ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 44

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting developments in this case, especially learning more about the alleged perpetrator.

I had recently been seeing news reports about the calls to the property following noise complaints against the students from their neighbours (for example, Fox on 30 Dec: Idaho murders: New video shows police respond to King Road home second time in one night after loud party). Well, I would like to know who called them in and if these were genuine calls from annoyed neighbours.

I note one call (on 16 August 2022) which seemed particularly early in the day. I am not sure of the practices in the USA for noise complaints, but unless the noise was often disturbing in the very early part of the day/evening (e.g. there is disturbing noise each and every day at that time) it is unlikely that this would be a nuisance to neighbours that disturbed the peace, particularly if their neighours are other students.

Could this have been the perpetrator, and so perhaps BK, calling to generate noise complaints so that if there was a scuffle at the property in the future weeks or months the police might not investigate it, or when the crime was discussed in the media in the days following that it would help to create the image of a noisy frat party house and lend itself to a theory that the offence was committed by other students.

Just MOP and thoughts. Not sure if discussed above, sorry if so.

EDIT: Correction.

Interesting developments in this case, especially learning more about the alleged perpetrator.

I had recently been seeing news reports about the calls to the property following noise complaints against the students from their neighbours (for example, Fox on 30 Dec: Idaho murders: New video shows police respond to King Road home second time in one night after loud party). Well, I would like to know who called them in and if these were genuine calls from annoyed neighbours.

I note one call (on 16 August 2022) which seemed particularly early in the day. I am not sure of the practices in the USA for noise complaints, but unless the noise was often disturbing in the very early part of the day/evening (e.g. there is disturbing noise each and every day at that time) it is unlikely that this would be a nuisance to neighbours that disturbed the peace, particularly if their neighours are other students.

Could this have been the perpetrator, and so perhaps BK, calling to generate noise complaints so that if there was a scuffle at the property in the future weeks or months the police might not investigate it, or when the crime was discussed in the media in the days following that it would help to create the image of a noisy frat party house and lend itself to a theory that the offence was committed by other students.

I think that’s very plausible.

The source said the suspect was seen wearing gloves after the murders, even to a supermarket because 'he's not stupid and has been very careful'

The source said cell phone data showed he was in the same area as his victims in the weeks leading up to their deaths

This is BS in MO.

Too many coincidences. This person's cousins went to school with him. They live in same town as sister AND a friend of theirs was a cop following him.

I don't think local LE are assigned those tasks anyway. It would've been FBI agents.

I think local LE were busy with the bad weather.
To add to @OrangeRhyme - the glove thing is not all that odd. PA this time of year is cold. I recently moved from NY and this wouldn’t be that unusual. Hate to defend his actions in anyway but this just hit me as a ridiculous comment.

Bringing my post over from the other thread. I suggest some killers are not overly concerned with being apprehended/arrested:

I have thought about this multiple times and I would like to suggest that "getting caught" is not necessarily even a consideration for many of these killers, this guy included. If he is what I suspect he is...he was all about the act and was willing to take the repercussions if he even considered them at all.

Going back to his "survey"...I note that there was zero reference to concerns about arrest; instead the questions were specific to the mechanics and emotion of committing the crime. The act was his obsession, imo.

Kemper called the police on himself when he finally committed the ultimate act. Bundy thoroughly enjoyed being arrested and being the center of attention... and a self appointed "expert" on serial killers. This is the feel I get from this guy. I wouldn't be surprised if he confesses to other things.

This is pure speculation on my part. I could be wrong. Again.
I also found it interesting that there were so few survey questions on the aftermath (e.g. fleeing the scene of the crime, elluding LE, eventual capture -- he was reaching out to people who were obviously captured and convicted). It could mean he didnt care about that part as you speculate. And that might explain his sloppiness. Pure speculation on my part as well.

I also found it interesting that there were so few survey questions on the aftermath (e.g. fleeing the scene of the crime, elluding LE, eventual capture -- he was reaching out to people who were obviously captured and convicted). It could mean he didnt care about that part as you speculate. And that might explain his sloppiness. Pure speculation on my part as well.
Yes, it’s actually very telling.

I don't understand why the son didn't just fly home. Why have dad fly out there to ride back with him? Seems unnecessary to me. Unless the purpose was to get his car out of the area?
Hi, I work at a university and have worked at 3 other universities (not commuter type). MOO. The dorm lots are deserted during break. Few cars are left. The students tend to drive home, even when home is very far away. Sometimes they are driving a friend home with them to spend the holidays. Sometimes they are taking stuff home and will come back loaded up with other stuff (for their dorms or apts). JMO. Even with gas high, they still like to drive home for some reason.

Deny, deny, deny, a pattern, imo, rbbm
''BETHLEHEM, Pa. — The suspect in the killings of four University of Idaho students last month had been known to some employees at a Pennsylvania brewery to make “creepy” and inappropriate comments, the business owner said.

Since Bryan Christopher Kohberger’s arrest Friday in Albrightsville, Pennsylvania, some who knew or had exchanges with the 28-year-old are now reflecting on those interactions in light of his arrest on a murder warrant in the Nov. 13 deaths of the students in Moscow, Idaho.

Jordan Serulneck, 34, the owner of Seven Sirens Brewing Company in Bethlehem, said Kohberger had gone by himself to the brewery a few times and would sit at the bar.''

''Serulneck said Kohberger didn’t do anything in front of him or management, but he said he would make comments under his breath or if only one person was working at the bar.''

Kohberger had not returned to the brewery since Serulneck approached him months ago about the complaints from his staff, the owner said.

“I went up to him and I said, ‘Hey Bryan, welcome back. We appreciate you coming back. … I just wanted to talk to you real quick and make sure that you’re going to be respectful this time and we’re not going to have any issues,’” he said. “And he was completely taken aback. He was shocked that I was saying that, and he said, ‘I don’t know what you’re talking about. You totally have me confused.’”

''LaBar, who is representing the suspect in the extradition but not the murder case, said he spoke with his client for about an hour Friday following his arrest. “He was very aware, but calm, and really shocked by his arrest,” LaBar said.''

That person, who asked not to be identified, said they did not know the father and son but engaged in friendly conversation with them at an auto maintenance shop on December 16 in Pennsylvania, while the two were getting their Elantra serviced.
(A separate person also confirmed to CNN the father and son did business at the location on December 16.)

The father told the individual he flew to Washington state and made the cross-country trip with Kohberger, adding his son would be traveling to the west coast alone after the holidays. Police have not indicated the suspect’s father is in any way implicated in the killings. CNN has attempted to contact the father for comment.

The person described the younger Kohberger as “a little awkward,” but not suspiciously so. The suspect reportedly told the person he wanted to go into the field of behavioral criminal justice and become a professor.
Thanks

snipped by me - just for the CNN quote.

so we all guessing that the mechanic might be the tip-off? Or is it too much of a stretch for a mechanic to call in an Elantra 2015 when LE thousands miles away appealed for a 2011-13 Elantra?

Notice that BK has changed his career ambition again. ( So far we heard he'd mentioned a career in forensics, psychology and LE)

Last edited:
This is BS in MO.

Too many coincidences. This person's cousins went to school with him. They live in same town as sister AND a friend of theirs was a cop following him.

I don't think local LE are assigned those tasks anyway. It would've been FBI agents.

I think local LE were busy with the bad weather.

Hallelelujah

Just posted something similar.
There's a reason the Mail reporter has cropped out the source's Facebook tag

FBI run a tight ship - how would FBI's forensics analysis of BK's phone contents end up being leaked to a local cop by 1st Jan?

I wonder if he was even aware that his attempts to engage with girls/women seemed "creepy" to them.

He tried to do the same in HS.

That is why he was confused when brewery boss talked to him about his behaviour.

He seems to be obliviuos of social norms - didn't his up floor neighbour complain that BK noisily cleaned his apartment in the middle of the night?

JMO

I agree 100%. The following is MOO. He looks older than his age. Plus, no matter his expression in a picture, or when/where it was taken, his eyes are dead. Even in selfies. And he apparently projects a heavy creep factor in person. Definitely not someone you would want at a lighthearted evening of fun and under-age drinking. But, since that house was well-known as a party house, its not impossible that he could have followed some revelers there one night and crashed a party.

Based on the anecdotes people are sharing about him: stopping random women in the hall at school to ask if they want to hang out, asking his friend's girlfriend to share a bottle and hang out with him, asking wait-staff at restaurants where they live and their schedules (totally predator vibe there), etc., I can see him rolling out some of that behavior and freaking the young ladies out. And the younger guys, flush with alcohol and feeling their manliness, tossing him out on his ear. That kind of humiliation could certainly result in him targeting the house. MY OPINION ONLY.

Now that he's been arrested, maybe his face will remind someone of an interaction where he stood out in a bad way, that might explain him having something against the location or people there.

I would be surprised to find out BCK had not felt his full ego such that he showed up at the places where these girls worked, came to the bar they frequented, and to the grub truck, or watched them on the online feed.
It is possible the males in these girls’ lives, as well as other friends knew of this creep with the rude mouth and No social skills and No skills with women.

Fits the profile of the angry incel
For all his CJ knowledge he left a wake of evidence-
makes perfect sense for a Reader and Watcher of life and Not actions of a Liver of Life!

JMO

Last edited:

The source said the suspect was seen wearing gloves after the murders, even to a supermarket because 'he's not stupid and has been very careful'

The source said cell phone data showed he was in the same area as his victims in the weeks leading up to their deaths
Well, that's alarming. IF the source of that story is really a "friend" of a police officer assigned to follow BK, they will sooner or later figure out who that police officer is and he's probably in trouble. And someone, a police officer who shared things with a "friend" is really, really pissed off.

Right? How could the father have been completely oblivious. Perhaps BK assumed hiding in plain sight made him less suspect rather than taking extreme measures to disguise the car or his association with it. I swear, certain fact about this case make it seem like BK wanted to be caught.
I believe this to be common mistake by, or MO of narcissistic killers. They believe themselves to be more intelligent, more cunning and devious, than other people. They also need to fuel their own narcissistic tendencies and notoriety and so talk to the media (or in the modern age engage on social media). I can think of a number of examples in the UK where the murderer speaks out publicly in the guise of being a helpful, knowledgeable person but it is all part of the show (e.g. the caretaker in the Soham murders).

I am not sure he wanted to be caught exactly, but rather that if despite his public statements and behaviours he did not get caught, this would help him to form his intention or fuel his anger for his next killing - regarding the police, this new crime is their fault that they did not catch me, regarding his family members or friends this new crime their fault that they did not see it or report it - and will intend to punish them for their negligence or permission to continue. He may already have committed other lower level non-violent or violent crimes which were not caught or investigated, and was used to getting away with it while being in plain sight. Perhaps so this most recent offending was punishing law enforcement and his family for negligence. Just my honest views on intent.

"Fox News confirmed through a police source that investigators have only been focused on Kohberger as their suspect "the last few days."

"Genetic genealogy work on DNA left at the scene of the crime was instrumental in leading them to Kohberger, Fox News was told. "

BBM

Wow

Source:

typically when you make a complaint such as this, you are asked your name and address and your phone # would show up so he would have had to pretend to be a neighbor to make this credible and even then police would have his phone#

Does anyone know the conviction rate in Idaho? I’m just learning about the prosecution of homicides and I’m wondering if all they have is a link to DNA.
No weapon
No witnesses
No video/audio
No confession or incriminating statements

It will be very enlightening to learn where the DNA was found. If under fingernails of more than one victim, it tells quite the story. If just in the house, it’s a weaker link.

Not to say he Didn’t do it. Just to say, I’m waiting for the evidence.

Hallelelujah

Just posted something similar.
There's a reason the Mail reporter has cropped out the source's Facebook tag

FBI run a tight ship - how would FBI's forensics analysis of BK's phone contents end up being leaked to a local cop by 1st Jan?

The DM don't fact check and have no journalistic standards. NYT and other papers always fact check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RETI20