ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 63

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It should be noted, however, that the Moscow Police Department does not participate in this crime lab at WSU, so no bodycam images or videos of crime scenes from the City of Moscow were accessible to BK through his potential use of this lab at WSU.
Article is a little misleading isn't it?
Although the article does note that MPD doesn't share its cams w WSU's 'lab', it then sticks a still image of Kaylee G there (the MPD noise complaint body cam) That might give readers the impression that BK had been surreptitiously poring over body cam footage of Kaylee

Last edited:
Yes but I’m thinking he encountered them (or one or a few of them) at some point. Maybe didn’t even interact. Just saw them in a bar for example. Similar to how Jamie closs perp saw her exiting a school bus and just decided, she’s the one I’ll target. Became fixated on her. I think it could be something like that.
Me too.

There is so much about this case that doesn't make any sense, which truly causes me to step back a bit and wonder if it's going in the right direction.

The truth is usually a lot more simple.

Think Geragos may have made a mistake and the truth around the warrant being sealed is even simpler than he says. ( The language, the verbiage in the warrant was written and filed before BK was arrested)

Does anyone remember at what time the 3 point turn was made by the Elantra in front of the Kings Road house?
I remember seeing a forensics person, a woman, measuring tire tracks quite awhile after the murders. It struck me as odd at the time, given how many vehicles had been in and out by the time she did her work there and given the distance from the house, as I perceived the area.
In retrospect, video/Ring evidence must have identified the car there way early on.
That 3 point maneuver seems cumbersome to me. JMO

Meh, worthless speculation by Geragos.
Yeah, notice how the actual wording is "While speaking about the specific wording, Geragos said "that tells me that there's something there that they don't want out yet or something that they missed and they're afraid if it got out, there would be public, what I call, blowback.""

but ... the title of the article zeroes in on the portion that would seem disparaging to LE :rolleyes:

Who was the source?
I looked for the video but can’t find it. He had 4 experts on. One was J Gilliam.

The suspect in the quadruple murder of four university students in Moscow, Idaho, Bryan Kohberger, has an interesting past. Childhood friends of Kohberger's speak out about the type of person he was. Then, another source discusses Bryan’s alleged behavior at a local bar. Were there any red flags? Kerri Rawson, daughter of the BTK serial killer, speaks out about similarities she’s observed between her father and Kohberger. The suspect’s family released a statement to the public, and Dr. Phil reveals his thoughts about it. Forensics expert Joseph Scott Morgan, Former FBI Special Agent Jonathan Gilliam, Sr. Reporter for DailyMail.com Caitlyn Becker, and trial attorney Mercedes Colwin help Dr. Phil analyze these suspicious details about the suspect.

The discussion was by girls at the bar that he was asked to leave.

I'm not too concerned about what Geragos has to say at this point. It's not like Barney Fife and his bullet investigated this crime all by himself. MPD had help from the ISP and FBI from the beginning. And they had to convince a judge they had probable cause for an arrest, with the whole country watching. I don't think they're going to just grab up the first guy that looks okay for it. The ISP and FBI don't want to look like idiots either. I believe they would have cautioned MPD not to get ahead of themselves if they didn't have a pretty darned good case against BK.

Plus, talking heads are of questionable value, at least IMHO. They are primarily paid to say things that keep people tuning in for the next dramatic soundbite. How many times have we heard a teaser on the news, waited impatiently and the story turned out to be absolutely nothing? And talking heads are under no absolutely no obligation to make sense or be right. I'm thinking of the guy who said all they did was do a paternity test on garbage. :rolleyes:

Does anyone remember at what time the 3 point turn was made by the Elantra in front of the Kings Road house?
I remember seeing a forensics person, a woman, measuring tire tracks quite awhile after the murders. It struck me as odd at the time, given how many vehicles had been in and out by the time she did her work there and given the distance from the house, as I perceived the area.
In retrospect, video/Ring evidence must have identified the car there way early on.
Just at or after 4:04. Not really clear to me the exact time when I read the AA. JMO

page 7, sorry but I can't copy paste the paragraph

Hes there for 5 months and doesn't make 1 friend?
Nope. Too busy. Up nights. On WSU campus during the day. I'm wondering when he slept.

He was seen in some bars & coffee shops, I believe. Shopping in Moscow.

And stalking tends to be loner activity. Even those he chatted up at his apartments with mentions of getting together never took it to the level of actually meeting up. WSU contacts at school quoted in the media make him sound awkward & off-putting.

People who live inside their own heads most of the time don't have many, if any, friends.

My impression is that he's experienced social rejection a lot in his life over many years. Kinda kills the incentive to reach out in meaningful ways.

I'm not surprised by his lack of friends.

JMO

Here’s another source, a local news outlet:

thanks, already read his quote '
While speaking about the specific wording, Geragos said "that tells me that there's something there that they don't want out yet or something that they missed and they're afraid if it got out, there would be public, what I call, blowback."
"I will tell you, I've seen I can't tell you how many thousands of warrants that have been sealed, rarely have I seen one where the reason centered on the threat to law enforcement," Geragos added.'

Think Geragos may have made a mistake and the truth around the warrant being sealed is even simpler than he says. ( The language, the verbiage in the warrant was written and filed before BK was arrested)
I took the verbiage to mean that they didn't want BK to know they were coming to arrest him in the middle of the night in order to protect LE during the arrest. JMO

I took the verbiage to mean that they didn't want BK to know they were coming to arrest him in the middle of the night in order to protect LE during the arrest. JMO
that's right. also to not tip BK off & preserve as much evidence as possible
A few lawyers have tried to explain this after the quotes were highlighted.
3 simultaneous 'swoops', maximum secrecy ( apartment, office, parents home)

Apparently the warrants will be unsealed shortly

here's the full quote. Geragos missed an important word

the order to seal explained:
'Premature public disclosure of the details of this law enforcement investigation will create serious and imminent threat to effective law enforcement and could result in the premature end of this investigation which could create a threat to public safety.'

play 'spot the difference'

what G says in that msm link I was replying to
"I will tell you, I've seen I can't tell you how many thousands of warrants that have been sealed, rarely have I seen one where the reason centered on the threat to law enforcement," Geragos added.'

Last edited:
Has it been determined that was actually blood? I can't believe it was, because I don't understand how blood spilled inside a room of a house, even a lot of blood, could can find its way through interior walls, into the wall cavity, and past moisture barriers, insulation, etc and then penetrate to the outside. If true that's a very poorly maintained house, IMO, and probably in bad need of repair. Also any opening allowing blood spilled inside a house to seep through walls, insulation, etc, and exit the house's exterior would provide a way for animal's such as rats, mice, as well as insects, to enter the house.
Quoting myself as it might help.
Ghostwheel said:
I saw this before, but some of what the coroner said was walked back. Obviously the students weren't likely sleeping as it turns out, and least one of them wasn't unless Xana was an eat and pass out asleep kind of person (could happen). IMO, the coroner spoke before she should have, so I don't trust anything she opined.

The link you gave had no information about the drips on the side of the house that I could find, though.

ETA: This interview has a longer version of the interview. It has what you are looking for around 5:06
Video: Coroner speaks after autopsy of slain University of Idaho students | Daily Mail Online

The coroner had not tested it, she was going by her visual observation (Reporter Question: "Does this seem congruent with the results of the crime scene that you were able to ascertain from your work?" Answer:" From my observations, yes."), so not actually confirmed. I don't know if it has ever been confirmed yet.

that's right. also to not tip BK off & preserve as much evidence as possible
A few lawyers have tried to explain this after the quotes were highlighted.
3 simultaneous 'swoops', maximum secrecy ( apartment, office, parents home)

Apparently the warrants will be unsealed shortly
And the end of the investigation part might be LE thinking he might take his own life if he knew they were coming? MOO

No one here knows whether or not BK felt "justified" in allegedly killing the victims or felt any remorse afterward.
I think it likely he did feel some degree of remorse. Because he let the remaining housemate who saw him live. Showing he wasn't prepared for the intensity of killing people up close and personal with a knife, hearing their cries, struggles, whimpers, etc, not once but 4 times.... By that point, he had had enough--How do I know? He walked right by the housemate who stood petrified in fear of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artem1