ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why his father would fly out to drive cross country with him? Why NOT pay to fly out your son for a Christmas break, wouldn't that be cheaper, faster, and safer? Avoid winter storms?

I find that odd as well. I assumed that he had driven himself home to PA … he’s a 28 year adult male. I mean, a lot of people do prefer a companion for long road trips to share the driving, etc. But I would agree that flying your adult son home for a break seems a lot more logical than flying yourself one way and then driving 2,000 miles back home. I mean, what was the plan for the return trip for next semester? IDK. Maybe his parents were worried about him making a solo drive in the winter and volunteered to fly and drive?

Accompanying your adult child on a cross country move to/from college/grad school at the beginning or end of their program (or school year) seems like a normal and helpful thing for a parent. But for a holiday break? Seems unusual.

IMO, it is WAY too early to begin insinuating his parents were in on any of this. We barely know anything about the crime at this point. For all we know, he and his father could have planned this road trip for months. Maybe his parents do not follow the news and had no idea a white Elantra was wanted in connection with the crime. Maybe they didn't even know about the crime. Let's not start another "Hoodie Guy" accusation situation. MOO

JMO -

To this layperson's eye, his behavior (that we know about so far) matches up fairly closely with "high grandiose narcissism".

They have a need to be seen, get validation of, and in turn, believe themselves to be highly intelligent.
Apparently some of his classmates have commented in regards to his belief that he is.

When the mind/psyche is damaged, their beliefs don't match reality, and this often leads to mistakes when they are also criminals; i.e. sloppiness.

His demand that his family purchase new cookware due to his vegan diet, is another indicator...who does that? Who thinks they are so supreme that others should spend money/time capitulating to their dietary habits?? Again, IMO, guy has a very high opinion of himself, enough so that he didn't believe he'd be caught (he's too smart for that), AND, he needed that same validation from others.

IMO No. I think he still believes he can get away with this. He may want to experience the full effects of the trial and how it affects others as well, especially the families. He may see himself as outside of the whole thing, like an interested party just observing, critiquing and making mental notes for his "studies." I believe he is always planning and scheming and lives in a complete fantasyland.
I am also not sure if he will or will try to implicate someone else. He might also want to have a trial and/or want to be incarcerated. (yes, a person who does not want to avoid prison but wants to have a go at it) IMO

Maybe LE asked the father to make the trip, hoping BK would confess on the drive- will be interesting to learn when Dad bought the airplane ticket out to Pullman WA-MOO...
Yikes. That never occurred to me.
Also realized when I made that post that weather could have been a factor?
Still can't get my head around the fact he was a grown man.
Can't shake the fact that he was worried about his son.
I've said many times in the past that I'm not sure what is worse. Being parents of the victims or parents of the accused murderer.
Hard for me to imagine a parent working with the police. More likely to me that any parent could imagine their child being responsible for murder.
MOO

The most chilling comparison, however, is their likenesses: In side-by-side comparisons of their mugshots posted on social media, both men have similar hairstyles and eyebrows, the same thin lips, gaunt cheekbones and matching ears, startling some Twitter users.

"I'm creeped out by similarities w/Ted Bundy. Both studied psychology/criminology at UW. ... I was a Chi Omega Sorority member in the 90s and we never forgot what Ted did," tweeted @Meidas_ZobethC.

Though little is known about the motivations driving the Idaho killings, the nature of the crimes drew comparisons to Bundy well before Friday's photo release. In early December, John Henry Browne—Bundy's onetime attorney—told news outlets he believed there were numerous similarities between the Idaho killings and those committed by his client, who left behind only paltry evidence at the start of his killing spree that left some three dozen dead.

"Just the randomness of it is actually something that does stand out," he told Fox News Digital in an interview this month. "Of course, most of Ted's misbehavior was random. There were times when Ted would follow people and then decide not to kill them. And that was his way of exercising his grandiosity, you know, 'I can control life here and there.'"

Thank you! So it was announced and public for almost a week that LE was looking for a white not-new elantra before BK's dad flew to WA to drive a white elantra home to PA.

I wonder if by the 17th BK thought he was in the clear if they didn't contact him yet.

I'll say that's a long drive. He's 28 years old, not a college student. I think at that age I would have had to give my parents a really good reason why they should do that for me.

I so agree... he IS 28 years old. I feel as if much of the discussions here are relating to him as if he is an early 20 something.

Mom owns his car.
Dad helps drive him home.

I still wonder where he was between 2012ish-2016/17. Everyone says how "smart" he is... why start at a community college so late--already into his 20s???

I really feel things are missing.

Last edited:
Well, I wonder if the car was full of his stuff, like maybe he told his folks he was taking a leave or something…the pressure’s getting to me, dad, can you come out?
MOO
If that was the case, I think he would have packed his computer in his car for the trip back to PA, but we saw LE carrying it out of his WSU apartment during their search of his residence yesterday.

Do you think driving an Elantra and having a genealogy DNA link to the crime scene is enough to get an arrest warrant? Do you think LE had more than that when they got the warrant?

@Sassafrass he did? Source please
I was wrong on that point :-D. Instead, he drove a mere 9 miles to murder people, apparently in his parents' car, and drove near the house enough times to have the car noticed, including being seen near the house at the time of the murders. Then a few weeks later, apparently having left DNA at the scene, he drove that same car cross-country to his parents' house, where he, and it, were located by LE. He's brilliant.

IMO, it is WAY too early to begin insinuating his parents were in on any of this. We barely know anything about the crime at this point. For all we know, he and his father could have planned this road trip for months. Maybe his parents do not follow the news and had no idea a white Elantra was wanted in connection with the crime. Maybe they didn't even know about the crime. Let's not start another "Hoodie Guy" accusation situation. MOO
BBM agreed. I spent a good part of today feeling bad for his parents. From the limited info we have, prior associates of BK state they are good, kind people. When I read that I wondered, what must they be feeling right now? I can imagine their horror, disbelief and "this has to be a nightmare" feelings. He is 28 years old. They did what parents do. Their best. There is no reason for me to suspect they've done anything untoward or know anything outside of what he has told them or the press has printed.

The connection SG thinks the killer has to Kaylee could well be that he saw one of the alleged fake Insta accounts, and assumed the real killer had been following her. He may not have bothered to check any 'join' dates for the account. If he had a connection to any of the victims, I think it is more likely that he had seen Maddie and/or Xana while dining at the Mad Greek, perhaps always sat where one of them would be his server, and chatted enough to learn at least their names and that they lived together. JMO
Could well be.
Mad Greek serves vegetarian food but also meat..
If he was such a puritan re pots and pans would he be able to tolerate that?
Then again those reports were from a divorced-wife-of-one-of-his-father's-brothers... Could just have been a phase he went through.

I'm not sure.

That house was well known for being a party house.
For years
And it didn't require rocket science to get in there.

Misogyny?
Who was he affiliated with, what groups or individuals that might have influenced him to think this was a good idea?

Very hard to call it based on current info and so much fakery it's dizzy-making.

I'm not seeing the arrogance or conceit in him.
I'm not seeing anything at all in him because he simply has not shown himself to us, has he?

Give me a few weeks and I will detest him like a monster, no doubt.
But, for now
it's just utterly bland vanilla apart from the charges.

It is odd that his parents didn't just fly him home rather than flying his father out there to then drive 2,500 miles back to PA. Perhaps they just wanted to road trip together, or maybe there was something else going on...

I think a lot of parents live in denial about their kids committing horrific crimes. Outside of BK's car matching the suspect, they may have had no other reason to think anything pointed to their son, and it's not unreasonable to think that if your own kid had a car similar to a murderer, it wouldn't cross your mind that they killed people.

It does not seem to be a Laundrie situation (yet anyway) where the parents knew he likely murdered and then actively chose to basically ignore it.

In a previous thread , it was discussed that it is very difficult to get a conviction of 1st degree murder without a weapon. The accused ( homicidal maniac) likely left behind a great deal of DNA that could/would link him to each body. MOO

"Every two minutes, we shed enough skin cells to cover nearly an entire football field. With a single sneeze, we can spew 3,000 cell-containing droplets into the world. And, on average, we leave behind between 40 and 100 hairs per day. As long as we live in the world and leave our homes each day, we can’t avoid leaving a trail of our DNA in our wake."

NOT having a weapon- what would/ will that mean for the strength of this case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luisgill