anyone wants to look;
Washington State's Guidelines

The visual disturbances themselves are on a continuum (so some people can drive at night).

That being said, I don't see how he functioned either, which is why I'm comparing him to the murderer, David Attias, whose parents thought he was functioning well enough to send him off to university, where he fairly quickly decompensated. He got halfway through his freshman year:

I don't think anyone fully understands VSS. Most of the research is fairly recent:

Some people have it really badly, others do not. This article actually goes into depersonalization as a symptom in VSS. It appears to be a dysfunction of the visual cortices (in the back of the head). Most of the research on it is very recent. Here's a good rundown of the psychiatric research into VSS:

It's really hard to know how to separate the visual symptoms from other possibly psychological symptoms.

There are MRI and other pictures in those articles, it's quite clear there's brain dysfunction.

They just use the same justification that the rest of the media did when they reported the story this past week. I'm still not convinced this isn't a big 4Chan troll situation.
It's been on 4chan for a week+ or so solidly now but not in a trolling situation (or so I've been told : )
For as untrustworthy as the site can be they call out larpers pretty well.
You may be right, but it seems there's been a fair amount of due diligence on it.

Last edited:
This is interesting.

While speaking further with Newsweek on Friday, Geragos said that in his experience, he has rarely seen "threats to law enforcement" used as a reason for keeping a search warrant sealed.

"My surmise or speculation is that there is some investigative thread or leads that were missed or are being pursued that would cause great public consternation," Geragos told Newsweek.

well it certainly seems in the wake of BK’s arrest, that there is indeed no connection of this case to the 2021 unsolved stabbing in Salem, Oregon. I had forgotten about that one until today, but now it sure does raise my interest in that case. If BK guilty here, there is still another stabber murderer running around out there.

Police May Have Missed Crucial Detail in Idaho Murder Case: Attorney (msn.com)
While speaking about the specific wording, Geragos said "that tells me that there's something there that they don't want out yet or something that they missed and they're afraid if it got out, there would be public, what I call, blowback."
"I will tell you, I've seen I can't tell you how many thousands of warrants that have been sealed, rarely have I seen one where the reason centered on the threat to law enforcement," Geragos added.

Meh, worthless speculation by Geragos.

So it looks like tapatalk posts were confirmed as his. It's going to make the death penalty that much harder for the prosecution to get. It's also interesting he committed the crimes in Idaho that has little in the way of an insanity defense when WA certainly does, though they rarely work in states that do allow them. Unless a plea arrangement is made or he is found not guilty the appeals on this case may go on for decades.
There are some (rumored) reasons he should ask for protective custody, but since rumors I will not include them on post until properly sources.

ALL MOO
The big MSM outlets are not reporting it as confirmed--so many things can be hacked these days, who knows?

I'm not sure it would negate the death penalty, but perhaps you're right in that it would make it more difficult. Still, I think he's going to have to show something more recent than a decade ago to have a medical excuse. IMO

I agree about the appeals. They could be almost non-ending.

1673652233073.png

The above picture shows how VSS people see the world (it helps to enlarge it). That is apparently a reconstruction of the average state of vision. As you can see, it's not like it's blindness. It's just all...impressionistic? Apparently just having visual snow isn't enough to be diagnosed with the full syndrome (which is still very much under study).

At any rate, this is directed at the question of "How could he drive? How could he drive at night?" Well, some people with VSS cannot drive at night, but most can drive. Bryan describe palinopsia really well in his Tapatalk posts. I have entopic phenomena (floaters is an example) and many people do. Mine have been bad enough at times that I sought treatment - they come and go, first noticed when I was about 8. I have none of the other symptoms, but I don't like my floaters - although I am now very used to them.

Hes there for 5 months and doesn't make 1 friend?
We really don't know if he has friends. If he doesn't, he could be an Introvert. JMO

<modsnip - not an approved source>
.....but the point of looking at the car aspect was only to develop a list of potential suspects....a starting point. It isn't like the moment they found BK drove an Elantra they ran out an arrested him. It gave them someone to look at more closely and when they did each piece of the puzzle fit as they came across it. They could have found the suspect out of pure luck and the conclusion would have been just as solid.

I guess I ask this. If BK was not involved and we are insinuating LE modified their search to fabricate a prime suspect, what are the odds his DNA just happened to be at the crime scene on an sheath for the murder weapon? I don't even want to know the odds.
IMO I agree as long as they didn't just zero in on BK and they were still looking at all potential suspects.

I can think of reasons his touch dna would be on the snap of the sheath. Great odds, no.

I recall the Gainesville case where the initial suspect was focused on IMO because he looked and acted like what people think a murderer should look and act like. And he was in the area of the crimes. The search warrants produced no connection, it still took him 4 years before he was exonerated. They do have more evidence (sheath) in this case, but we really don't know yet if they found anything additional at the crime scene or in their searches after his arrest.

All MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
They just use the same justification that the rest of the media did when they reported the story this past week. I'm still not convinced this isn't a big 4Chan troll situation.
Bit sophisticated for 4chan?
Hacking tapatalk after Dec 30th to insert all the posts over 3 years and then write all the replies, before being discovered by HTC c last weekend.

Does anyone think there is absolutely anyway possible the knife could still be somewhere in the house? I don't, but stranger things have happened. I wonder if DM noticed it in his hand when she saw him. Completely understandable if not. JMO
A poster proposed the idea of a hoodie, makes sense.
I think he had on a hoodie and put the knife in the front pocket, this way he could conceal it, hold it without the sheath being on his belt, and also accidently drop it.

Maybe when she saw him it was already there in the hoodie?

JMO

well it certainly seems in the wake of BK’s arrest, that there is indeed no connection of this case to the 2021 unsolved stabbing in Salem, Oregon. I had forgotten about that one until today, but now it sure does raise my interest in that case. If BK guilty here, there is still another stabber murderer running around out there.
Yeah, there's more than one in that general vicinity.

Sandra Ladd. Attacked in her home--they think late at night.

A young couple, Travis Juetten and his wife (his wife survived), but they were attacked in their home at 3 am.

The reason this whole thing resonates with me is because I found this forum when I was trying to find some news about who killed a woman in my area. Lori Heimer. Someone broke into her rural house, not far from me, and stabbed her to death. They never found who did it but LE in that case dropped the ball (JMOO).

That was when I started locking my doors and I haven't stopped locking them since.

Why do people have to be so mean?

To me, it for sure looked like blood had dripped down the exterior of their house from the interior of the house when photos were first published (within a few days of the murders) when LE was there collecting evidence.

At that time I did see photos of a LEO (a blond woman with a ponytail in a dark blue jacket with some sort of LE lettering/insignia on the back of her jacket along with other photos taken in the same setting of another male LEO who had the same type of jacket) taking photos of the red streams running down the exterior with what looked like a professional camera with a 'wide-angle lens'.

Although I definitely saw the photos then online (eidetic memory, no screenshots), I have not seen them since (using a basic browser search), around the same time (and since) that they seemed to be poo-pooed and written off as maybe something else (like heating oil/fuel that is dyed red, but that was also poo-pooed afterwards because the house supposedly isn't heated with fuel).

I've always assumed LE just felt it was a gory detail of the murders that didn't need to be discussed or analyzed by the public and/or would be too upsetting to the victims' families and/or was a key piece of evidence in terms of what happened in the murders of Xana & Ethan who were found on the floor above, and it was "deep sixed" for good reasons pertinent to the case.

JMOO
Has it been determined that was actually blood? I can't believe it was, because I don't understand how blood spilled inside a room of a house, even a lot of blood, could can find its way through interior walls, into the wall cavity, and past moisture barriers, insulation, etc and then penetrate to the outside. If true that's a very poorly maintained house, IMO, and probably in bad need of repair. Also any opening allowing blood spilled inside a house to seep through walls, insulation, etc, and exit the house's exterior would provide a way for animal's such as rats, mice, as well as insects, to enter the house.

While speaking about the specific wording, Geragos said "that tells me that there's something there that they don't want out yet or something that they missed and they're afraid if it got out, there would be public, what I call, blowback."
"I will tell you, I've seen I can't tell you how many thousands of warrants that have been sealed, rarely have I seen one where the reason centered on the threat to law enforcement," Geragos added.
There is so much about this case that doesn't make any sense, which truly causes me to step back a bit and wonder if it's going in the right direction.

The truth is usually a lot more simple.

Or that the affidavit will inform the public of a new method of crime detection and/or surveillance that will alert the criminal element which would be a threat to law enforcement.

Defense lawyers, whether male or female, do have a vested interest in how their cient's appear in court. So this is something that an attorney may look into, to ensure a good presentation at court appearances.

Absolutely. Depending on the stakes and funds, a lot of research & thought may go into what the client wears IME.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966