ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He might not have gone back if the incident occurred close to when he left for Washington.
no doubt. I'm just saying that imo jmo the bar would probably not be able to prove he never went back so he could just say he did and minimize the interaction. I'm not defending him. I'm just thinking of how it would be explained away. I have a feeling with this defense, they might do a lot of explaining if BARD is borderline and he pleads innocent. all just jmo imo

IMO, there still is that small statistical percentage that he was set up
Have you seen the movie "The Life of David Gale"? Basically, Kevin Spacey plays David Gale who is anti death penalty and he and a fellow activist set up a crime to prove that innocent people are wrongfully executed.
Constance Harraway, a fellow DeathWatch activist, is a close friend of Gale who consoles him after his life falls apart. However, Harraway is discovered raped and murdered, suffocated by a plastic bag taped over her head. An autopsy reveals Gale's semen in her body and that she had been forced to swallow the key to the handcuffs, a torture technique which Gale previously wrote about. The physical evidence at the crime scene points to Gale, who is convicted of rape and murder and is sentenced to death.

Later, a videotape labeled "Off the Record" is delivered to Bloom. This tape shows Harraway's suicide and Gale deliberately leaving his fingerprints on the plastic bag in the process. He then looks at the camera and ends the recording, leaving Bloom stunned with the truth that the couple deliberately sacrificed themselves to discredit capital punishment.

snipped to reply...
“His father actually went out (to Idaho) and they drove home together,” LaBar said.

He said Kohberger’s white Hyundai Elantra was found at his parents’ house, where authorities apprehended him early Friday. LaBar said his client’s father, Michael, answered the door to police. Father and son were both cooperative, he said.
“His father actually went out (to Idaho) and they drove home together,” LaBar said.

I'm glad you took notice of that fact, too, @Chelly. Wow, I don't know what to make of that. Sounds like a close bond. What are we to make of that? Extremely interested in why the father went out to Idaho to drive back home with him. Did he tell his father on the way back across all those miles? The neighbor across the street sounded shocked, so I imagine some of his family are shocked as well.

So, we know that BK "allegedly" committed the murders, returned to his campus in WA, and finished out his school semester. Then he drove alllll the way to Pennsylvania from Idaho. Does anyone think he actually planned on returning to WA next semester? We've seen LE at his WA apartment removing, so he obviously didn't pack up, but why in the heck would he drive that far during the winter time just for Christmas break? Maybe he planned on ditching the car at his parents' house and returning to WA via plane, buying a used car and continuing on with his student life as if nothing happened? Or did he plan on making a "sudden decision" while back in PA and tell his parents he wanted to continue his PhD at a school closer to home?

ETA - OMG, now as I read through the threads I see that everyone is already talking about this. Holy hell, do we ALL think alike?!?

I agree either he planned to return to WA and buy a used car and finish his degree, or backup plan to leave the country if he felt LE was onto him.

Well someone posted here that he was more chatty at school after the murders and someone else said he sat silent as the class discussed the murders. Which one was it?
So yes, there he was, hiding in plain sight, and amidst students and professors discussing criminology, etc. alongside these murders.
Did ANY of those people have a gut reaction or vibe off of his behavior after the fact? Did he exhibit any behavioral tendencies they had most likely learned about at some
point? Did anyone dismiss their gut feelings at the time, and why?
That’s what I want to know!
It is of no consequence. The evidence will determine the case not such opinions.

Have you seen the movie "The Life of David Gale"? Basically, Kevin Spacey is anti death penalty and he and a fellow activist set up a crime to prove that innocent people are wrongfully executed.

its a movie! That doesnt mean these things happen in real life!

IMO, there still is that small statistical percentage that he was set up
All depends on where that DNA came from…. If it was his blood anywhere he is skrewed. Likewise under the nails of a victim. If it was something else on an object like a cup or a doorknob then he might have a chance.

This affidavit will be very interesting.

Last edited:
I did when I got my PhD. Tuition was covered and I got paid as if I was staff. Not really a living wage, but doable. I think it depends on the field.

yes...same with me. My doctorate and job, running a training program" at the grad school were fully covered.

But why didn't he start community college soon after high school. What was he doing, or not doing in those years??
2012 he would be 18....2016 22 which is college grad age...MA takes 2-3 years plus u sit out a year trying to get in....not sure what you mean. maybe I missed something

I have done it. Drove from Henderson nevada to pa and then back a month later. About the same length as Moscow to pa. For some people being on the road is nothing.

Maybe Dad just wanted a road trip, seems to be the conclusion of this line of thinking.

I guess they have enough disposable income to afford this kind of thing, I love road trips but my mom ceased to accompany me on the way back to university after my sophomore year. I was 20 and no way needed my mom to be on my road trips.

But everyone is different. In this case, I think there's something else going on.

I'm glad you took notice of that fact, too, @Chelly. Wow, I don't know what to make of that. Sounds like a close bond. What are we to make of that? Extremely interested in why the father went out to Idaho to drive back home with him. Did he tell his father on the way back across all those miles? The neighbor across the street sounded shocked, so I imagine some of his family are shocked as well.
To me, the bigger issue is: Why drive the car back to Pennsylvania? Would make more sense to leave it in WA and fly home for the holidays, if you were planning to return for second semester. I think it's more likely he realized the jig was (about to be) up after the police asked for info on white Elantras. I wonder what excuse he gave to his dad about needing to get the car back in Pennsylvania....

December 30, 2022 8:23pm

The two had been friends during their teenage years, Mcloughlin said. They spent half their days at Pleasant Valley High and the other half taking heating and air conditioning work classes at Monroe County’s vocational school.

But the relationship dissolved after Mcloughlin said Kohberger underwent a personality shift over the course of a summer.

Mcloughlin said Kohberger, 28, had been a “down to earth” and overweight teen when they wrapped up their junior year. When they started their senior year, Kohberger was “thinner than a rail” and developed an “aggressive” personality.

its a movie! That doesnt mean these things happen in real life!
I know that and I'm not saying it is realistic at all. I was just throwing it out there since someone speculated it is possible he was set up. I mean...if he was a militant vegan, maybe he was also anti-death penalty. Someone on an earlier thread also had questioned that if it was random or thrill kill why drive across a border into a death penalty state to commit it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ricardo55