ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very perceptive. I think he yearned for a group of likely-minded people though. An example: say, I like purses. I can easily find a purse forum. Every hobby has forums. I found a prayer forum once! But there is no killers' forum, so he tried to find a group.

That I don't know but I keep in touch with several WSU students, and I was concerned about them after UI murders. They were surprisingly unconcerned.
I bet they were. It must have been terrifying to find out one of your classmates was capable of this. I feel tremendously for everyone affected by this crime and tragedy.

One thing I want to say about the car. When it was first announced I asked what I thought was a good question about whether LE wanted to hear about Elantra’s in far away states. I seem to recall some believing that no, a car in Florida wouldn’t be relevant. I suggested that a reporter clarify locations of where LE wanted tips from. Did anyone suspect this car could be 2,500 miles away?

My point is this. Take LE for their word next time. Don’t hinder an investigation by NOT calling in a tip OR by attempting to interpret meaning behind the actual words of LE and allowing that interpretation to affect others. MOO

The words were:

If you know of or own a vehicle matching this description, or know of anyone who may have been driving this vehicle on the days preceding or the day of the murders, please forward that information to the Tip Line.

Post in thread 'ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 27'
ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 27
Idk if you’ll have this answer but I have read several posts on this site about the sighting of the car on the night of the crime. I do not know which sighting (gas station, body cam, window near food truck) was confirmed to be the car (or if any of these locations were confirmed). Do you happen to know? tyia

IMO the connection between KG and BK is going to be because he ate at her place of employment all the time. I sure hope so because I bet they'll have it on camera maybe. I would imagine he could glean mucho information about all of them from being a regular customer. Maybe he talked about veganism with them. What did the girls order from the grub truck that night? Pasta?

I've read that Maddie and Xana were servers at the same restaurant, Mad Greek:

'You will be greatly missed' | Moscow restaurant remembers University of Idaho students, servers

Did Kaylee work at a different restaurant in Moscow?

I’ve thought a lot about this. PHD candidates aren’t a massive group on campus, regardless of field. The criminal justice candidates would be familiar with each other, even after one semester. They’d have similar schedules and likely cross paths walking in and out of the same buildings. Someone in his peer group knew he drove a white Elantra. Everyone within 100 miles driving one should have expected to be interviewed. Given the steady drip of comments regarding his behavior, I’d be stunned if LE had NOT been contacted by someone in his PHD circle. Would be interesting to know exactly if and when the alleged class discussion regarding the murders took place… did LE already have an eye on him? Could they have recordings? Interested to know how much the university knew/when they knew it and if there was any cooperation on their part.
You and I think alike on this. I’m in agreement with everything you just said.

IMO: No doubt that he is going to enjoy the show. This is his Phase 2 of the crime -torturing the families, friends, and social group in general. And, continuing to demonstrate his “knowledge and skills”. I am certain that he is “eager” for this performance.
It's like it's all part of his demented bucket list IMO.

Yes! Because he drives a white Elantra. And I assume he was suddenly nowhere to be found after the murders. Probably told everyone he was traveling for Thanksgiving or something but I suspect he was driving across the country and never returned to Pullman.

No, he didn't go to PA until Christmas time.

bbm
???
The video in the link ?
The public defender bit ?
I'm somewhat surprised his parents or the rest of his family haven't hired him a high profile defender.
Jmo.
If his parents are of modest means, They wouldn’t be able to hire a high priced atty. I really can’t imagine what I’d do if my kid was put in this situation. It seems like parents don’t usually think their kid could ever do this, so they’d be inclined to beg, borrow or steal to get $. Looking from the outside, I’d like to think I’d say son you’re on your own.

Very perceptive. I think he yearned for a group of likely-minded people though. An example: say, I like purses. I can easily find a purse forum. Every hobby has forums. I found a prayer forum once! But there is no killers' forum, so he tried to find a group.

That I don't know but I keep in touch with several WSU students, and I was concerned about them after UI murders. They were surprisingly unconcerned.

4CHan and Dark WEb would have places for others interested in killing could chat. Curious about what they find on his computer.

@Kristina730 -- I am not caught up with thread #42, but wondered if anybody responded to your post

I thought this was an interesting question: "Is there some other model of characterizing behaviors that is taught in the criminal justice world? Is there a book similar to the DSM for criminology that includes terms like psychopathy and sociopathy? Genuinely interested in answers that come from criminal justice professionals."
Not that I saw. I agree with my fellow psychotherapists here that in our field, psychopathy/antisocial personality disorder is interchangeable, but I thought it might not be in other fields and I didn't want to assume there wasn't another model out there. There are plenty of lay sources that suggest otherwise, but I was looking for a professional source.

The thing is, that account might indeed follow his family members and the victims—but none of them follow his account back, which indicates it’s fake. Though that account posted the disturbing video in October, the user could’ve changed their profile name and started following those accounts yesterday.
Agreed - my bad - duped.
Sickos everywhere.

I’m disturbed that so many of these young ladies have totally open accounts and any psycho in the world can follow them.
BAD IDEA imho
lock up your accounts peeps

I've read that Maddie and Xana were servers at the same restaurant, Mad Greek:

'You will be greatly missed' | Moscow restaurant remembers University of Idaho students, servers

Did Kaylee work at a different restaurant in Moscow?
MOO- I agree.

I’ve always thought whoever did this was most likely an acquaintance/passerby guest of the restaurant. It seemed the most likely place they’d come into contact with someone outside the university/ classmate / friend group. Who they themselves would not have thought they made a big impression on or meant anything to… but someone like this , clearly planning to do something like this…. It could have just been he met them at restaurant and zoned in on them being who he wanted to attack.

Just my opinion.

DM is quoting his defense attorney. Here’s the CNN link from the DM article and the quote:

Suspect is ‘shocked a little bit,’ defense attorney says​

Kohberger was arraigned Friday morning in Pennsylvania and is being held without bail, records show.

Kohberger intends to waive his extradition hearing to expedite his transport to Idaho, Monroe County Chief Public Defender Jason LaBar said in a statement to CNN on Saturday.

“Mr. Kohberger is eager to be exonerated of these charges and looks forward to resolving these matters as promptly as possible,” LaBar said.

LaBar later told CNN that the extradition hearing is a “formality proceeding.” He said all the Commonwealth needs to prove is that his client resembles or is the person on the arrest warrant and that he was in the area at the time of the crime.

LaBar said he spoke to Kohberger for around an hour Friday evening, discussing where he was at the time of the killings. “Knowing of course that it’s likely they have location data from his cell phone already putting him on the border of Washington and Idaho,” LaBar told CNN, “it was an easy decision obviously, since he doesn’t contest that he is Bryan Kohberger.”

Kohberger is “shocked a little bit,” LaBar said. “He’s doing OK. Obviously, he’s calm right now.”

LaBar added, “We don’t really know much about the case. I don’t have any affidavit or probable cause. I didn’t want to discuss the case with him because I’m merely his representation for this procedural issue as to whether or not he wants to be extradited back to Idaho.”
The article states BK's father flew out to Idaho and accompanied BK back on the drive to PA, arriving in PA around December 17, according to BK's public defender. The article notes that police closely followed the vehicle on the drive back to PA. MOO- this indicates the police before around December 14 (assuming 3 day drive to PA) already knew BK was the POI/suspect. Likely were hoping to find him disposing of the knife at some point, IMO. It appears the police were surveilling BK for almost 3 weeks before the arrest-JMO. Kudos to LE for holding their cards very close, despite the Public hue and cry...really well done on the part of LE.

I’ve thought a lot about this. PHD candidates aren’t a massive group on campus, regardless of field. The criminal justice candidates would be familiar with each other, even after one semester. They’d have similar schedules and likely cross paths walking in and out of the same buildings. Someone in his peer group knew he drove a white Elantra. Everyone within 100 miles driving one should have expected to be interviewed. Given the steady drip of comments regarding his behavior, I’d be stunned if LE had NOT been contacted by someone in his PHD circle. Would be interesting to know exactly if and when the alleged class discussion regarding the murders took place… did LE already have an eye on him? Could they have recordings? Interested to know how much the university knew/when they knew it and if there was any cooperation on their part.
It sounds like he isolated himself from his cohort/peers. One peer claimed he made off-putting or potentially offensive comments in a seminar, and he generally stayed to himself. I’m fairly social and have been in a program two years; I can only name one colleague’s vehicle, even tho I walk to the parking lot with folks often. I’m guessing he had an office mate—often your first friend in grad school. I wonder if they had much contact.

I don’t understand the attorneys point when he refers to where BK was that night since they likely have data showing the border of Idaho/Washington. What does that mean and why would he say this in an interview with a reporter? Why would he even ask that Q? He won’t be defending BK in a murder trial. Confused.

My understanding is the only extradition issue is whether he is, in fact, the individual named in the fugitive warrant.
It could mean that BK left his phone at his apartment the night of the killing on purpose so he could later claim he was at home when the killings took place. JMO.

Honestly asking. You don’t think a family member would block a friend that changed their name to the accused killer?
I doubt they are looking through their entire instagram following right now to see if anyone has changed their name. You don't get a notification, and if the account wasn't posting the only way you could know was digging through your own follower list which is likely hundreds of people long.

Also, family member instagrams may have become private when news broke - if their accounts were public yesterday AM just as this was breaking news, someone could have followed the accounts without family approving it.

Honestly asking. You don’t think a family member would block a friend that changed their name to the accused killer?
Edited for further clarification: if the account is private then the person would have to approve someone that started to follow the account yesterday.
Are we sure these are family members and not a series of accounts that were changed at once?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
millyuncensored