ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. There's a new breed of SK and Mass Killers since Columbine esp with 24/7 news cycles and social media and live streaming...many want to go down in infamy.
IMO, that would make sense, but not for this guy. He was working on a Ph.D. If anything, he was goal oriented to the extreme. He derived a lot of self esteem from his coursework.

There's a rubric in literature on survival in difficult circumstances (say, being lost in the wilderness) that seems to apply here. And that's that two heads are always better than one.

Even highly experienced individuals, such as lifelong outdoorsmen, make errors that they never would have made if they'd had a conversation with another experienced individual, who would have pointed out the problem. "Never separate" in a survival situation, is therefore a motto. All of us who are trying to execute complex plans (say, a trip across Europe via public transport) can benefit from some other person's input (and there's almost always someone more expert than oneself in at least some of the particulars - can't think of any exceptions to that, really).

Our minds start going down familiar pathways, we're "happy" with our solutions, but that's because our minds skipped something along the way.

IMO, Kaylee had worked at a coffee bar in Moscow. Suspect likes his coffee. Probably can't actually eat out, because pots and pans.

But coffee machines never have had animal products inside them.

How SG would know that BK ever came to that particular coffee shop is beyond me, but SG's mind does tend to make leaps of certain kinds, as is common with many people (me too).
He’s tall and very distinctive looking, he’s not a bad looking guy. Anyone else who worked counter or table service where she worked would recognize him if he was a regular. He stands out.

Kosher new word to me .Re veganism
What was on the menu at The Mad Greek in the vegan range?
I think if his dad was with him, they very likely took the toll roads, the major interstates in IL, IN, OH, and PA are toll roads. I can't imagine BK saying, "Dad let's take the scenic route" Or even if he did, I can't imagine his dad going along with it.
If dad had driven, it might have thrown off facial recognition cameras

not only that, but there's no easy & cheap way to fly out of Pullman/Moscow to Allentown or Pittsburgh, and Seattle is a 5-hour plus drive from Pullman, Snoqualmie Pass can be a mess this time of year, etc. Plus, if he did pullman/moscow to PA flights, at least one or two stops. long day. The weather was moving in, but it wasn't there by 12.14, and after a couple of passes going east, 90 is not bad and is in some places really pretty. So IMO JMO lots of arguments can be made for doing it.
Spokane International Airport is about 2 hours away, and Missoula, Montana also has an airport about 4 hours away. Neither could be considered close, but both are closer than Seattle.

Reactions: TRB
Just out of curiosity……

Does anyone else think it’s highly likely that one of the other criminology PHD students (only 8 miles and 10-15 minute drive from the murders)…. Could have been who initially tipped off LE to BK as possible suspect?

I mean I’d hope that the professor and other criminology PHD students had a discussion in class about the horrific murders that took place just 8 miles away at neighboring university. I’d think this is something those students would discuss and that they themselves would be invested in trying to find who committed the murders.
Yes. IMO or he is been set up.

It could be. For what it’s worth, I’ve had 2 deviated septum surgeries, broken my nose 3 times, and my nose is bent and crooked maybe even a bit more than BK’s and the only drug I’ve done is smoke some weed.
Many people on this site included links to stories that said he was into boxing as a sport. I’m assuming that his nose was broken at some point during that activity. Just speculation on my part.
Different sport, but my son was a wrestler. He wore headgear others did not which in turn would cause some wrestlers to develop ‘cauliflower’ ears. It’s not uncommon in our area where wrestling is a Huge sport if you see someone with cauliflower ear people say ‘ look I bet that person is a wrestler’.
Boxing …punches to face…broken nose. Possibly more than once .
Just my input, speculation on my part

One thing I want to say about the car. When it was first announced I asked what I thought was a good question about whether LE wanted to hear about Elantra’s in far away states. I seem to recall some believing that no, a car in Florida wouldn’t be relevant. I suggested that a reporter clarify locations of where LE wanted tips from. Did anyone suspect this car could be 2,500 miles away?

My point is this. Take LE for their word next time. Don’t hinder an investigation by NOT calling in a tip OR by attempting to interpret meaning behind the actual words of LE and allowing that interpretation to affect others. MOO

The words were:

If you know of or own a vehicle matching this description, or know of anyone who may have been driving this vehicle on the days preceding or the day of the murders, please forward that information to the Tip Line.

Post in thread 'ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 27'
ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 27
I’ll be the first to admit that while, so far, a lot of my first assumptions about this guy/case have held up, I certainly did not expect the car to be across the whole country. Woosh.

Last edited:
LE said the vehicle was a 2011-2013, but it's reported it was a 2015. Was that to mislead Kohberger?

Since the murders in November, investigators asked for tips regarding a white sedan seen in the area at the time of the incident. Police have now seized a white 2015 Hyundai Elantra and are issuing search warrants for additional locations.
Could well have been.

They had a lot of information about this killer because they thoroughly reviewed his style of killing and they had access to the best psych evaluations for that 'style' of mass murder.

I cannot even imagine how bad it was.

We all call it a rage killing but I suspect it was methodological.
His mind status would have been apparent to the crime scene analysts I think.

(But Sheesh, had I spent hundreds of hours scouring scrapyards in remote places for the wrong vehicle as an armchair sleuth I'd be mighty peed off..:rolleyes:)

We don't know what we don't know and that point has been heavily rammed home to me in the course of this case..
Great investigation, stellar policing and hats off to them, truthfully.
Not even a whisper leaked.

Happy New year Everyone on Websleuths and you don't have to say it back or will screw the threads..
It's not looking too bright for anyone just now.
Hopefully our heart energy will save us.
There ain't a whole pile else out there.
Namaste.

I have another take. He was already committing crimes, starting with minor ones and then some major ones. Buying heroin is not exactly a minor offense. He knew how it felt to do that. And the heroin was the answer to how not to feel anything. Then he goes into rehab and apparently develops a newfound obsessive personality (according to his aunt).

He wants to validate his own cycle of feelings and to learn if some people commit crimes without feeling much (his goal). For all we know, he was still using medication (legal or not) to suppress his anxiety and promote his more rational mind.

I think he already knew the thrill of crime, of not getting caught (so far). IMO. Totally speculation.

This is certainly a reasonable take as well, and I could see his wanting to understand if he's "weird" for his feeling excitement at commission of a crime. I still think he simply wanted to take that feeling to the extreme by the commission of the most extreme crime, whether or not "perfect" or apprehended for it, to see if the "high" was everything he thought it might be. If the drug use/rehab allegations are true, he obviously liked a high and could have been looking for what he would consider the ultimate high from the ultimate crime.

I have been dumbfounded that no MSM has questioned something which to me is a glaring contradiction to what we have been told as the official story. The blood on the foundation went viral when it was shown. Two days ago, a crime scene tecnhician seen bending over just to take a swab of something that was speculated to be blood got major media source coverage.

Well, what about THIS blood ? ........ THIS IS IN THE HOUSE !

In the KITCHEN. I have taken a screen shot from the link below and labeled my observations to orient you to where and what things are in the photo.

65103395-11487643-As_cops_prepare_to_turn_over_the_house_back_to_its_landlord_the_-a-200_1670213711030.jpg

Eerie photos reveal inside the Idaho quadruple murder house

View attachment 391306
<rsbm>

I think it is apparent that those are reflections/shadows on the window from the branches/leaves of the trees outside.

Well, of course, can the bar prove he never went back, or can it quickly become a she said/he said/they said? Yesterday, on his DeSale page, IMO JMO IIRC, he'd participated on a gender differences team, so if that's true, the women's perspective from that would be more compelling IMO JMO.
He might not have gone back if the incident occurred close to when he left for Washington.

I ran a few numbers on driving vs flying. Est 850 RT to drive (regular gas; also add motel/hotel stay + food, so call it $1100-1200). RT flights from Pullman to scranton are expensive (~1500, based on the two date sets I pulled (January and June; didn't go searching for historical data and next December was too far out to get pricing using common flight booking sites)), and then you'd either be borrowing mom & dad's other car while there, or renting a car, which is about $50/day in scranton right now (and break is at least a couple weeks). So though I went looking for confirmation that driving made no sense, if money was an issue [seems likely], the quick data I found suggested that driving was much cheaper.
Yep. I did the same, and in a previous post on this thread, I linked the weather info, too. I think people are forgetting that one does not just pop into SEATAC from Pullman, and if he went to Spokane or Coeur d'Alene to fly out, that was more time and not cheap. I could go on, but you're right.

Why did he wait til Dec. 17th to drive home in a Winter Storm?
It didn't start until 12.21 and it began in the PNW so he went ahead of the storm. Linked in an early of my posts in this thread.

There's no way I'd drive period when a flight is much quicker.
But it's not.

LE said the vehicle was a 2011-2013, but it's reported it was a 2015. Was that to mislead Kohberger?

but that would mislead all of us, including people who might have otherwise called in a tip imo jmo. might be why his parents didn't think twice, too. idk jmo imo just a guess.

Also, I personally have no doubt that Bryan's parents were well aware of the Idaho murders and the search for a white Elantra, as just about the whole country was aware. This is a very high profile gruesome murder. I would be interested to know if the parents let the authorities know, or encouraged Bryan to let the authorities know, in order to assist in the investigation and be cleared. If they did not, and Bryan did not, IMO, is a big red flag.
LE said the vehicle was a 2011-2013, but it's not. Maybe that is why the parents wouldn't report it, in addition to thinking their son would never imo jmo just a guess.

IMO, there still is that small statistical percentage that he was set up
I think that's important for two reasons: 1) could be true and theoretically, we assume innocent until proven guilty and 2) to think about how he/the defense might argue this. jmo imo.

Yes. IMO or he is been set up.
Well someone posted here that he was more chatty at school after the murders and someone else said he sat silent as the class discussed the murders. Which one was it?
So yes, there he was, hiding in plain sight, and amidst students and professors discussing criminology, etc. alongside these murders.
Did ANY of those people have a gut reaction or vibe off of his behavior after the fact? Did he exhibit any behavioral tendencies they had most likely learned about at some
point? Did anyone dismiss their gut feelings at the time, and why?
That’s what I want to know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member