ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Died in Apparent Homicide, Moscow, 13 Nov 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All MOO

What if the killer was some kind of psycho incel type that wanted to murder the girls. They were cute, popular, sorority girls. He went there planning to go room by room and slash each throat. With a knife that size, it would be over quickly. I’m thinking these poor people could have been nearly decapitated. If their vocal cords were cut, they would not have been able to scream. However, he was not expecting the boyfriend to be there. He was just expecting the girls. Maybe he hit the first 2, then encountered the boyfriend and his plan was cut short. He managed to get those 4 and took off.

That sliding door gave me the creeps.
Me too.

I was in school at UF during the Gainesville murders and it was thought that the killer (later known to be Danny Rolling) entered at least one of the apartments via a sliding glass door.

My apartment had one and my roommates and I were terrified. We were also about half a mile from the last murders.

I have never lived in a home with sliding glass doors since.

We're lucky to even know they were stabbed at this point. We know nothing about the crime scene, or details involving the investigation, at least from official sources.
<modsnip - not an approved source>
In reading the description of the home, there are two bedrooms and a bath on each floor. In my mind, I'm imagining not much being on that first floor other than two bedrooms, the bath, and a stairwell going up to the middle floor, where there are two other bedrooms, a bath, and likely the kitchen and living room. And then two more bedrooms and a bath on the 3rd level.
It's entirely plausible that the two unharmed roommates are in the first level bedrooms near the front door. The majority, if not all, of my bedroom doors in my college apartments had locks on them, just to maintain privacy when you don't always know who your roommate might be bringing home, etc. So maybe that's the case here and maybe that's why they are alive. It's also very plausible that they, too, were intoxicated. Maybe they didn't hear a dang thing and, if that's true, it's probably why they are alive. Maybe they heard something but dismissed it due to their intoxicated states, which possibly provides the estimated time of death. Or maybe they even saw something or someone come in but dismissed it due to their intoxicated state. Then maybe they remembered something in the morning and either found the scene themselves OR called someone to be with them when they came out of their room because they realized, when they were sober, that something was amiss the night before. That would explain the "a friend called 911" comment made by Ethan's mom. Regardless, I don't fault the police for keeping their identities or the circumstances of the 911 call private right now.
In addition to all this, someone with a bedroom on the ground floor might be more inclined to lock their
In reading the description of the home, there are two bedrooms and a bath on each floor. In my mind, I'm imagining not much being on that first floor other than two bedrooms, the bath, and a stairwell going up to the middle floor, where there are two other bedrooms, a bath, and likely the kitchen and living room. And then two more bedrooms and a bath on the 3rd level.
It's entirely plausible that the two unharmed roommates are in the first level bedrooms near the front door. The majority, if not all, of my bedroom doors in my college apartments had locks on them, just to maintain privacy when you don't always know who your roommate might be bringing home, etc. So maybe that's the case here and maybe that's why they are alive. It's also very plausible that they, too, were intoxicated. Maybe they didn't hear a dang thing and, if that's true, it's probably why they are alive. Maybe they heard something but dismissed it due to their intoxicated states, which possibly provides the estimated time of death. Or maybe they even saw something or someone come in but dismissed it due to their intoxicated state. Then maybe they remembered something in the morning and either found the scene themselves OR called someone to be with them when they came out of their room because they realized, when they were sober, that something was amiss the night before. That would explain the "a friend called 911" comment made by Ethan's mom. Regardless, I don't fault the police for keeping their identities or the circumstances of the 911 call private right now.
In addition to all this, I can imagine those with bedrooms on the ground floor might be more inclined to lock their bedroom doors, perhaps use some type of white noise to drown out upstairs noise, maybe even have a separate entrance if the ground floor was originally meant for household staff. I have not seen the layout of the house.

I’m not suggesting those who were killed were careless about locking their doors. They may have been in a common area or getting ready for bed, the killer might have been among them and snapped, there may be a culture of unlocked doors that is very normalized and not careless, etc. My point is only that women on the ground floor are often more security conscious due to heightened vulnerability.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if the fraternity/sorority factor could play a bigger part in this crime. Possibly someone was kicked out or they were planning on kicking someone out. People take these groups very seriously and there’s a lot of pressure to be a part of “The Gang”. Or maybe something in the initiation process. Maybe something went too far along the way and triggered someone?

Good point! I would also look at who rushed the frat/sorority and didn’t get a bid, or perhaps got a bid, but it wasn’t the bid they wanted.

You are certainly right. Many young people take their affiliations very seriously. Some look in the mirror, and see a failure, unfortunately, if they aren’t in a particular group.

I'm still shocked the other roommates were home. My goodness. Were they asleep on a different floor and slept through the attacks? Woke up to a murder scene? Oh my gosh, I can't even imagine going through that.
Asleep, maybe. More likely passed out cold. No judgement. Been there, done that. Probably still asleep when the police came to the door. I think it was them pictured outside in PJ's and emergency blankets in one of the news clips. MOO.

I think it's fair to think that the two room mates were genuinely asleep. Some leave music playing while sleeping. It seems many even sleep with headphones on.
i agree, I wish they wouldn’t have made it seem so suspicious during the press conference if the two girls were not involved in the murders. It really seems like they could have clarified they weren’t suspects.

Ethan's mom in her interview said a friend called 911, but she never said it wasn't a roommate. The roommates were all friends so that doesn't mean it wasn't a roommate.
Actually, she DID say that the friend who called 911 did not reside at the home, at least according to the MSM report I linked to earlier in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dylanfoxx