ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why the son didn't just fly home. Why have dad fly out there to ride back with him? Seems unnecessary to me. Unless the purpose was to get his car out of the area?

howsabout this scenario

BK tells parents that he's having another MH ' episode' ( I'm guessing he's had a few since adolescence- as well as the drug rehab & year he lost 80lbs/or more)

Am just basing this speculation on what the undergrads at WSU were saying - wtte that he seemed on a 'knife edge' - looked rough, his personal grooming was deteriorating, coffee always in hand, his professor was unhappy with his work. etc)
Plus his neighbour said that s/he submitted noise complaints because he was regularly making noise at 1-2am. ( Vaccuming & cleaning noises were mentioned.) Another bout of insomnia occurring or just a desperate cleaning- up attempt?

So he calls parents and says he's not sure if he can make the journey home. If your kid had fairly recently conquered his heroin addiction, maybe that's a motivator?

I know posters have said that they've driven their kids thousands of miles to their university as a bonding thing but maybe the Krohbergers were worried based on his past problems?

All JMO speculation

Last edited:
Is it a fact finger prints are required as a prerequisite for hire in PA schools? At the school corporation I worked at (not PA), only background and drug testing were required. I’ve not seen anything on the PA DOE website requiring fingerprints.

Seems to be required (now). This is what I found.

Same here — what 400 calls?

I think its this.
It wouldn’t let me copy/paste.

Since his arrest LE has received 400 calls.

Jmo

ETA.

Within an hour of Kohberger being identified as the suspect, more than 400 calls came in to the Moscow Police Department's tip line, Fry said.

Last edited:
Be interesting if someone comes out saying they knew him in rehab, if it's even true......I get the feeling the guy is a serial manipulator like you said and a massive BS artist. "thinks he's the smartest guy in the room"
And I want to hear from someone that BK was learning and practising knife combat/defence. Hard to believe he overlooked that part of his preparations

typically when you make a complaint such as this, you are asked your name and address and your phone # would show up so he would have had to pretend to be a neighbor to make this credible and even then police would have his phone#
Thank you for some context. From what you say, it appears it is technically possible, then, if someone would go to the trouble of using a burner phone, etc. and the identity provided is not checked or verified by the authorities?

Interesting developments in this case, especially learning more about the alleged perpetrator.

I had recently been seeing news reports about the calls to the property following noise complaints against the students from their neighbours (for example, Fox on 30 Dec: Idaho murders: New video shows police respond to King Road home second time in one night after loud party). Well, I would like to know who called them in and if these were genuine calls from annoyed neighbours.

I note one call (on 16 August 2022) which seemed particularly early in the day. I am not sure of the practices in the USA for noise complaints, but unless the noise was often disturbing in the very early part of the day/evening (e.g. there is disturbing noise each and every day at that time) it is unlikely that this would be a nuisance to neighbours that disturbed the peace, particularly if their neighours are other students.

Could this have been the perpetrator, and so perhaps BK, calling to generate noise complaints so that if there was a scuffle at the property in the future weeks or months the police might not investigate it, or when the crime was discussed in the media in the days following that it would help to create the image of a noisy frat party house and lend itself to a theory that the offence was committed by other students.

Just MOP and thoughts. Not sure if discussed above, sorry if so.

EDIT: Correction.
Interesting idea. I think it was 5:30pm in that one video - in the US it varies but many jurisdictions set noise restrictions after 10pm, but if you have unreasonable noise during the day the cops can still respond and write a ticket too.

The cops said how loud the music was in that video and the others as well, even threatening a ticket multiple times, so I do think they legitimately were being very loud and disturbing the neighbors.

"Fox News confirmed through a police source that investigators have only been focused on Kohberger as their suspect "the last few days."

"Genetic genealogy work on DNA left at the scene of the crime was instrumental in leading them to Kohberger, Fox News was told. "

BBM

Wow

Source:

Someone in his program connected the dots- knew he drove a white Elantra, sat in class with him, had heard his comments to women, and called in a Tip
If No Tips came from peers in the PhD program- can’t be much of a PhD Criminology program!

JMO

And, just MOO of course, but I don't think LE's evidence is enough to convict this guy. It's not a slam dunk because they're still leaving doors open--saying they're still investigating and that they're still taking tips.
ALL IMHO

The DNA doesn’t lie.
Period.

The fact that they were able to identify the perp through his DNA left at the King Road murder scene shows the amazing & truly REMARKABLE advances of DNA science.
There was no CODIS hit so experts were able to carefully piece the puzzle together through familial DNA.

THEN AFTER THE PERP WAS IDENTIFIED THEY COLLECTED HIS DNA AGAIN EITHER EN ROUTE TO PA OR FROM HIS PARENTS HOME.
This was tested AGAIN and VERIFIED to belong to BK.

Protocol is STRICT in this testing procedure.

This VERIFICATION happened during the 4 “surveillance” days the police are reporting.

Then and only then- after BK was identified AND CONFIRMED through additional scientific DNA testing- a judge granted the search warrants for BK‘s parents PA home and for the car.
Additional search warrants then approved in WA for his apartment and office.

The DNA doesn’t lie.
It is GUARANTEED to belong to BK.

108 TRILLION to one odds it is BK.

HE WILL BE CONVICTED.

They are asking for more information about the perp himself and to 100% rule out any accomplices on the fringes, not asking for general “tips” because they HAVE THE RIGHT GUY - they are 108 TRILLION to one CERTAIN.

Likely this case was solved with DNA, cctv and ( possibly) cell phone location data. Incredible to think that 15-20 years ago, this would have been largely unsolvable.
True - even with DNA techniques, it may have taken a very long time to solve to the point of becoming cold while the offender continued to offend. Perhaps the alleged perp's studies had given him a false view as many case studies on a criminal justice course are from a previous generation. He may have thought he had done enough in the house to obscure his DNA identity, e.g. gloves and masks without knowledge of scientific investigatory advances. Further geneology seems to be the difference in today's world, and there are only a couple of modern nortorious cases where this has been used to solve cold cases, rather than the use of it in recent contemporary offences.

New article and new info!
BK allegedly stalked the girls for weeks before the murders.

Interesting read, but I would take the comments of an unnamed friend of a cop that supposedly followed the perp for a couple days in Pennsylvania, with not only a grain of salt, but the entire shaker full. The part about the gloves, possibly may be true, but if so, was probably due more to weather than desire to hide DNA. December in the Poconos, you probably would stand out more if you were not wearing gloves. The part about his phone trailing the vics for weeks before the murders, which vics? Surely they did not all cling to one another 24/7. Someone far closer to the investigation than this person is will have to report it before I buy that. JMO

Last edited:

What we know about the University of Idaho stabbings​

The authorities arrested 28-year-old Bryan Christopher Kohberger, a suspect in the deaths of four University of Idaho students, on Friday. The arrest marks a breakthrough in a case that initially bewildered investigators, who have yet to locate a murder weapon.

The four students — Ethan Chapin, Xana Kernodle, Madison Mogen and Kaylee Goncalves — were found dead at an off-campus home, after police responded to reports of an unconscious person, on Sunday, Nov. 13.

Kohberger has been charged with four counts of first-degree murder and one count of felony burglary in connection with the killings of the four students.

During a Friday press conference, the authorities reiterated that they would remain tight-lipped on what information could be shared with the public as the investigation continued.

"This is not the end of this investigation," Bill Thompson, the prosecutor for Latah County, which contains the University of Idaho, said. "In fact, this is a new beginning. You all now know the name of the person who has been charged with these offenses."

With the speed with which LE matched his DNA, I’m wondering if he previously gave a sample to GEDMatch?
It does not need to be his direct DNA, of course, and perhaps he would not be so careless. I would find it hard to believe an offender of this nature would provide DNA to a geneology site, or if he had would then go on to commit such an offence knowing his DNA is available. Of course, a "close" family member is sufficient to form a link, followed by traditional police work in the identified geneological pool to narrow down the potential POIs using the facts/evidence from the case - i.e. male, age range, location, access, no criminal record, vehicle ownership, etc.

17 hr
The police arrested a 28-year-old criminology student Friday and charged him with murder in the brutal killing of four University of Idaho students who were found stabbed to death in a home near campus last month. Here's what we learned after the arrest.

Apparently there is a connection between one of the victims, Kaylee Goncalves, and the murderer Byran Kohberger, according to Steve Goncalves, (father of victim Kaykee Goncalves), although the nature of the connection is not yet disclosed.

"Steve Goncalves, Goncalves’ father, told ABC News after Kohberger’s arrest that neither he, nor anyone else in the family knew Kohberger. But he noted that after learning the suspect’s identity, they have started to see connections between Kohberger and Goncalves, though they couldn’t discuss them yet."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member