ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that possibility may still be open. His comment to LE asking if he was the only arrest is interesting. I'm sure it could be just a pre-thought out rabbit trail, but it's also possible he was encouraged/inspired/assisted by someone. A potential accomplice wouldn't have had to be physically involved in the crime, but could have helped to plan it, etc. <modsnip>

The idea of someone else does stay in my mind.
We have heard nothing about any ability to use knives.
We do know that he sought out criminals to study criminal behavior.

I could see a possible scenario where a little team of two were getting their jollies by being together.

i don't think the boxing can be used to strengthen ability to work with knives. I want to hear someone connect this to him.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope his DNA was found in a place in the house where reasonable doubt can't be invoked.
Absolutely agree. If his connection with victims is only through social media, hence hard to prove, then DNA will be (perhaps) the only factor to convict him. Although, there is a hope they find some victims DNA inside the car, too.

I've waffled from the beginning wondering if this was a first murder or not.

Until I see an arrest, I'm now going with first.

It may be as simple as choosing WSU because it's basically across the country from his home. Although that Moscow - Moscow idea kind of bothers me. From previous posts, there is a Moscow PA not far from his home.

I'm starting to feel like his survey was his idea of due diligence in studying Murder 101. Let's see where they succeeded and where they failed and plan accordingly.

While the glaring question "did that originally unknown DNA match any other unknowns in any database?" hasn't been answered, so far it's "no".

All JMO

Kohberger intends to waive his extradition hearing to expedite his transport to Idaho, Monroe County Chief Public Defender Jason LaBar said in a statement to CNN on Saturday.

“Mr. Kohberger is eager to be exonerated of these charges and looks forward to resolving these matters as promptly as possible,” LaBar said.

IMO:
No doubt that he is going to enjoy the show. This is his Phase 2 of the crime -torturing the families, friends, and social group in general. And, continuing to demonstrate his “knowledge and skills”. I am certain that he is “eager” for this performance.

I agree. I have my DNA in a genetic /genealogy database. Only the guilty have something to fear imo.
Not really. It took me while to trust gedmatch again after they violated their own TOS in 2019. I did not opt-in until I felt comfortable that they were not violating their TOS. It took me almost 2 years to trust them again.

Here we go, he was, indeed tracked all the way to Pennsilvania

'Authorities carefully tracked the man charged in the killings of four Idaho college students as he drove across the country around Christmas and continued surveilling him for several days before finally arresting him Friday, sources tell CNN.'

I really dislike unnamed sources. I’ve seen so much misinformation; it makes me skeptical when coming from an unnamed source.

But from the same article, BKs public defender is quoted:

Kohberger intends to waive his extradition hearing to expedite his transport to Idaho, Monroe County Chief Public Defender Jason LaBar said in a statement to CNN on Saturday.

“Mr. Kohberger is eager to be exonerated of these charges and looks forward to resolving these matters as promptly as possible,” LaBar said.

So, he’s going for “it wasn’t me”? Oh boy.

First & foremost God rest the souls of all 4 victims & God bless their families....also thanks to the detectives & police for doing a good job at catching this perp, DNA genealogy pays off once again.

I wonder how or why he targeted these 4 college students? Did he just pick this house of the blue.....I did see he had been pulled over in Moscow Idaho in August for not wearing a seat belt....was he stalking these students or the house itself preparing for what would happen.

If so, was he the stalker the girls were talking about? Was he rejected by one of the girls at a local bar? He only lived about 15-20 minutes from the victims house, so Im assuming hes visited Moscow quite a few times.

He was definitely fascinated with criminals & how their minds worked, possibly serial killers as well. Did he progress from burglary to murder or was this his first rodeo.....usually it would be odd for a killer to kill 4 people in the same house & for it to be their first time, but this may be the case with this guy.

The Golden State Killer progressed into murder over several years & so did may other killers in the past.....but maybe with the younger generation wanting instant gratification asap, he jumped right into murder, just speculating.

One thing that stands out is he drove his own car to the murder scene, or at least parked it right by the house supposedly.....usually killers/serial killers always make mistakes their first time, & driving his car their was a huge mistake. He also left DNA at the scene.....was it from the victims scratching at him & leaving his DNA under their nails, or possibly swiping at his head & grabbing some hair?

It was cold that night in Moscow, so im assuming he was covered neck to toe with long sleeve shirt & jacket/coat. Was he wearing a ski mask? I didnt see any scratches to his face in his mugshot. I could see the DNA coming from his own blood if his hand slipped & he cut himself.

As the days, weeks & months roll by, we will learn a lot more about him & this case.....

Imagine being a fly on the wall during his consultation with BK.

Well there goes my dream of his fessing up and not putting the families through more hell.
Maybe he will have a change of heart when he's presented with the evidence against him. That is the key job of a defense lawyer - review the evidence and make sure your client understands the state's case so they can make educated decisions about how to respond.

Sometimes your client is adamant that either THEY didn't do it or that what they did wasn't a crime (not applicable here) and it just takes laying out the evidence for them to start to see what they are up against. Bad facts are bad facts. Hopefully they have strong admissible evidence here.

The vegan angle got me thinking as it seems off for a vegan to own a huge hunting-type knife (if that is indeed what it is based on LE descriptions previously). I guess you could maybe cut tree bark with one of those, but really it is intended to kill, skin, and eat animal meat. So I guess we are assuming that because he doesn't eat animals it means he doesn't kill them. Is it possible he is vegan not because he wants to but because he has to? There is a tick bite that can make you allergic to meat, literally. Just a wild hypothesis.

There is also frequent comorbidity of schizophrenia and disordered eating (which this may or may not be...just here say from one person doesn't make it fact). I am NOT a mental health professional and am not attempting any type of diagnosis. MOO

Is it me or is it strange that a crime of this magnitude was his first act? He went from one parking ticket to this?

I think he did commit petty crimes and other strange anti-social behavior like peeping, and stalking (online then graduated to offline) but was NEVER caught. Think of all the criminals who weren't caught until their 5th or 6th victim of SA, never caught for B&E or peeping.

I suppose one could be born with them, but in my opinion (just my opinion, based on my readings) it would be something acquired pre-natally, and not something genetic that could be inherited. I think if that were the case, you'd see a lot of the condition running in families and might be able to predict it.
There is no one gene associated with it, but it does run in families

Well there goes my dream of his fessing up and not putting the families through more hell.
The good news is the quicker he gets back to Idaho, the quicker they release his probable cause affidavit.

Man arrested in Pennsylvania for killings of 4 University of Idaho students; suspect awaits extradition

“Latah County Prosecutor Bill Thompson said that the affidavit of probable cause, which contains the information supporting the criminal charges against Kohberger, was under seal and would not be released until Kohberger was physically in the county.”

When I hear of young adults having sudden change in affect or behavior, I think of schizophrenia.
That's my suspicion, especially given the brutality of the crime scene and his carelessness, despite being well-educated in the field of criminology. To me, it sounds as though he has had a few psychotic breaks. I guess we will learn more soon. Gotta feel sorry for his family (and all the families involved).

IMO:
No doubt that he is going to enjoy the show. This is his Phase 2 of the crime -torturing the families, friends, and social group in general. And, continuing to demonstrate his “knowledge and skills”. I am certain that he is “eager” for this performance.
I think he's so wrapped up in the minutiae that he's not seeing the entirety of his "situation". Spending the rest of his life in an Idaho prison. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member