ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
White Elantra sets off numberplate readers across state 2500 miles. We wanted him to run and he did, setting off alarms.

Did he he take the toll routes? Worse, dad flew in for the home trip. A very inefficient means of travel.
I think if his dad was with him, they very likely took the toll roads, the major interstates in IL, IN, OH, and PA are toll roads. I can't imagine BK saying, "Dad let's take the scenic route" Or even if he did, I can't imagine his dad going along with it.

Dave Cullen in the epilogue to his book Columbine talks about “spectacle murder”—murder for no other reason than to be known (whether or not the killer is caught) to get his deeds or his face on TV.

Exactly. There's a new breed of SK and Mass Killers since Columbine esp with 24/7 news cycles and social media and live streaming...many want to go down in infamy.

Of course we can't be sure, but I also don't know if he can feel shame or embarrassment.

Just from what we can glean so far, I think he possibly may feel anger and disgust that his "perfect crime" failed insofar as he didn't get away with it.

I think he would internalize that, though, and perhaps not allow it to show. Maybe he would just sit through a trial without visible affect.

I'm basing this on his steely-eyed appearance when he received his diploma. I've handed out many a graduation diploma on stage, and rarely have I seen such lack of eye contact and lack of enthusiasm from a student. He did mutter "thank you" with pursed lips.

Also, his alleged “blank stare” when arrested, despite what I’d presume would be chaos in his family at that moment.

Jmo
IMO, I am guessing that BK is a type AAAAA+++++personality who is so tightly wound that he would collapse if someone blew a puff of air his way. Perfectionistic, anal,uptight, oppositionally defiant, uncomfortable in his own skin waiting to self combust type of guy. I am thinking very insecure and works his *advertiser censored* off to the extreme to appear competent and intelligent IOW, he tries too hard.

Yeah I know. Cycling or even walking would be better. Wear a hoodie, mask, gloves, mask.

Maybe he thought that since it was registered in PA it wouldn't be tracked to him.

It must've been an impulsive decision to commit the murders.

No DNA and no vehicle would make the case unsolvable.
Hope you don't mind me tagging on to your post. But what if BK did not drive his car to commit the murders but later after going back to his apt and cleaning up - he drove by the scene to see if anyone had discovered his crime or for some other unknown reason.

That would be totally out of perspective with everything else in the picture. The table is setting on the floor. The wood cabinets on the right are tall cabinets--floor to almost the ceiling. I have included the photo with the police officer standing in the kitchen to show that. Zillow photos of the house also show them. They are against the wall of what is the other bedroom on the 2nd floor.

And the refrigerator would not be visible at all from the angle the photo is taken through the window. It would be to the left of what is visible.
I can see it on the upper cabinet near the ceiling.

Kosher means fit or proper. There is a specific "Kosher" related to the requirements of Jewish Law. You might ask which way people were using the word to find out if they meant "keep Kosher" the Jewish Kosher way or just the word kosher.
There's an article about his aunty saying he wouldn't eat out of pans used to cook meat.
Maybe the smell of human meat had put him off in the past?
Maybe drug abuse put him off fatty foods too?

he went to a vocational school and was a school security guard... then he went to college and got a B.A. and an M.A. and was accepted to a Ph D program. He started out with little expectations and then he was successfully on a much more academic track and now he is so far off the track, he is possibly headed for prison. Is he one of those people who self sabotages on purpose? The article from his old friend says he was fat and bullied so then he got thin and fit and started bullying others...

"...But the relationship dissolved after Mcloughlin said Kohberger underwent a personality shift over the course of a summer.

Mcloughlin said Kohberger, 28, had been a “down to earth” and overweight teen when they wrapped up their junior year. When they started their senior year, Kohberger was “thinner than a rail” and developed an “aggressive” personality."
A lot of things going on with this person over the years, IMO.
....The article from his old friend says he was fat and bullied so then he got thin and fit and started bullying others...
I agree with a lot of what you said. This is all MOO. The quote in red is where I question if it's true he was bullied. Was he ever the one bullied? He was overweight for awhile, but the friend doesn't really say BK was bullied. People seem to be assuming that. According to his friends, the fact is BK was the bully. I see something smug and arrogant in him now, and wonder if it was there all along.

Some other person who knew him later, more recently, said he answered questions explaining things extra complicated to appear to know so much. Maybe he was bullied and went overboard to prove his superiority and intelligence, maybe it wasn't at school, but at home. Yes, lots of things were going on with him over the years, particularly important is what was going on that changed him so drastically between junior and senior HS years. I am curious too.

I have a feeling he listens to the True Crime BSPodcast…
I just looked up this podcast, sounds interesting. Unfortunately Israel Keys is the top serial killer I can’t handle. He and his crimes for some reason strike a major nerve with me and terrify me much more than any other. I can’t even put my finger on why, maybe I’m afraid to…

LaBar is BK's attorney in PA

“Mr. Kohberger is eager to be exonerated of these charges and looks forward to resolving these matters as promptly as possible,” LaBar said.

LaBar later told CNN Kohberger arrived in Pennsylvania around December 17 to celebrate the holidays with his family.

“His father actually went out (to Idaho) and they drove home together,” LaBar said.

He said Kohberger’s white Hyundai Elantra was found at his parents’ house, where authorities apprehended him early Friday. LaBar said his client’s father, Michael, answered the door to police. Father and son were both cooperative, he said.
If this story is true - why is there duct tape over the door window that appears to be broken out? Is this spin?

Just thinking about a possible reason.
I haven’t flown in several years so I don’t know the exact rules. I live in PA and just within the last couple of years that have started requiring what is called a ‘Real ID’ to be allowed to fly. Implemented because of 9/11) I know several years in the making. I have no idea if this is true in other states. Maybe it’s possible he could fly out of Washington or Idaho going to PA , but if he didn’t have the new ‘Real ID’ he wouldn’t be able to fly out of PA. That doesn’t explain why his dad flew out, but could be a reason that the suspect didn’t fly.
Just my opinion

Good point about the REAL ID, but it is not mandatory just yet was held off until May 2025.

2012 --2016 he likely would have been undergrad school. and if he got his masters after that...prob not making more ey to get a car on his own.
Why start community college??? money...it's cheaper that's why. I don't think they/he have tons of money just sayin..

But why didn't he start community college soon after high school. What was he doing, or not doing in those years??

It seems like many people here are interpreting his "research" as a means for him to try to commit a perfect crime. You might very well be right, but I had a different interpretation when I first read it, before seeing comments here. Almost every question ended with a follow-up asking for a description of how the respondent was "feeling" at the time. Coming into the questions cold, I believed that what he sought was to understand how it felt to kill someone (or commit another crime), that he wanted to hear how exciting and pleasurable it was. From all accounts he had lived a straight-laced life until now and wanted to hear that he was missing out on something more. And perhaps, not getting enough of a sense of it from whatever responses he received, he determined he had to experience it himself really to understand. (I suppose he could also have received responses that said committing a crime felt positive in some way and decided he wanted to feel that, but I think that's less likely.)

Again, I could be interpreting it incorrectly, but that was my initial thought. All the focus on feelings made me believe he got excited by the idea of how it would feel, the high he would get from that. I guess that puts me in the "thrill kill" camp more than the "commit a perfect murder to show I'm smarter than the cops" camp. Could also be both! In either case, I'd be surprised if he felt shame or regret.

I have another take. He was already committing crimes, starting with minor ones and then some major ones. Buying heroin is not exactly a minor offense. He knew how it felt to do that. And the heroin was the answer to how not to feel anything. Then he goes into rehab and apparently develops a newfound obsessive personality (according to his aunt).

He wants to validate his own cycle of feelings and to learn if some people commit crimes without feeling much (his goal). For all we know, he was still using medication (legal or not) to suppress his anxiety and promote his more rational mind.

I think he already knew the thrill of crime, of not getting caught (so far). IMO. Totally speculation.

A lot of kids do 2 yrs CC and then transfer to university. A lot less expensive and you still get the degree from the university.

Yes. Still falls under the overall rubric of "being economical." In his case, there are some gaps in his academic programs - perhaps working to make more money to afford education.

Or, sometimes, it's because kids don't want to leave home (but that can also be economic reasons).

Good observation.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the vegan kosher cookware demand was far more about control and/or a desire for attention than it was out of any real kosher vegan concerns.

RSBM

Wait, is he Kosher or is he vegan or is he both? If he keeps Kosher then he couldn't eat at any non-Kosher restaurant, including the Mad Greek.

IOW you can be Kosher and vegan but you must adhere to all the Kosher laws.

Can you link to the source in order to clarify? TIA!

I haven’t seen anything anywhere that says BK was into kosher food.

I am relatively certain he is not Jewish. Desales University is a Catholic Salesian institution. His middle name, Christopher, means Christ-bearer and would be an unusual name in the Jewish community.

My guess is that his heritage is German, which has a large population in parts of Pennsylvania and where many Amish still speak German.

If he in any way adhered to kosher tradition, I would speculate that it would be to further restrict his dietary habits, for whatever reasons he felt that strengthened his discipline.

Although again, I have not seen as a fact that he was kosher, and as far as I know just the aunt’s word on his austere manner of veganism.

JMO

Last edited:
I was specifically referring to the comment that Mom owned the car and the parents were still funding him/as he was 28 and not financially independent. I'm sure that may not be uncommon in today's climate .
And, in no way do I mean to be critical of his parents.
Just unusual to me and just my opinion.
I don't know that just because the car was still in Mom or Dads name that that infers that they are funding him... could just be they bought it in 2015 and never changed the title in his name - he may even have made payments to them...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz