ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Died in Apparent Homicide, Moscow, 13 Nov 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is, they began the investigation by telling people that the crime was 'isolated' ie wasn't likely to happen again, based on evidence the victims had been 'targeted'.

In other words, they implied that they were confident they knew the 'motive' for the killing.

Now it turns out, they don't have a suspect.

How can you have a motive without a suspect?

Genuine question btw, not being rhetorical.
They have not “arrested” or “revealed” a suspect. Doesn’t mean they aren’t working a hypothesis.

The house is built into a hillside. The lower level is ground level at the street. The middle floor is level with the ground in the back and has a cement patio off the kitchen sliding door. The top level has a wood deck that sits above the middle level cement patio.
Wait, which is ground level? The lower or the middle?

This is all speculation, but what makes most sense IMO is that either Madison and Kaylee OR Xana and Ethan were followed home or somehow targeted for attack. IMO, it makes most sense if it was Madison and Kaylee on their trip back from the food truck.

I know Kaylee's sister said she took the dog out -- not sure if this was just her routine so her sister is assuming, or if she was maybe seen on video footage taking the dog out. Maybe someone followed the girls home and was waiting outside for a chance to get into the house. Maybe they entered after they took the dog out, or maybe (more likely IMO) they waited for the lights to go out and then entered.

I think it's most likely that the intruder entered on the second floor and attacked either Kaylee or Madison in a bedroom room there, which was heard by Ethan who tried to go to the rescue, running into the intruder himself. The intruder would then have been able to attack the other two victims as well.

Or maybe Kaylee and Madison made it home first, took the dog out, and went to bed. Then Ethan and Xana had someone follow them into the home or enter soon after they arrived. Maybe Ethan was still in the general living space and tried to fight, or heard something while he was in bed and decided to check it out.

I think it's completely reasonable that the surviving girls were in the bedrooms on the ground floor and just weren't found or had their doors locked. I think it's reasonable that they might have slept with a white noise machine or with headphones in and just didn't hear anything.

This is one of the most disturbing cases I've ever heard. Hoping for a quick arrest.
could the killer have knocked, ethan answered, and that’s when he was attacked?

This is exactly my thought. The two roommates weren't killed because they were on a different floor and the killer possibly didn't know they were there.
That might suggest that the killer was not acquainted with the victims, or at least not very familiar with them or their home if the killer did not know 5 females lived there.

Me too.

I was in school at UF during the Gainesville murders and it was thought that the killer (later known to be Danny Rolling) entered at least one of the apartments via a sliding glass door.

My apartment had one and my roommates and I were terrified. We were also about half a mile from the last murders.

I have never lived in a home with sliding glass doors since.
Awful, I am so sorry.

i agree, I wish they wouldn’t have made it seem so suspicious during the press conference if the two girls were not involved in the murders. It really seems like they could have clarified they weren’t suspects.
The chief seemed really out of his league on this one, and no disrespect intended, Moscow is 25k people. Pretty small town.

They were all out partying Saturday night. Maddie and Kaylee at bar, Ethan and Xana at party. So let's assume there was some level of non-sobriety. The place looks like 2 stories, maybe the bottom has 2 br and the upstairs is where the other 2 were. Easy access to bottom, killer didn't want to take time or wasn't targeting the 2 upstairs.
My understanding is 3 floor; 6 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms

Like I had posted earlier, no forced entry to me doesn't necessarily mean they were invited in or had the door opened for them. It happens sometimes that people forget to a lock a door or a window. Not pointing fingers at anyone - mistakes happen. Perhaps they weren't in bed yet and locking up was part of the bedtime routine. MOO
I always hate when it’s deduced that a victim must know their attacker when there are no signs of forced entry.

I watched the segment of these food truck video, both girls seemed under the influence of something, one more than the other. Could definitely see one (or TWO) men following them back to their house.

House with 6 roommates generates a (now clearly false) sense of security. One or two people might be more security oriented.

Anyone in a room with music on or drunk and passed out wouldn't necessarily hear anything. Some people could sleep through a tornado.

6 people in a house means prior parties were likely. How big is unknown, but lots of known guests and unknown party crashers would be on the list.

Could be someone at the bar where they worked seeing them later and (apparently) drunk.

Could someone have slipped one or both roofies then followed them to the food truck and then home? How long will tox screen take?

Read elsewhere that drugs were very common at this school (anecdotal) but also common at high schools.

Maybe one of the four made a late night drug buy?

All IMO, moo

Side note: Daily Mail has become disgraceful in their "news" coverage. Something has changed in the past couple months, like a new crew of trashy sensationalist writers. Was a fun read, now it's mostly repulsive. Moo

The fact they were killed a little bit after they were home also makes me think it was someone following them that night . I wonder why without doing an autopsy they assume it was the specific time of 3-4 . I wonder if any 911 calls were made from victims and it didn’t go through . They can only kill one person at a time and you would think out of 6 people in the house atlesst someone would have heard someone bieng killed and would have attempted to call the police . I don’t know if anyone mentioned this but I’m wondering if the house and how bedrooms are located . I heard there are two bedrooms on each level . Since Ethan seemed to have been killed on the level of the entrance were the other two bedrooms underneath the main floor ? As I’m more of a basement style level ? Or was the point of entry the absolute lowest level ?

They were all out partying Saturday night. Maddie and Kaylee at bar, Ethan and Xana at party. So let's assume there was some level of non-sobriety. The place looks like 2 stories, maybe the bottom has 2 br and the upstairs is where the other 2 were. Easy access to bottom, killer didn't want to take time or wasn't targeting the 2 upstairs.
My understanding is 3 floors; 6 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, so were there 5 people living there or 6?

The fact they were killed a little bit after they were home also makes me think it was someone following them that night . I wonder why without doing an autopsy they assume it was the specific time of 3-4 . I wonder if any 911 calls were made from victims and it didn’t go through . They can only kill one person at a time and you would think out of 6 people in the house atlesst someone would have heard someone bieng killed and would have attempted to call the police . I don’t know if anyone mentioned this but I’m wondering if the house and how bedrooms are located . I heard there are two bedrooms on each level . Since Ethan seemed to have been killed on the level of the entrance were the other two bedrooms underneath the main floor ? As I’m more of a basement style level ? Or was the point of entry the absolute lowest level ?
posted a pic of the house but yeah looks like 3 levels, split into a hillside. check it out on google maps. 1122 king road moscow id

The chief seemed really out of his league on this one, and no disrespect intended, Moscow is 25k people. Pretty small town.
Effective today, and maybe earlier, they have Aaron Snell @ Idaho State Police to lead comms. This is very good, he’s an experienced crisis comms guy. They are clearly trying and that’s a good use of a partner organization’s skill set.

I'm still hung up on how the perpetrator gained entry into the home. There was a keypad at the front door but does this also mean there was a home security system that would have alarmed if someone tried to force entry through a window or door? It's been said here the girls were religious about always locking up at night. It seems most likely that the perp knew the key code, knew the layout if the residence, and gained access through the front door. This person knew who his target was and this victim would have sustained the worst injuries during a prolonged attack. The other possibility might be that there was a blitz-type of attack while one of the girls was outside with the dog. It's possible they have a solid suspect who quickly left town and the FBI was given the task of tracking him down. I'm probably totally wrong but we are going on practically no facts in this case which I actually prefer. I want to see this scum successfully tried in a court of law where the actual facts will be presented rather than jeopardizing the case by leaking evidence to the press.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dylanfoxx