ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right, and I thank you for bringing that out, @Jessthinkin. We know why he wanted to get that car out of the area, but his family probably didn't. Makes more sense to just fly home for the holiday break. Okay, so if he still wanted to drive, fine, but why would his father go out there to drive back with him?

They were getting the car serviced in Pennsylvania at a shop on December 16th. Maybe he told dad the car needed repairs and he wanted to bring it home. Maybe then the dad insisted on driving it home with him to be safe.

He was a Teaching Assistant and had his own office ‍♀️
Yes, many departments determine the number of phd students they accept according to the number of TA/RA positions they have available. Most phd students work as TAs or RAs. If you look at the "Funding" link at the page I linked it describes it in detail. They also get health insurance. Most phd students get office space of some sort.

Hmmmmm. I just had thought to share. In previous threads/ links there were comments made about how KG was aware of her surroundings when she was worried about the possible stalker and she would take photo Ann’s/or video. MY OPINION: I would be great if the cliffhanger connection was a photo or video of BK on her phone showing him in the background or with a side from her stating he gave her the creeps or was following her. Far away enough to show that he wasn’t actually part of her group. Even if she did not show anyone said photo or point him out to anyone I’m sure LE has gone thru her pictures and could possibly pick him out in the background.

Just speculation on my part . If anyone doesn’t agree no need to argue just scroll on by.
Thank you

IMO, whatever happened to “ innocent until proven guilty”. It could very well be possible that LE arrested the big cheese to get to the little dirty rat.
Could you please explain this? You have indicated previously that BK may have been "set up". How and why would someone plant his DNA? Big cheese of what, exactly?

They were getting the car serviced in Pennsylvania at a shop on December 16th. Maybe he told dad the car needed repairs and he wanted to bring it home. Maybe then the dad insisted on driving it home with him to be safe.

I know we have some excellent mechanics here in Pa but why not get it repaired in Washington?

Ressponding to this post only out of convenience. This post is to educate and and correct a huge amount of incorrect information posted here about PhD programs in general and the WSU criminology program in partitcular. Source: Graduate Studies | Department of Criminal Justice and Criminology | Washington State University

First off, graduate students generally follow the same schedule as undergrads. There are exceptions but many upper division courses at any major university will have a mix of graduate and undergraduate students so having different schedules is impractical.

Second the WSU criminology PhD program requires 72 credits, 33 of which are dissertation which is not a class, just independent research and writing. Since he already had a masters he likely would have gotten credit through transfer for 30 credits meaning he only would have had to take 3 classes at WSU in his entire PhD program. It is likely he would have needed a few more. PhD programs are usually not prescriptive and a great deal depends on your committee and advisor.

Third, WSU waives in-state tuition for PhD students and out-of-state tuition for the first year until the student establishes residency. The site above states "To qualify for resident tuition, state law requires you be a state resident for 12 months. If you are a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident and have come to WSU from out of state, establish residency in order to avoid paying out-of-state tuition. To establish residency, get your Washington State Driver’s license within 30 days of arrival; register your car; register to vote; establish a bank account; and live in- state for one year."

So, it seems likely that BK would have done these things. Are we certain the car was registered to mom and had PA plates?

According to 2023 Best Criminology Doctor's Degree Schools, WSU Pullman is the 7th highest ranked criminology phd program in the country.

I don't know why there is so much mystery/debate/speculation about why BK chose WSU. Top program, free, he's a smart guy.
Great post! Facts & context really add value to the discussion.

She will know people will be attracted to the field for nefarious reasons to be fair but if BK came across as just a socially awkward/loner student type then she will likely have taught a lot of students who presented in the exact same way who didn’t go on to kill 4 students. Maybe something did happen and she did suspect something but if it didn’t then I’m not sure how she was supposed to know. Some people can be incredibly convincing at hiding certain parts of themselves.
Perhaps he wasn't the only student with awkward personality.

I don’t have any theory regarding this, but as far as the family seeing a possible connection: Didn’t one of the victim’s sisters go to WSU?
Also, what about that weird police standoff, shooting with roommates being threatened at WSU 1-2 weeks ago? Wonder if that guy knew something and was cracking under the pressure? It’s a weird coincidence…
Xana's sister attends WSU. Also, Xana's name was seen on the JIB bag via the kitchen window where JIB is located in Pulman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Louiwebb