ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Died in Apparent Homicide, Moscow, 13 Nov 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moscow police appear to be searching for a “Rambo”-style knife involved in the killing of four University of Idaho students, a store manager said Wednesday.

Scott Jutte, general manager of Moscow Building Supply, told the Idaho Statesman that police have visited the store more than once to ask whether the retailer sold anyone KA-BAR brand knives, which are also known as Kabar or K bar knives. KA-BAR, of Olean, New York, manufactures military-grade blades that were originally designed for use by American troops in World War II.

<snip>

“They were specifically asking whether or not we carry KA-BAR-style knives, which we do not,” Jutte said in an interview. “If we did, we could’ve reviewed surveillance footage. But it wasn’t something I could help them with.”
Read more at: https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/local/crime/article268833397.html#storylink=cpy

Attachments

• 3C6CE0EC-A6F5-4339-B306-26EB1C80D8BD.jpeg
    3C6CE0EC-A6F5-4339-B306-26EB1C80D8BD.jpeg
    24.6 KB · Views: 22
AND what about that 911 call??? WHO and where was that call made?
I was under the assumption that it was made by the person who called 911, about an unconscious person ?
After they found one of the victims?
As far as the unconscious bit, most people want to think someone has been hurt, even if severely -- as most people's minds don't want to go to murder.
Imo.

In the food truck video, it looks like one of the girls took a selfie and some video, so she may have captured some of the scene that night or comments the two girls were making on her phone, even if she didn't post anything yet.

As for my own thoughts and speculation:

• With such a narrow time of death, I have to assume that LE must have some evidence pointing to that time frame. Maybe video of someone entering and subsequently exiting the residence?

• Since it was a weekend, I would guess that the other two roommates must have been elsewhere -- maybe they lived close enough that they'd go home on the weekends, or they were staying with other friends. It is curious to me, though, that the friend who found them was not one of the other roommates who lived there.

• Stabbing is definitely a more personal murder method, and with LE statements about it being a targeted attack, I definitely think there could have been some sort of stalker/personal vendetta situation against one of the victims, and it's possible the culprit killed the others just to buy themselves extra time before the victim would be found.

• MM's social media shows her dog, Murphy, who seemed to be with her in recent photos. I wonder if the poor pup was killed as well :(
they usually say if the dog was killed... well i guess it would depend the jurisdiction.

They come in at the top right part of the screen pretty quickly - within the first couple of minutes. They are on the video(s - there seem to be two angles available) for the entire rest of the video(s). One of them is stumbling drunk, IMO; she ends up leaning up against the food truck (seemingly) to hold herself up. The other woman does not seem to have difficulty standing/walking.
thank you!

If anyone could tell me how someone(s) can kill 4 people at a bloody crime scene:
But:
Not be in custody
Not be a threat to the community

Is that even possible?

Exactly!! I will stop believing this individual(s) isn’t a threat to the general public, if the police chief takes the guy home with him, introduces the guy to his family and let’s him spend the night in his house, instead of that nasty old jail cell, as he awaits trial.

It’s total complete hogwash to claim this person isn’t a threat. Heck people who have done things, that aren’t nearly as bad as this are a threat. If they weren’t a threat, the police wouldn’t carry handcuffs and they’d let the armed robbers, that didn’t kill anybody, ride up front, in the car, on the way to jail.

Not a threat, my foot. I suppose they think breast cancer, heart disease and drunk drivers aren’t a threat, either.

Human behavior is impossible to predict. He’s already killed four people. To say he isn’t a threat is akin to saying David Berkowitz is no longer a threat., because he’s been incarcerated for 40 plus years. So we should just turn the Son of Sam loose? That’s a chance I’m not willing to take.

In the food truck video, it looks like one of the girls took a selfie and some video, so she may have captured some of the scene that night or comments the two girls were making on her phone, even if she didn't post anything yet.
Almost forgot -- have the victim's phones been recovered ?
I have been trying to catch up on earlier posts, but didn't see this mentioned ?

Or-how often was the code changed? Since it is a rental, many may have had the code at one time or another!
Ok you all have convinced me, my landlord makes me keep a key in a lock box hanging on my door... that key is coming out of that box tonight! I think it is a very good possibility that code has not been changed and you were great to point this out. they just rented it a few months ago... not sure I think it happened that way but absolutely a possibility.

I suspect LE also checked with Tri-State for the KA-BAR style knife. Tri-State would actually be the first place I'd go if I was looking for hunting equipment. I've bought many pairs of hiking boots there, plus my kayak and other outdoor equipment. And they DO have Security Cameras there, as signs are posted at the entrance.

Almost forgot -- have the victim's phones been recovered ?
I have been trying to catch up on earlier posts, but didn't see this mentioned ?
We're lucky to even know they were stabbed at this point. We know nothing about the crime scene, or details involving the investigation, at least from official sources.

I was thinking this, too. At the very least, if her phone was pointed at her friend, she would have at least caught his voice a good amount since he was talking to the other guy so much. Such a heartbreaking story and a chilling video, even if he doesn't have anything to do with what happened to them later.

Moscow police appear to be searching for a “Rambo”-style knife involved in the killing of four University of Idaho students, a store manager said Wednesday.

Scott Jutte, general manager of Moscow Building Supply, told the Idaho Statesman that police have visited the store more than once to ask whether the retailer sold anyone KA-BAR brand knives, which are also known as Kabar or K bar knives. KA-BAR, of Olean, New York, manufactures military-grade blades that were originally designed for use by American troops in World War II.

<snip>

“They were specifically asking whether or not we carry KA-BAR-style knives, which we do not,” Jutte said in an interview. “If we did, we could’ve reviewed surveillance footage. But it wasn’t something I could help them with.”
Read more at: https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/local/crime/article268833397.html#storylink=cpy
Wondering if part of it broke off during the attack.

Was this a new residence for the inhabitants or had they been living there prior to this school year?

Just wondering if someone was evicted recently to make room for this current group.

Maybe the LL didn’t change the code when new renters moved in.

MOO
I have a keypad door lock and I know you can program it with up to eight codes at any given time.

playing devils advocate here, what if the unconscious person was actually an unconscious person and that is the believed suspect, but I think I read here that the unconscious person was actually one of the victims?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper