ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 65

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol.. when I hear or see the word Chloroform my mind goes straight to frogs .
Just my opinion. Also confirms my own speculation that people, myself included, can view things differently or have different interpretations of words. My opinion
IMO, I think Chloral Hydrate tablets were referred to as “ Mickey Finns” back in the 1960s as in “I slipped you a Mickey”

In a clinical setting, it would be but apparently, the concept of pouring some on a cloth and knocking someone out quickly may be a myth and it is my understanding it can be detected in an autopsy.

Plus, he didn't need it.

These crimes are pretty uncomplicated as to means IMO. As someone pointed out in a response to my last post on the subject, a Ka-Bar knife is 7 inches long. That striking any vital organ quickly weakens or kills a victim. And we know they were stabbed multiple times :(

JMHO

Plus, he didn't need it.

This crime is pretty uncomplicated as to means IMO. As someone pointed out in a response to my last post on the subject, a Ka-Bar knife is 7 inches long. That striking any vital organ quickly weakens or kills a victim.

JMHO
Agreed.

Graphic :

Very brutal and imo (sorry to type this) it wasn't a swift, merciful death !
More like bleeding out slowly and unable to grab a phone or even scream for help.
I'm sorry for what the victims endured !

Makes me so angry at the perp.
If BK is convicted, most likely he'll die of old age behind bars.
A peaceful passing.
Guess that's better than being set free on a technicality.
But still.
Imo.

Last edited:
If he did murder the students could it be that he didn't start out with that in mind and maybe he was just imagining what it would be like to plan a murder. But then something set him off and he lost control and in a compulsive rage ended up in a fit of desperation murdering four people. Not even following what partial plan he was working on? Becoming so careless he gave no thought to the consequences of his actions. Thus leaving a trail of breadcrumbs of incriminating evidence behind that would seal his fate. I guess what I'm trying to say is that maybe he never intended for things to go that far. I'm reaching for an explanation for his carelessness because I believe he knew better than to set himself up like he did. JMO
I definately think something like that is possible.

If he did murder the students could it be that he didn't start out with that in mind and maybe he was just imagining what it would be like to plan a murder. But then something set him off and he lost control and in a compulsive rage ended up in a fit of desperation murdering four people. Not even following what partial plan he was working on? Becoming so careless he gave no thought to the consequences of his actions. Thus leaving a trail of breadcrumbs of incriminating evidence behind that would seal his fate. I guess what I'm trying to say is that maybe he never intended for things to go that far. I'm reaching for an explanation for his carelessness because I believe he knew better than to set himself up like he did. JMO
It might be he (allegedly) was in a "frenzy", lost contact with reality and forgot caution.

Reality crashed the next day, together with anxiety and terror about the lost sheath.

From this moment, I guess, he realized he was living "on borrowed time".

But, of course, I might be wrong.

JMO

He must have thought his car would not be identified maybe...so he wasn't planning on police ever getting as far as IDing his phone,and if they did...well it wasn't pinging at time of crime. Possibly? IMO. That's why I keep returning again and again to his drive by activities 3.29 to 4.04am Nov 13.
You said this better than I have been trying to!

What was going on with BK from 1:04 pm to 5:30pm 11/13/22 and then We know per PCA phone turned off 5:30-8:30pm. Any ideas where he was and what he was doing after Albertsons, Kate’s cup of Joe area? Did he go off by the River, park and take a nap? Wake up turn off his phone to get rid of evidence? There’s a couple scrap metal (knife Stainless Steel) recycling businesses in Clarkston, WA and across river in What was going on with BK from 1:04 pm to 5:30pm 11/13/22 and then We know per AA phone turned off 5:30-8:30. Any ideas where he was and what he was doing after Albertsons, Kate’s cup of Joe area? Did he go off by the River, park and take a nap? Wake up turn off his phone to get rid of evidence? From Clarkston, WA. cross Memorial Bridge and there is a couple scrap metal recycling businesses Pacific Steel and Recycling and Sutton Salvage and Valley Waste Disposal Landfill all in Lewiston, ID.

I think he tossed the knife in the Snake River, if he disposed of it near Clarkston. Scrap metal company too risky.

He had to dispose of his clothes, shoes, knife, mask and any plastic that he used to protect his car from blood, possibly even seat covers.

If he had not planned in advanced with bags to contain these items, then I'll look at this crime differently.

It's possible he took a nap. But he certainly was turning off his phone for the evidence disposal, IMO. Several different bodies of water would be possible. He would have needed something to weight his bags, though, and the bags would need to be sturdy as clothing items might get loose and then be found.

It almost sounds as if he drove home the first time while perhaps disposing of *some* evidence, then went home, cleaned up, went back out again around 9 am, and then made the same circuit and disposed of more evidence (perhaps some items from home?)

Whatever the case, I'm finding it hard to believe that he didn't leave blood evidence of some kind in his car or in his home (if he showered there).

There are showers at an RV Park just steps from Kate's Cup of Joe, but I seriously doubt he was brazen enough to go use them (most places make you show ID and pay for a shower, for safety reasons, but who knows about this one).

With the gag order in the place and the next hearing not scheduled for months, is there any hope of new factually confirmed information on the case?
We might see new documents uploaded here :

If you click on “case summary “ you’ll see a few items were added on 1/13. These particular ones are likely sealed from the public.

JMO

I think he tossed the knife in the Snake River, if he disposed of it near Clarkston. Scrap metal company too risky.

He had to dispose of his clothes, shoes, knife, mask and any plastic that he used to protect his car from blood, possibly even seat covers.

If he had not planned in advanced with bags to contain these items, then I'll look at this crime differently.

It's possible he took a nap. But he certainly was turning off his phone for the evidence disposal, IMO. Several different bodies of water would be possible. He would have needed something to weight his bags, though, and the bags would need to be sturdy as clothing items might get loose and then be found.

It almost sounds as if he drove home the first time while perhaps disposing of *some* evidence, then went home, cleaned up, went back out again around 9 am, and then made the same circuit and disposed of more evidence (perhaps some items from home?)

Whatever the case, I'm finding it hard to believe that he didn't leave blood evidence of some kind in his car or in his home (if he showered there).

There are showers at an RV Park just steps from Kate's Cup of Joe, but I seriously doubt he was brazen enough to go use them (most places make you show ID and pay for a shower, for safety reasons, but who knows about this one).
bbm
I'm guessing they used "luminol" in both places ?

There isn't really, unless you're a clinician, unfortunately. Every field has its own gold standard diagnostic book, but the DSM is the only one that the public feels at ease using to diagnose everything. No one ever picks up Harrison's to understand the diagnostic criteria of a pulmonary embolism or aortic aneurysm. It's probably because they think psych disorders go strictly by the criteria laid out in the DSM, but they actually don't. That criteria misses the nuance involved. You can check all the boxes the DSM mentions and still not have the disorder it's describing. You can also check very few of the boxes and still have the disorder despite the book saying you don't meet criteria. All of that is lost when its used to "understand behavior" by people who don't study the discipline it's intended for. There's been nothing that suggests that BK has any condition listed in the DSM and parsing out symptoms listed in there is problematic.

I completely agree, although I would add that DSM is also used by researchers and not just clinicians.

There's absolutely no way that someone can understand DSM without working under psychiatric professors who teach it, IMO. Even then, in all my years of research, there were always debates among psychiatrists about diagnosis (we were trying to do genetic and other bio research on patients in certain diagnostic categories, so it was pretty important that we had them in the right categories). It was frequently helpful (said the psychiatrists) to have an account of how some patients were actually living day to day, how they functioned outside the clinic. We also needed to find untreated people with the right diagnosis (we found a lot of the people were seeking living homeless in downtown L.A.; not easy to get them to participate in any research though).

If convicted, BK won't have an easy time of it behind bars.
It's one thing to stab four innocent helpless people who have prob. had no defensive training, aka military/SEALS, etc.--- and being housed in gen. pop. with other inmates who may be bigger and tougher than him.
M00.
Won't he be kept in solitary?

IMO, is it possible that BK was looking for somebody other than the roommates?

I'm sure anything is possible but I would be more inclined to think he was running through his mental preparations/plan, working up the courage to execute his plan or waiting for lights to be turned off as a signal that his intended victim(s) were asleep.

It might be he (allegedly) was in a "frenzy", lost contact with reality and forgot caution.

Reality crashed the next day, together with anxiety and terror about the lost sheath.

From this moment, I guess, he realized he was living "on borrowed time".

But, of course, I might be wrong.

JMO

Although not a popular opinion, I think he cleaned the knife sheath ahead of time and deliberately planted it on the bed. I think he did it to make it "the knife sheath murders". Planning on leaving NO DNA on it. And then do another similar murder at some point in the future.

Most people think him doing that would be a truly stupid move. And I agree! But remember, he thinks he is an expert in criminological investigations.

The Bozo the Clown move he made was that when he cleaned it (probably with isopropyl alcohol), he did a wipe down instead of a dunking the whole sheath in solution. Normally, there would be DNA all over that sheath, everywhere.

I'll eat my words if my guess is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member