ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO it seems like he thought he was smarter than all the investigators and had committed the perfect crime. I guess he didn't count on any of victims fighting back, or genetic genealogy.

As far as I know the only report of him being tracked was in the area he was arrested, for 4 days, they tracked him.
There are no reports that he was tracked elsewhere or for the duration or commencement of his visit home.

If he was a POI before he left from Pullman to Pennsylvania, FBI must have followed him.

If he became POI after he departed from Pullman, then they must have checked if the car arrived to its address of registration, I.e. his parents home and watch him.

This is what was reported:
'Sources say that authorities knew who they were looking for and had tracked Kohberger to his parent's home on the 100 block of Lamsden Drive in Chestnuthill Township, Monroe County.

Law enforcement sources told ABC News police in Idaho identified Kohberger as a suspect, at least in part, by using DNA technology. They tracked him to Pennsylvania through his vehicle.

The FBI had been watching the house for several days before a specialized team of state troopers and federal agents moved in and took him into custody around 2 a.m., sources say.

Authorities are still working to investigate how Kohberger was connected to the victims.'

One way or another, it is irrelevant whether he was followed all 2500 miles or was followed only during some part of his trip, or was not followed at all.

What is relevant is that he left DNA at the crime scene to enable charging him and that he is not free to kill again.

Pay attention to the last sentence of the quote, they still have to work out how he was connected to victims. That may means that noone from victims inner circles met BK, jmo. Which leaves social media. Scary

I have friends who are vegan, they only go to vegan restaurants. It really has nothing to do with OCD like some articles have stated, it is just a way of life for vegans. Vegans are just very careful, think of it like how some who are allergic to certain foods, just being very cautious.
I agree. I was referring to the pots and pans comment.

BBM I go back to this. My mother and dad did the Ancestry.com DNA search several years ago, now I can't help but wonder how many parents or grandparents will be helping LE solve crimes that a family member committed. Quite ironic. Total disclosure - I have not committed any crimes, lol.
Ancestry fights to keep LE out of their database even with a warrant, only Family Tree DNA and GEDMatch work with LE unless you opt out, those are LE go-to services.

DNA Testing, Law Enforcement Access and Privacy

Can law enforcement access AncestryDNA, Family Tree DNA, Living DNA and MyHeritage DNA test results? Here’s where each company stands on law enforcement matching for forensic samples.

Requests for Ancestry User Information
Ancestry does not voluntarily cooperate with law enforcement. To provide our Users with the greatest protection under the law, we require all government agencies seeking access to Ancestry customers’ data to follow valid legal process and do not allow law enforcement to use Ancestry’s services to investigate crimes or to identify human remains.

We publish an annual transparency report describing requests we received. When we receive a request, our team reviews it for compliance with legal requirements and our policies. If we believe a request is overly broad, we will seek to narrow it. We notify users prior to turning over any information in order to give them an opportunity to challenge the request unless it would be counterproductive or we are legally prevented from doing so.”

Ancestry Guide for Law Enforcement

But LE didn't have Kohberger's DNA on file to match it to.
Yes obviously, most people do not randomly have their DNA on CODIS. But once they identified a suspect through the car they had DNA from the scene to match to any potential suspect.

This is key because a random person would have no reason for their DNA to be at the house. Finding unidentified DNA at the scene points strongly to an unknown offender.

I don't know why this incel thing is getting pushed so hard. Being a loner or socially awkward doesn't make you an incel. These people are an extreme version of anti feminism. They typically have aimless lives and congregate online to discuss how women are the reason they can't have sex. They have absurd and vocal opinions on the matter and frequently discuss it with each other. I've seen nothing that shows BK was involved in any of that. An incel would have a strong negative opinion on boxing or anything that would appear as "alpha male". He pursued higher education that would put him in social interactions and he took multiple jobs that would require heavy social interaction. More than likely I believe he suffered from mental illness either genetically or brought on by drug use mixed in with his criminal justice pursuit and he experienced symptoms similar to schizophrenia such as delusions of grandeur and disorganized thoughts and actions. Not that simply having schizophrenia would cause violence, just a time bomb of multiple variables waiting to go off when mixed together.
Yeah this looks like a toxic mix of mental illness, leftover sadness from being fat and unpopular in hs. He was vegan and had a heroin addiction. He looks like an emaciated husk, look into "breatharians". Don't do drugs kids

Last night on Fox News, a panel of experts were discussing this case and the arrest of BK during a one-hour special hosted by Nancy Grace. One of the former LE/FBI panelists asked this exact question, saying that this is one of the issues that LE should be looking into. Why WSU's criminology PhD program, was there a certain professor there that he wanted to study with, and what was the focus of that professor's research, etc.
Interesting

Could it be that the closer but higher-ranked colleges wouldn't accept him as a candidate there?

IMO, ASPD doesn't even belong in the DSM and mental health needs to detach itself from criminality. JMO.
Why would you say that?

Every MH disorder would have to be thrown out (Because anyone can commit a crime, and some MH conditions lead to a lower likelihood and others lead to a higher likliehood).

What you are proposing is what was done with sadistic personality disorder to disastrous consequences for research and treatment.

I am a curious skeptic on this one.

As far as I know the only report of him being tracked was in the area he was arrested, for 4 days, they tracked him.
There are no reports that he was tracked elsewhere or for the duration or commencement of his visit home.
Here we go, he was, indeed tracked all the way to Pennsilvania

'Authorities carefully tracked the man charged in the killings of four Idaho college students as he drove across the country around Christmas and continued surveilling him for several days before finally arresting him Friday, sources tell CNN.'

I have not read about the pots and pans issue. I’m off to search so I can get up to date.

On a side note, I have a cast iron pan that is old and seasoned well - primarily with bacon grease and anything I cook in it tends to have a slight bacon flavor. Slight - but it’s there.

Agree. Serious killers with anti-social personality disorders tend to be very focused on manipulating other people to do what they want. The diet issue seems more like a passive aggressive way of controlling others. There's also something about his habits (from what I've read) that sounds like like OCD.

Not trying to do armchair analysis, there really isn't enough information about him.

I agree. My vegan friends are pretty easygoing and stick to the diet 95% of the time but do allow themselves to cheat now and then. But, I also have heard of more vigilant types that cannot be around meat eaters or go to their house if the meat will be served or the smell of BBQ. I respect my friend's wishes, and they in turn are also flexible and forgiving of their non-vegan friends.

Wait, sociopaths can't get a college degree? Antisocial personality disordered folks can't follow a course of study? Do you know how many of them head up Fortune 500 companies? Have you read The Sociopath Next Door?
Or Kevin Dutton's "The Wisdom of Psychopaths," which cites everyone from St. Paul to Special Forces soldiers

I don't believe BK is a psychopath or a sociopath. I think those words enter every case discussion in a crime forum. Right behind narcissist and sanpuka eyes. I don't believe he is any of those things. I believe he has spent a good many years collecting the "injustices" he has suffered at the hands of others and he decided to show "them" by killing four young people in the dead of night. MOO IMO JMO

I was talking about this with my daughter who argued that they found him through his ownership of the Elantra. I’ve now found several reports saying just that, so my hypotheses about motives are ‍IDK
The car seen near the crime may have been critical, we just don't know because LE is not releasing that information at this time. Additionally, BK did not have a car registered in his own name. IMO

And there are also reports of him being bullied. All of this is rather irrelevant IMO because its a bunch of people trying to feel important by having a loose connection to him. “He had weird eyes when I went to high school with him 10 years ago, I am not surprised.”

I never understand these comments. Its typically people wanting some sort of social media recognition.
I agree with what you said. I also know in some situations the media is hounding people and they might say something off the cuff just to get the microphone out of their face.

Kohberger intends to waive his extradition hearing to expedite his transport to Idaho, Monroe County Chief Public Defender Jason LaBar said in a statement to CNN on Saturday.

“Mr. Kohberger is eager to be exonerated of these charges and looks forward to resolving these matters as promptly as possible,” LaBar said.

You would think he would insert himself into the conversation and be chatty. I feel like a lot of people are coming out of the woodwork that know him and not sure about the validity of all of them

Interesting to note that he expressed anti-LGBTQ views. Wonder if any of that played a role in his actions against MM and KG in general— as in, a more vicious attack because he assumed they were a couple?

We all have those cases here on WS that we hold near and dear to our hearts. I had Lucas, Abby and Libby, and now this one. First off, sorry to all the people I have wrongly accused. I can’t imagine knowing someone that was murdered, let alone being best friends, in a relationship for years off and on, or just walking them home from a
Club to be a good friend. All of those people in the spotlight now can finally step back and not feel so attacked, ridiculed and judge. They can now deal and grieve the way we should all be able to in this situation.

To the families: I’m sorry some selfish lunatic took your brother or sisters, your daughters or son, your niece or nephew, your granddaughter or grandson. I’m sorry every day you will wake up missing that piece of you. You will wonder day in and day out, why your family member. You will think about their future, what could have been. You will wonder if they felt pain and if they were scared. You will hope and pray they are looking down on you and know how love and missed they were and are! God bless you all.

To the suspect: you are an awful person. A coward. You are weak, you will always be weak. You are a million other words … god bless your family. Now they are ruined too.
Wow. It's nice to see this much humility on these boards. Your post is admirable and something for all of us to emulate.

Oh my!!! Is that really a thing in the USA?

I'm sure a lot of people don't like that. We may as well all submit our fingerprints to the police when we turn 18 and be done with it.

I do see that the US Constitution doesn't have a 'right to privacy' unlike the 'right to free speech' and the 'right to bear arms'.

I'm not criticism, just surprise.

MOO.
As a side note, a good number of US churches require fingerprinting of employees and volunteers. Likewise, my local school district fingerprints volunteers as well.

Yes, you are correct in that the the right to privacy is not a stated right in the US Constitution.

Later case law, however, has given privacy and freedom of association (or, non association) the general status of un stated, but implied rights.

That aside, the finger printing of middle school employees, bus drivers, church volunteers etc. would not be a violation of the implied right to privacy as seeking employment with a school, church etc. is a voluntary act.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member