ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Deciding to "show 'them' by killing" sounds like the definition of psychopathy to me.
We don't know his motive as of yet though. I think psychopathy and sociopathy are very outdated terms. Fact is, the vast majority of killers or even serial killers are "normal". They behave in the same way as normal people do - have friends, have family, have girlfriends, etc. What is the abnormal part is that something in their life, whether upbringing or something else, has pushed them to the point where they do the unthinkable.

Very few serial killers actually have actual brain abnormalities. The majority of them are just normal and that's the scary part. I see people saying Bryan looks like a killer and such in the photos, but I think those people are connecting what he did to his appearance. The reality is that he looks bang average and there's nothing really that out of the ordinary with him. He just looks like any other guy you'd pass by on your way home. I'd certainly pay him no mind. And nothing so far in his history raises any major flags either, if we're being honest, apart from the drug issue he's had at a very early age. But other than that - he was apparently a decent student, had a normal family (from what we know so far), had friends, was bullied then he bullied. I mean these are all things almost every kids passes through at that age apart from the drug issue..

The vegan angle got me thinking as it seems off for a vegan to own a huge hunting-type knife (if that is indeed what it is based on LE descriptions previously). I guess you could maybe cut tree bark with one of those, but really it is intended to kill, skin, and eat animal meat. So I guess we are assuming that because he doesn't eat animals it means he doesn't kill them. Is it possible he is vegan not because he wants to but because he has to? There is a tick bite that can make you allergic to meat, literally. Just a wild hypothesis.

There is also frequent comorbidity of schizophrenia and disordered eating (which this may or may not be...just here say from one person doesn't make it fact). I am NOT a mental health professional and am not attempting any type of diagnosis. MOO
IMO the vegan angle is irrelevant. After all, Ghandi was vegan. Plato, Pythagoras, Nikolas Tesla, also. Vegetables don’t make anyone deranged, nor does studying criminal Justice. Criminal Mental illness is a mercurial beast whose seeds lie buried deep and emerge when one’s perceptions become disassociated from the actual world.

BK's DNA inside 1122 KING ROAD?
Pasting entire content of MassGuy post from previous thread:
"True. Obviously his attorney would tell him to keep his mouth shut, but that doesn’t mean it happened. His DNA has no business being at that scene, so maybe he was smart enough to know he was done, and he wanted credit." @MassGuy
Possible defense claim --- sure LE found BK's DNA inside the house, because he was inside one night at one of those "open door" no-invite-needed parties.
Lame? Flimsy?
Yes, but conceivably could work, unless his DNA is in "wrong" place, i.e.., intermixed w victims' blood.
imo jmo moo
I am thinking it is more likely they found his DNA under one or more victim's fingernails. In the defense would catagory...or on a forgotten knife sheath dropped and left behind.

What's the source that says he didn't own the Elantra? This says otherwise:

My link must have a different source than CNN’s anonymous LE source
Idaho murder suspect Bryan Kohberger has no criminal history, no car registered in own name
Retired Special Agent John MacVeigh told investigative reporter Terri Parker that Kohberger does not have a vehicle registered in his name and no criminal history

Edited to add link/quote

Last edited:
Interesting

Could it be that the closer but higher-ranked colleges wouldn't accept him as a candidate there?
Could be, but we know he graduated with some kind of distinction, as seen in the video of his graduation ceremony when he received his Master's degree. Also, Desales University appears to have a highly ranked Master's degree in Criminology. So it's hard to say.

Regarding his Insta:

The one I believe is REAL, that has the one post (a video from Oct. 8) is intriguing because he is following Maddie.

I believe this is his real Insta, since he’s following family numbers with the same last name.

I think Maddie was the target.

It’s a bit more nuanced than that. I personally am fine with LE using genealogy to find perpetrators of violent crime, but it can be considered a slippery slope. Violent crime is one thing, but I do not want every small nonviolent crime, like petty theft, drug use, etc case using familial DNA…
Not to mention health concerns. Do you really want insurance companies (who pay for DNA results) to know what issues you may POTENTIALLY have down the road to deny you coverage?

Maybe he will have a change of heart when he's presented with the evidence against him. That is the key job of a defense lawyer - review the evidence and make sure your client understands the state's case so they can make educated decisions about how to respond.

Sometimes your client is adamant that either THEY didn't do it or that what they did wasn't a crime (not applicable here) and it just takes laying out the evidence for them to start to see what they are up against. Bad facts are bad facts. Hopefully they have strong admissible evidence here.
Public defenders, overloaded by the number of cases, will encourage a plea deal. This defender I'm assuming is in PA, so who will defend him in Idaho?? Will some infamous defense attorney step forward and defend this guy possibly pro bono and drag the case out for years?

BK's DNA inside 1122 KING ROAD?
Pasting entire content of MassGuy post from previous thread:
"True. Obviously his attorney would tell him to keep his mouth shut, but that doesn’t mean it happened. His DNA has no business being at that scene, so maybe he was smart enough to know he was done, and he wanted credit." @MassGuy
Possible defense claim --- sure LE found BK's DNA inside the house, because he was inside one night at one of those "open door" no-invite-needed parties.
Lame? Flimsy?
Yes, but conceivably could work, unless his DNA is in "wrong" place, i.e.., intermixed w victims' blood.
imo jmo moo
Kohberger intends to waive his extradition hearing to expedite his transport to Idaho, Monroe County Chief Public Defender Jason LaBar said in a statement to CNN on Saturday.

“Mr. Kohberger is eager to be exonerated of these charges and looks forward to resolving these matters as promptly as possible,” LaBar said

Does it sound like he thinks he thinks he's done and wants credit?

I am thinking it is more likely they found his DNA under one or more victim's fingernails. In the defense would catagory...or on a forgotten knife sheath dropped and left behind.
Or he shed hair on a body.

I've been in a crazy hair fall phase for a few years. If nothing else, I would never commit a crime because my hair would be everywhere.

JMO

Not defending BK in any way, shape, or form but maybe he suspected or realized from a young age that he doesn't understand these emotions? Maybe he was trying to compare/contrast his thoughts against "normal" behaviors? He might be wired to function strictly on the intellectual/analytical lobe of his brain and emotion/instinct isn't experienced? Just pondering, all speculation and moo
also wondered if this might be part of a plan to try to meet women ? Cruising the library with his survey?

They have said that the records do not show an Elantra registered in his name. But as the mom of a college kid, I know his car is in my name but his school parking decal is registered in his name. I think the car was the key to the whole thing. I’m just interested to know the timeline. Did the car lead them to a name, or did DNA lead them to a name and they used the car info to track him down?
So many questions! I hope he talks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member