ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 44

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully - I do not suggest that BK was charged hastily or improvidently: this is a red herring argument, a deflection or distraction from my point.

If you look into the Morphew case a bit, you will see that the DA dismissed the case due to judicial rulings suppressing evidence and excluding witnesses, and that the basis for those rulings was chronic failure to meet deadlines.

The Morphew case was hardly a "knee jerk" arrest, either. Morphew was arrested after a year of investigation by a team that included the local sheriff, the CBI, and the FBI. The case was circumstantial, but powerful nonetheless IMO if all the evidence were presented to a jury. If I go to bed and my driveway is dry, and observe in the morning that it is wet, my evidence for finding that it rained while I was asleep is circumstantial. But is there any reasonable doubt about that?

I don't know what the local Idaho prosecutor can bring to this case independent of outside help, but I hope it is sufficient. There is reason to be concerned IMO: How many years has it been since Moscow experienced a murder? Seven years? Did local prosecutors try the case? What was the result? Did it receive the kind of sensational press coverage BK is receiving? Are those prosecutors still working in Moscow?

My point remains that prosecuting a high-profile murder case using attorneys and staff who have no experience with such cases, and without the technology to organize the evidence or the time and expertise to evaluate whether to disclose it - and if so, when - carries a substantial risk of dismissal regardless of the evidence.

Hoping someone can respond with relevant information.
I remember in the Yosemite Murders another county loaned little Mariposa County one of their district attorneys to try Cary Stayner, who by the way pled not guilty by reason of insanity. It failed.

- The prosecutors: George Williamson, a Solano County deputy district attorney and an expert in prosecuting death penalty cases, is on loan to Mariposa County. Michael Canzoneri, a supervising deputy state attorney general who specializes in homicide cases, is also on loan to Mariposa County. Kim Fletcher, a Mariposa County assistant district attorney.

I disagree. I think he's a manipulative person. I think he did things to the girls, things under the wire or when he was alone with them. When they'd retaliate, he claimed he was being bullied. I think he's smart enough to know how to play the victim.

Not sure he is manipulative, since most interviewed called him “off”. My wild guess - he is anxious and rigid. There is a phenomenon when people are so preoccupied with things being perfect that they end up exhausted and their finite product, a mess. I wonder if we might see it during the trial. JMO.

Will we hear he applied for the police force but was rejected?
He was aspiring to become a criminology professor, as told to a witness on Dec 16:

The person described the younger Kohberger as “a little awkward,” but not suspiciously so. The suspect reportedly told the person he wanted to go into the field of behavioral criminal justice and become a professor.

Good call.

I can see this happening with him. LE's not dealing with someone who doesn't know criminal law, after all.

I hope LE has (and keeps) their best people (and prosecutor) on this, because I have a sneaking feeling this guy could walk. MOO
They didn't have to arrest him when they did. There was an option of keeping him under surveillance.

I think it's too soon to be making these predictions, before we've even seen the probable cause. With the outside assistance this police force has had, and them knowing their suspect's background, I think they went in when they did fully prepared for him to demand all his constitutional rights.

JMO

This is an interesting issue: Here is the Idaho Rule.

Idaho Criminal Rule 8. Joinder of Offenses and of Defendants

(a) Joinder of Offenses. Two or more offenses may be charged on the same complaint, indictment or information if the offenses charged, whether felonies or misdemeanors or both, are based on the same act or transaction or on two or more acts or transactions connected together or constituting parts of a common scheme or plan. The complaint, indictment or information must state a separate count for each offense.

The rule seems to make the decision to charge all the offenses in the same complaint optional for the DA. But there may be Constitutional issues that constrain that discretion. I don't know.
Could try to do it like they did it in the Darlie Routier case in Texas.

Four days after that gathering, Routier was arrested and charged with capital murder for Damon's death. She was not tried for Devon's killing. Prosecutors said they wanted a second chance to try her in case the first trial ended in acquittal.

The source said the suspect was seen wearing gloves after the murders, even to a supermarket because 'he's not stupid and has been very careful'

The source said cell phone data showed he was in the same area as his victims in the weeks leading up to their deaths

The source said the suspect was seen wearing gloves after the murders, even to a supermarket because 'he's not stupid and has been very careful'

The source said cell phone data showed he was in the same area as his victims in the weeks leading up to their deaths
What did he do, when one of his victims moved to her parents? Afaik, KG was only visiting her best friend M to show her new bought SUV, but wasn't living anymore at the apartment. If KG indeed was his main target (not known for sure), he had to extend his stalking.

...I keep thinking he has something up his sleeve he thinks is like a loophole to absolve him of being involved. Smug, sneaky, know-it-all type plan he thinks is brilliant.

We all know he should know better than most to not do stupid things. Either he is stupid, or he thought he was being smart and has some defense plan (that will fail), or like you say maybe he wanted to get caught...
That could be, but I'm leaning in a different direction.
He's off-the-wall-crazy but still like a fox. Given his line of study and prior history of being bullied, however, I tend to think he planned down to the detail. I think he lives for revenge.....
JMO, it's best to keep looking at this from different angles like you are. "Something up his sleeve" is what I said. Just can't see him not having a "educated" plan. It'll fail hopefully, but I think what you say is a possibility.

New article and new info!
BK allegedly stalked the girls for weeks before the murders.

Last edited:
Cluster modelling. Thats what I want to see in the court

Cluster modelling! That's what I want to see in the court.
Had one the victims in particular been stalked and how long had planning occurred. Was it a group stalking?

You were in the house as per DNA prior, but you didn't have a phone on you, oh aye!

"Bryan Kohberger allegedly stalked the four University of Idaho students 'for weeks' before the killings according to a friend of a cop who tracked him"

"The source said cell phone data showed he was in the same area as his victims in the weeks leading up to their deaths"

Last edited by a moderator:

This is BS in MO.

Too many coincidences. This person's cousins went to school with him. They live in same town as sister AND a friend of theirs was a cop following him.

I don't think local LE are assigned those tasks anyway. It would've been FBI agents.

I think local LE were busy with the bad weather.

This is BS in MO.

Too many coincidences. This person's cousins went to school with him. They live in same town as sister AND a friend of theirs was a cop following him.

I don't think local LE are assigned those tasks anyway. It would've been FBI agents.

Its just an anonymous message of someone looking for attention.

This is BS in MO.

Also wasn't he in college working as a TA, not "following their every move for weeks"

This is BS in MO.

Wouldn't a local LE person be potentially recognizable to the suspect also or to his family, so you'd need an anonymous FBI agent to track him.

Normally they use couples of male and female

I beg to differ. I have a PhD, 3 master's degrees, and a bachelor. By far the hardest was my bachelor. The PhD was by far the easiest. I think that is typical of most people I know with PhDs

i agree...bachelors was the hardest.
I would include that truly elite PhD programs are brutal... but not his schools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop