ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would he need tree bark?

I think it's more likely since he killed 4 people with a knife, that's why he had it.

JMO

The vegan angle got me thinking as it seems off for a vegan to own a huge hunting-type knife (if that is indeed what it is based on LE descriptions previously). I guess you could maybe cut tree bark with one of those, but really it is intended to kill, skin, and eat animal meat. So I guess we are assuming that because he doesn't eat animals it means he doesn't kill them. Is it possible he is vegan not because he wants to but because he has to? There is a tick bite that can make you allergic to meat, literally. Just a wild hypothesis.

There is also frequent comorbidity of schizophrenia and disordered eating (which this may or may not be...just here say from one person doesn't make it fact). I am NOT a mental health professional and am not attempting any type of diagnosis. MOO
It's not meant to be a knife to kill, skin and eat animals. K-Bar knifes were designed as combat knives for the Marine Crops and later adopted by the Navy. They are meant for utility (opening boxes, prying doors, cutting chords, etc.) and fighting humans

I am 40 pages behind. But has anyone at WSU, that is speaking, mentioned any injuries? Like on his hands or face? Arms were probably covered with a shirt.

And are the Academics weighing in here at WS thinking his questionnaire was not in an official capacity, but for his own curiosity? I find that interesting!
Speaking of WSU. There was a recent standoff / shooting there. I am wondering if there's a connection.

I remain curious about high school, and soon after. He was born in 1994. He did not get his AA degree until 2018--ONLY 4 years ago. And I know a number of folks who have breezed through an AA in less than two years.

Where is some data covering those gap years between say 2012 - 2018????

My guess is that the family knew a great deal...
MSM articles have show the drastic eating disorders, and other compulsions...
There are a few googly family cross-matches that do show a connection to psychology and behavior.... just saying MOO.. we'll certainly get more.
What "drastic eating disorders and other compulsions"?

Yes, that's a big mistake. For me his biggest mistake was picking a home that obviously had many residents. He would know that it was a student area, and thus likely many people occupying that house. BK could have been killed himself that night by one of the residents. He almost certainly didn't take into account that a male could be there that night. JMO.

I remember when LE was stating the 'target' might have been the 'house' not individual people.
With careful planning, choosing a target of a place that always was loud and boisterous, people in and out all the time...

Could have been the incentive.

Not defending BK in any way, shape, or form but maybe he suspected or realized from a young age that he doesn't understand these emotions? Maybe he was trying to compare/contrast his thoughts against "normal" behaviors? He might be wired to function strictly on the intellectual/analytical lobe of his brain and emotion/instinct isn't experienced? Just pondering, all speculation and moo
His undergraduate degree was in psychology. He might have followed the example of one or multiple family members before him.

IMO - It might be relevant if they followed him all the way to PA. If he tried to get rid of the murder weapon along the way, they potential would know where he dumped it.
Fair point. However, they still are looking for the murder weapon, so... Besides, wouldn't be risky to keep the murder weapon for over a month before disposing it? It is a genuine question.

Considering he didn’t own the Elantra and they’re still asking people to come forward with information about that night, it seems as though they are still investigating, rather than tidying up. I’m intrigued.

What's the source that says he didn't own the Elantra? This says otherwise:

Investigators honed in on Kohberger as the suspect through DNA evidence and by confirming his ownership of a white Hyundai Elantra seen near the crime scene, according to two law enforcement sources briefed on the investigation.

IMO - but I wonder if the seatbelt charge was really for a seatbelt. Unlikely anyone gets pulled over for just not wearing a seatbelt, hard for a cop to even see that.
A lot of times they will get you for speeding and a nice cop will downgrade it to a seatbelt charge (not a moving violation, very little $ fine). Not sure it's relevant here but curious why they pulled him over in the first place.
Yes, according to court records the fine was $10.
Doubt if insurance companies assume the same risk as a moving violation does.

I am 40 pages behind. But has anyone at WSU, that is speaking, mentioned any injuries? Like on his hands or face? Arms were probably covered with a shirt.

And are the Academics weighing in here at WS thinking his questionnaire was not in an official capacity, but for his own curiosity? I find that interesting!
Not seen any posts or media reports describing injuries. Quite a few questioning his wee questionnaire though from an academically acceptable to ethically ...
It was never submitted as far as I can gather so he possibly could have swung it had he submitted it as a partial response to a particular paradigm he might have been questioning along with a whole lot of good research..
It doesn't read as an end in and of itself.

I wonder what his planned thesis subject was and how his previous education informed that?
Vague, I know, best I can do at mo.

Thanks so much.
Screenshots so helpful - I don't have a FB account these days.

@Seattle1 might want to put this in the Media/No Discussion thread?

Seems like a vital bit of info which will get lost when we're discussing why people around him might have assumed he'd been cleared, why he might have felt confident & will become an item his Def Atty is bound to seize on
Anyone can post there, I put them there. :)

The idea of someone else does stay in my mind.
We have heard nothing about any ability to use knives.
We do know that he sought out criminals to study criminal behavior.

I could see a possible scenario where a little team of two were getting their jollies by being together.

i don't think the boxing can be used to strengthen ability to work with knives. I want to hear someone connect this to him.
JMO. He may be referring to his parents because he came home to them and in his warped reasoning he thought they could be considered accomplices because they "harbored" him. So he may have wondered if they had been arrested. I think he snapped and committed these murders for whatever reason. He then may have had a moment of clarity and became scared of being discovered/caught or not. He may have played out the murders and realized he screwed up somewhere. He went to the only place he had to go. Home.

I wonder if either his parents or sister, when news of these murders happened and the follow up info of the case was all over media, thought for even a moment that BK could be involved, especially when the focus on the type of car was known. We have no idea what this family has been through with him through the years, maybe they were scared of him.

Maybe they were glad he no longer lived in the area. Maybe they ignored that little niggle in the back of their minds that something was wrong with him but grabbed on to the fact that he was progressing through his education and would make something of himself. Denial is powerful.

If it was our family we would wonder why he would drive that distance twice (5000miles) just to come home for a school break. Our kids would fly home and back. Did he intend to stay at home and never return and what reason would he give to the family?

I wonder if he had not been caught would he have returned to WA. He had an apartment lease to deal with even if he could for some reason attend online classes. I think post grad courses are more fluid, that the deadlines if there are any are flexible.

I wonder if he ever had any interest in knives or did he decide to use a knife because of research he had done. Again JMO.

Eileen Cesaretti, who lives across street, said she loves Kohberger's parents and is fond of their son. She said he helped her and her husband around their house when he was home from school.

"I don't think he's capable of doing something like this. I pray to God he's innocent," Cesaretti said.
From the article -

No one answered the door at the home, but dogs could be heard barking inside.

K-bar type knives are NOT made for hunting / dressing wild animals. They are combat knives. They are made for exactly what happened here: stabbing humans to death. It's why filet knives are thin and razor sharp, but combat knives are thick, heavy, and pointy.
Exactly correct on the style and use of knives. I am an avid hunter and outdoorsman, and when I have heard people talking about "skinning" or doing detailed work with a large fixed blade knife I just shake my head.

Happy New Year to all my fellow sleuthers. This is one place where I know I can find people with well reasoned arguments, experts, Moms and Dads, thru oldies like me with life-long gut feelings. Although it's a pile of crow for me, re this case, as I was wrong on all accounts re the perpetrator. Still think I'm right about the sequence of events inside the house.

What a P O S this guy is, and his research methodology is sophomoric. (Masters' degree!)

So, Happy New Year, I will have to get ready for about 8 games tomorrow, so bye til next year and I'm so glad the families got to end their year with some sad satisfaction.

IMO

I remain curious about high school, and soon after. He was born in 1994. He did not get his AA degree until 2018--ONLY 4 years ago. And I know a number of folks who have breezed through an AA in less than two years.

Where is some data covering those gap years between say 2012 - 2018????

My guess is that the family knew a great deal...
MSM articles have show the drastic eating disorders, and other compulsions...
There are a few googly family cross-matches that do show a connection to psychology and behavior.... just saying MOO.. we'll certainly get more.
Good question. We know he picked up a heroin addiction and went to rehab sometime between 2012 and I’m guessing 2015. He must have appeared somewhat recovered by at least 2016 to begin community college, and he was a security officer at his former HS, where his mother also worked, by 2017. I agree that his parent was probably actively involved getting him on his feet during that time.

BK's DNA inside 1122 KING ROAD?
Pasting entire content of MassGuy post from previous thread:
"True. Obviously his attorney would tell him to keep his mouth shut, but that doesn’t mean it happened. His DNA has no business being at that scene, so maybe he was smart enough to know he was done, and he wanted credit." @MassGuy
Possible defense claim --- sure LE found BK's DNA inside the house, because he was inside one night at one of those "open door" no-invite-needed parties.
Lame? Flimsy?
Yes, but conceivably could work, unless his DNA is in "wrong" place, i.e.., intermixed w victims' blood.
imo jmo moo
This could be a possible defense against any GPS information that might exist putting him in the area of the house previously. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE