ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 42

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do wonder how well and deeply the guy really could have been sleeping of late, If he did make that comment, I personally think he probably had it all planned as a clever thing to say when the authorities inevitably showed up for him. MOO
It's just not clever though. The way an innocent person most often behaves when confronted & accused has been repeated endlessly on true crime shows. Cops say it again & again how people who did nothing raise hell, keep asking things like "What's this all about." And I've heard many times LE say it was suspicious when the suspect didn't act that way, & add, to the effect, "Were it me arrested, I'd be yelling at everyone I didn't do it!"

They're not quiet, they don't stare off. They are agitated, outraged, & often repeating that they have rights, so where's a lawyer? They're busy vehemently denying any involvement. And some LE are very skilled at deception tells, so they know fake outrage when they see it. I bet a lot of us at WS watched enough Dateline to know when suspects put on a show.

So yes, perhaps he thought he was being clever asking that, same as he was clever driving his own car to the crime scene. For all we know, he was laying in bed dozing off reading his own thread here.

Video with Senior Reporter from the NY Post spoke with the suspect's aunt. He had stayed with one of his aunts and uncles, and that one aunt reported he had a strange strict fetish to not eat from pots and pans that meat had ever been cooked in. He wanted them to buy new pots and pans. Yet, he commits this bloody murder.

Watch the video here:

I thought this was a HIGH SCHOOL friend. BK's various potentially serious mental & physical health issues stretch back to his teens in all probability.
MOO

Criminality isn't a mental health issue. No evidence of a diagnosable mental health condition in this individual yet. I'll be eagerly awaiting more details.

Moscow was about ten miles from where he lived, so I’m not sure what your last question means?
I see what you're saying, my flub! Thank you for reiterating lol.. I forgot a quick drive away.

I do want to know how long he was hanging around Moscow in between visits too though and how long he was lingering around the house/town that night (early morning or an hour before)? And here he frequented in town while there.

If he is regimented as it might seem, he probably had a ritual/routine? Same places he went to? JMO MOO Thinking out loud

He might be smart, but he also shows signs of narcissistic personality disorder that might interfere with his functioning. I believe he truly thought he would get away with it because he believes he is just "better" than other people. That he knew soooo much about criminology that the small town cops would never figure it out.

Reminds me of Chandler Halderson, the little narcissist who killed (+dismembered) his parents and took great pains to cover it up, but made many stupid mistakes because he just thought no one could measure up to his fantastic intellect.

(Disclaimer, these people have not been diagnosed to the best of my knowledge; this is purely speculative based on my knowledge of mental disorders and criminal behavior. MOO.)
Now that more details have been released about BK's past history, I'm not so sure this guy is all that "smart". He probably made good grades and was working towards his PhD, but I suspect he skipped too many chapters of his Criminology textbook or began sleeping during lectures or something. We are talking about a guy who knowingly snuck into a home planning to confront the occupants with nothing but a knife. This got me to wondering whether he had been treated for bipolar disorder in the past or some other mental illness lMO.

I agree with those posters here who think his troubles and major behavioral changes began to surface during his adolescent period, and he began to slowly escalate from that point on.

Just my opinion.

Sociopaths tend to be that way (neat and orderly) perhaps because they seem to have very clear and focused mental faculties and don't get easily distracted. Sociopathic killers get themselves caught because they don't feel physical anxiety, which leads them to becoming cavalier about things they know on a cerebral level that they should be concentrating on.
Remember, a psychopath is born that way. A sociopath is made. He could have been drawn to his field of study because he is a psychopath, or he could have become a sociopath as a result of his studies. Only he knows for sure.

Last edited:
I’m coming in late and so sorry if this was discussed but dad is saying there is a connection to KG to Bk. Anybody figure that out yet?

I thought he said they had no inkling who he was.

My apologies just found the link that confirms what you said.

Yep I’ve heard both and I have no link for either. I plead the fifth on this one I guess we wait until tomorrow to hear more or report
I interpreted that to mean that Mr. G had not heard of Bryan Kohberger PRIOR to the arrest, but may have now been given more detail by LE as to how BK and Kaylee were linked.

I am imagining many ways that BK and KG could have been linked or crossed paths, but it's just my speculation so I'll say nothing.

Fraternities (who really dislike the term “frat” fwiw ) used to openly let all kinds of people in. They discourage it today not because they don’t want males to outnumber females as was suggested, but because of liability. They can’t control what other people might do, and open themselves up to accusations of sexual harassment and worse, lawsuits, etc. They’re also heavily insured, and their national chapters typically disallow it now for the same reasons.
Oh that's very interesting, thank you :)

They don't like the word frat though? Another interesting tidbit I find amusing in a way! I guess I find it funny as it's human nature to shorten words in languages lol... I will keep that noted but maybe I'll still say frat just to be a brat haha! ;)

Going out on a limb here….pure speculation…
If he posted the survey while still in PA, perhaps he chose his next location/ college based off of someone who answered his survey? Very similar to other posts I’ve seen tonight.
MOO The timeline is too short for that. To enroll in a doctoral program, you need more time to apply, accept, etc. Three months isn’t long enough for all that process…

I don’t think most graduate students would be successful reaching out to prison populations and asking the things he wanted to ask. It’s a vulnerable population and would be much stricter study protocol.
Definitely would look like the opposite of what he did, a tight study with lots of supervision & planning.

Prisoner participation research studies obviously do exist, however.

IMO, I am not sure how he is connected to the four roommates. I wonder how he knows them? How is B connected? That is my biggest disconnect because he lived Pullman Wa and went to school there as well.
Moscow and Pullman operate as one community, for people that live there. They are way far away from anything else.

Also, speculation of some place in Moscow or Pullman being "close" to another place...they are all close. It literally takes only 5 mins to drive across the entirety of Pullman, unless it is a game day.

(I went to school there and my son goes there now, and my husband commutes there)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizz28