ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said in the last thread, I can’t imagine him socializing in the same circles as the victims or attending their house parties. However, living so near Moscow and now reading about him going to bars to have a few beers and be creepy, I do wonder if their paths crossed at a Moscow bar the victims patronized. Possible he tried interacting with one or more of the girls and was rebuffed or just that he observed them and then followed them one time to find out where they lived. MOO but that’s my #1 theory until we know more.

The DNA doesn’t lie.
It is GUARANTEED to belong to BK.

108 TRILLION to one odds it is BK.

HE WILL BE CONVICTED.
While I also think he will be convicted, my guess is that house is a MESS of unknown DNA from all of the many visitors who pass through. Unless LE has something damning like cutting himself and his blood mixing with victims', defense will argue that he was just a one-time partygoer who left innocuous DNA there on a separate visit. LE seems to have a lot of evidence tying him to the scene but IMO the DNA is going to be one of the items most hotly contested by defense

Thinking about the stalker motive. One has to remember that the girls were very exposed on social media. In fact one report said her address was on a cash pay app. These habits can be very inviting to the wrong person. Even if this turns out not to be the case, let it be a lesson to protect your kids on-line.

Moscow Police Chief Fry said they received 400 calls to the tip line in one hour after announcing the arrest yesterday.
When I look at his mugshot with that shadow of a smirk, I see him projecting "Game on." MOO.
I was trying not to make assumptions or judgments from a single mug shot, but have to admit I did get a smirk vibe.

The entire vegan thing with him is bizarre.

Vegans won’t use any animal product and object to animals being slaughtered but he can slaughter four human beings?
I wonder if this is a case of orthorexia, personally. He created elaborate “food rules” for himself as a way to eat less, but couched it in terms of being healthy and virtuous. It’s an increasingly common eating disorder these days. And depending where you are mentally with the disorder, you may have more rules (the no pots and pans that touched animal products thing), or fewer rules.

Thinking about the stalker motive. One has to remember that the girls were very exposed on social media. In fact one report said her address was on a cash pay app. These habits can be very inviting to the wrong person. Even if this turns out not to be the case, let it be a lesson to protect your kids on-line.
Exactly! Look at Kim Kardashian when her ring was stolen.

While I also think he will be convicted, my guess is that house is a MESS of unknown DNA from all of the many visitors who pass through. Unless LE has something damning like cutting himself and his blood mixing with victims', defense will argue that he was just a one-time partygoer who left innocuous DNA there on a separate visit. LE seems to have a lot of evidence tying him to the scene but IMO the DNA is going to be one of the items most hotly contested by defense
Agreed AND, I bet he left his cell phone at his home OR had something in place to not be tracked there. An potential alibi (in his mind).

ALL IMHO

The DNA doesn’t lie.
Period.

The fact that they were able to identify the perp through his DNA left at the King Road murder scene shows the amazing & truly REMARKABLE advances of DNA science.
There was no CODIS hit so experts were able to carefully piece the puzzle together through familial DNA.

THEN AFTER THE PERP WAS IDENTIFIED THEY COLLECTED HIS DNA AGAIN EITHER EN ROUTE TO PA OR FROM HIS PARENTS HOME.
This was tested AGAIN and VERIFIED to belong to BK.

Protocol is STRICT in this testing procedure.

This VERIFICATION happened during the 4 “surveillance” days the police are reporting.

Then and only then- after BK was identified AND CONFIRMED through additional scientific DNA testing- a judge granted the search warrants for BK‘s parents PA home and for the car.
Additional search warrants then approved in WA for his apartment and office.

The DNA doesn’t lie.
It is GUARANTEED to belong to BK.

108 TRILLION to one odds it is BK.

HE WILL BE CONVICTED.

They are asking for more information about the perp himself and to 100% rule out any accomplices on the fringes, not asking for general “tips” because they HAVE THE RIGHT GUY - they are 108 TRILLION to one CERTAIN.

Yes, DNA was part of the puzzle but not all of it. This is what I think happened
  • DNA at the scene that was not any victim DNA but from blood mixture = the killer
  • Match of DNA not in criminal database means killer has no record
  • Sighting of white Elantra at scene, possible killer car
  • Tip from someone in CJ program at Pullman, knows his white Elantra, knows he visits Moscow, knows he is angry re women = connected the dots
  • PD follows BCK and picks up straw or cup etc DNA in trash, get BCK DNA
  • DNA from BCK compares with DNA from crime scene = killer DNA is BCK DNA

Of course correlated with other evidence of premeditation/ stalking= Death Penalty x 4
JMO

I kinda wonder if he knew Xana somehow and found her "annoying"?

Xana's dad said she turned her life around
Xana would visit Pullman
BK has numerous issues.

It's possible they crossed paths over in Pullman

Just a thought..moo

Kohberger’s father traveled with him from Washington state to Pennsylvania, according to the public defender and a person who claims to have interacted with the father and son earlier in December.

That person, who asked not to be identified, said they did not know the father and son but engaged in friendly conversation with them at an auto maintenance shop on December 16 in Pennsylvania, while the two were getting their Elantra serviced. (A separate person also confirmed to CNN the father and son did business at the location on December 16.)

The father told the individual he flew to Washington state and made the cross-country trip with Kohberger, adding his son would be traveling to the west coast alone after the holidays. Police have not indicated the suspect’s father is in any way implicated in the killings. CNN has attempted to contact the father for comment.

Apparently there is a connection between one of the victims, Kaylee Goncalves, and the murderer Byran Kohberger, according to Steve Goncalves, (father of victim Kaykee Goncalves), although the nature of the connection is not yet disclosed.

"Steve Goncalves, Goncalves’ father, told ABC News after Kohberger’s arrest that neither he, nor anyone else in the family knew Kohberger. But he noted that after learning the suspect’s identity, they have started to see connections between Kohberger and Goncalves, though they couldn’t discuss them yet."

There is concerns SG may have been misled by fake Instagram accounts

This from Nov 21

“They’re telling us that there’s so much evidence that it’s going to take a lot of time to process it all,” Steve Goncalves told Fox News on Sunday.
“This wasn’t like a pinpoint crime. This person was sloppy.”

The grieving parents said police have not been able to confirm whether they have DNA from the suspect, but that officials have set up a mobile unit at the scene of the horrific crime in order to try to “expedite things.”

The killer “made a mess there, and they’re going to have to go through that point by point,” her father added.

I don't understand why the son didn't just fly home. Why have dad fly out there to ride back with him? Seems unnecessary to me. Unless the purpose was to get his car out of the area?

I find that part stranger than the Dad flying out. But maybe he had anxiety around flying or something. Do we know when his school starts classes back up? At my college we were out for about 6 weeks around the holidays. We didn't go back until late January. I remember going home during that time and it was a pain to get around and meet up with friends because I didn't have a car. If his school is out for that long, I could see an argument for wanting a car to get places. Just a thought. MOO

Like I said in the last thread, I can’t imagine him socializing in the same circles as the victims or attending their house parties. However, living so near Moscow and now reading about him going to bars to have a few beers and be creepy, I do wonder if their paths crossed at a Moscow bar the victims patronized. Possible he tried interacting with one or more of the girls and was rebuffed or just that he observed them and then followed them one time to find out where they lived. MOO but that’s my #1 theory until we know more.

agree. am also thinking it's a bar because bars and alcohol crop-up among the newer revelations about his past behaviour around women & sounds as if he might have been using alcohol- initially- as a confidence crutch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aburke