ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Died in Apparent Homicide - Moscow #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have children at WSU in Pullman. It is only just across the border. Nov 11-13 was the fall parents weekend. Hotels and airbnbs were pretty much sold out for months (I had booked mine in Pullman back in March!)

With Moscow being so close, plenty of parents end up booking hotels there. Based on the WSU parents group always having posts about people desperate to find a place to stay, I’m pretty confident in saying that hotels in Moscow were likely completely full.

The shelter in place on Sunday went out to WSU students as well. All it said was that there had been a homicide in Moscow, and then it was lifted fairly quickly. We had no idea the magnitude of what had happened until we woke up and saw the news while getting ready to leave Pullman Monday morning.
Wow booked back in March, I saw WSU close by on the map and from mention herein and with a home game also in Moscow vs. UC Davis on 11/12, all hotels (and there is not many) both locations had to be full capacity. With a potential timeline of 4-6AM perp leaving the crime scene, I was thinking along the lines of possible sighting on camera of of anything unusual in appearance of persons returning to a hotel at this hour, many possibilities of course, but this is one I thought of and at that TOD probably not too many returning to their room.

IMO
I really feel for the 2 survivor roommates. I would be immediately thinking about Amanda Knox. I hope they are young enough/not crime sleuths to know about this case.
I don't find it unusual in any way that they could've slept through all of it. Being on a separate floor, especially if it was Floor 1, which is offset from the rest of the house, and having their own bathroom, would make it easy to sleep/stay in bed all morning.
As far as the dog is concerned, I hope he's ok, and I have to believe if the sister said they took the dog out that night, maybe she was on the phone/facetime/texting when this happened.

In the new DM article, a neighbor says that the location of the murders was a party house with lots of people coming in and out. That is probably a nightmare for LE at this point.
5 beautiful, young women living in an off campus apartment, I'm sure there was a lot of activity in and out. The girls seemed quite social and enjoyable. The suspects are endless at this point IMO, we know so little. I think cellphone data and social media will be very helpful here.

MOO

A couple of my click observations on the ‘no risk to the public’ stance by the police while I’m skimming through this at work:

My guess is the police probably received a behavioral assessment from the FBI within the first 24 hours that said this was a ‘crime of passion’ and the perpetrator ‘targeted’ the house/group; that’s why the police initially responded that there wasn’t a ‘perceived danger to the broader public’. Both sides assume the risk is low from the empirical track record of those assessments.

In addition to that, this investigation is further handcuffed by students fleeing the area. Potential witnesses/suspects are scattering around the state/country and may not be reachable until December or January. The police have every incentive to calm the public and keep them in town for the sake of the case.

Right or wrong, I think that may be LE’s angle.

Last edited:
JMO, I think the 2 girls who were killed were living in the 2 rooms in the basement and the murdered couple were on the main floor in a bedroom. The 2 roommates that were spared were on the top level bedrooms. I think it was a male and female that lived on the top floor because that is a possibility since LE never confirmed the gender.
The other two roomates are women.

To me:
It seems like a crime of opportunity to me because I think the killer watched them arriving home and maybe did not know the other girls were even there.
Don't think there would have been 4 targets... maybe 1 or 2 but the couple were likely killed because they were there. IMO
I do like the anger/resentment/rejection angle posted before. Don't know tho if it was from that night or sometime before.
These days you can't piss off anyone... just ignoring, laughing at, making comments about, etc can cause someone to lose their cool and kill ya.

Careful on that road rage y'all.

I have children at WSU in Pullman. It is only just across the border. Nov 11-13 was the fall parents weekend. Hotels and airbnbs were pretty much sold out for months (I had booked mine in Pullman back in March!)

With Moscow being so close, plenty of parents end up booking hotels there. Based on the WSU parents group always having posts about people desperate to find a place to stay, I’m pretty confident in saying that hotels in Moscow were likely completely full.

The shelter in place on Sunday went out to WSU students as well. All it said was that there had been a homicide in Moscow, and then it was lifted fairly quickly. We had no idea the magnitude of what had happened until we woke up and saw the news while getting ready to leave Pullman Monday morning.
Welcome to WS @Yankee JAD. Not the memory you wanted to end parents' weekend with -- sorry about that.

I recall Ethan Chapin's parents stating they had attended parents' weekend for their 3 children (triplets) in Moscow the week prior to the murders. So sad to think about. :(

5 beautiful, young women living in an off campus apartment, I'm sure there was a lot of activity in and out. The girls seemed quite social and enjoyable. The suspects are endless at this point IMO, we know so little. I think cellphone data and social media will be very helpful here.

MOO
The suspect list is endless and I'm sure includes every single fraternity brother of Ethan's due to proximity and the impression that the code to get in the house was common knowledge to everyone. How upsetting.

MOO
Totally agree. Technology is going to come up big in this case. I'm sure there is so much to go through as well.

In the food truck video, we see Kaylee taking video and/or photos of Madison, plenty more where that came from.

I’ve hunted bear and deer my whole life and I’ve never cut myself dressing in the field as we keep our knives sharp and we are careful and steady.

If this were a frenzied attack with a KA-BAR, unless in the hands of someone very skilled, I can’t imagine them walking away unscathed. The size of the knife would also factor in.
Ethan’s gf Xana was one of the victims. Police said it was not a murder/ suicide all 4 were brutally murdered

I’m sorry, doesn’t the DailyMail need permission to post the pictures of the surviving roommates? They even went and published pictures of them by themselves. Is this legal? B’s Instagram account has been private at least since this morning and D’s Instagram account is gone at least since early today. This is vile. They are not celebrities and weren’t identified as suspects or POI’s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces