ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 45

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole thing is bizarre to me, a grown man driving his Mother's car, and his Father flying out to accompany him home, and getting his adult son's car serviced? I'm wondering if they knew of more than the struggles we've heard of so far, and helicoptering their adult son?
Maybe BK, living in the bubble where everyone was talking about the case and thought the world would be looking for the Elantra as he crossed the states, thought it would look less suspicious if his father was with him.
JMO

Last edited:
I wonder whether he had planned another massacre or had thoughts in that direction?
What would his 'satisfaction' duration been, I wonder?
I have wondered that myself.

For example if he went and kill the girls but KG had not been there that night, would he have then planned another night and gone to her parents home to kill her before she left for Texas ?
ALL OPINION
Scary

Did anyone else notice how the attorney he has right now seems like he can’t wait to get rid of him? He seemed like they can’t pack him onto the plane fast enough.
Maybe so, but he doesn't miss an opportunity to talk when asked. Not certain that's a good idea. It looks like he gained a client in representing BCK's parents, if I read that correctly.

Idaho Murder Suspect Had Been a Student of the Criminal Mind

“Officials pleaded for tips and videos, while thousands of internet sleuths around the country suggested an array of people as the likely culprit: a former boyfriend of one of the victims, a man who was with two of the victims when they got a meal from a food truck, two roommates who were in the home when the killings occurred but apparently slept through them.

None of the online discussion groups identified Mr. Kohberger.”

We have yet to hear from any former girlfriends, and I’m betting it’s because there aren’t any! I’d say this comes down to his alleged anger, narcissism, social awkwardness, inappropriate chats, egotistic views and belief he is superior intellectually. All this from former friends, acquaintances. It would be interesting to know the family dynamic here. Surely you can’t hide all those traits at home. Did everyone walk on eggshells around him? Was he pampered and coddled to avoid blow ups? Not judging the parents or family here, just curious if you are more aware of a persons traits such as these if you are close to them. He seems to burn bridges in friendships quite quickly, how would that work in the family home?

WS really does a great job NOT using the kinds of sources you're talking about. But, we will have to agree to disagree about our duty as citizens. There will always be rapid speculation ( I see NONE on WS ) and the jury pool is screened (in all courts I've been in) for just this kind of bias. I've seen criminal defense attorneys who followed a crime closely impanelled and then, doing their duty, return a guilty verdict.

I believe our Constitution allows us to be independent thinkers, encourages it, in fact. It also gives journalism (and education) the ability to question everything. Everything. Full stop. As long as we don't yell "fire" in a crowded theater, etc.

The Courts themselves disagree with you. Opinions and comments on MSM are allowed (much less moderated than here).

More than half of Americans aren't reading much or any news (although I suspect Latah County is totally immersed in this - which is why there can be a change of venue), Most normal humans abide by the rules of court - which ask us to set aside prior beliefs and impressions about a case.

We are not required to give up the basic human quality of attempting to assess bad behavior as against good behavior.

It does not make either the prosecution's OR the defense's job more difficult. But if you have a source for that, I'd love to see it, as it is a big interest of mine.

I wish I could take credit for conveying in only four lines, all that you have attributed to me. Unfortunately I lack such writing ability. I am simply advocating facts rather than unsubstantiated theory. It is a gentle suggestion, not a mandate.

I wonder whether he had planned another massacre or had thoughts in that direction?
What would his 'satisfaction' duration been, I wonder?
Also, rather than assume the first criminal act of his life was to stab 4 people to death, surely the FBI is considering escalation and looking at missing cases and unsolved murders from 2013 or so (he would be 18) in his area of PA.

Also, rather than assume the first criminal act of his life was to stab 4 people to death, surely the FBI is considering escalation and looking at missing cases and unsolved murders from 2013 or so (he would be 18) in his area of PA.
I don't know. I'm watching the biog of Dennis Radar right now on tube.
His first massacre was aged 28 and he killed 4 people!

I wonder how many people who crossed paths with this <modsnip: Name calling not allowed> wondered if he was the killer. I get a chill just looking at him. People like this have an energy about them that one can feel. A coldness that cuts to the bone. (See, again, The Gift of Fear.)
IMO Tell us how you REALLY feel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even kids know that the location of the mobile phones can be traced even if they are switched off.

So, if he had his cell phone with him that night, that would be the most stupid thing he could have done, on the top of all other most stupid things he certainly has done amongst which driving to kill 4 people on the car registered to his mum and not checking if any of his relatives sent their DNA to genealogy DB. And I am sure we will learn about few more stupid things he has done. Because the guy lacks basic existential intelligence, he is not street-wise person. He was protected for almost all of his life by his family and failed the moment he left his shelter and became detached from his family. The only reason why LE was baffled by the case at the beginning was because they could not find any obvious connection between him and 4 victims. That was the only smart part of his plan.
But he may have thought he would never get caught. I wouldn't be surprised if he not only had his cell phone with him, but took pictures of the crime scenes as "trophies".

I wonder how many people who crossed paths with this <modsnip: Name calling not allowed> wondered if he was the killer. I get a chill just looking at him. People like this have an energy about them that one can feel. A coldness that cuts to the bone. (See, again, The Gift of Fear.)

Sometimes.

But in my experience, many dangerous people similar to this person are often quite charismatic.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's tiring me out too but I don't think it's settled just because BKs lawyer said it was planned earlier in the Fall. He could have been lied to. In any case, the airline ticket issue date will prove it. There are multiple possibilities:
1. The car trip was preplanned and coincidental having nothing to do with the murders.
2. The car trip was planned after the murders, in order to have an excuse to get the car out of the area, or because BK needed parental support, or for some other reason.
3. The car trip was preplanned, but the murders were also preplanned to take place on or around Nov 12, with the trip set up ahead of time as an excuse to remove the car/suspect from the area afterwards. It would look normal to leave for Christmas break.
I think the obsession with one or more of the victims was present, but I think it was triggered by KG being in town. Either he saw her, found out through her social media or whatever means, he knew that was the time to put his plan into action.

I agree with most everything you stated. In my opinion, the trial is part of his original plan. I am not suggesting he intended to be apprehended. However, in planning this sick Fantasy of his in advance, he would have to account for the possibility of eventually being caught. Now, the next part of his plan will be to make a complete public spectacle of the trial where he will be the center of the world’s attention, trying to outsmart the science and the prosecutors. I am very optimistic for the prosecutors however. With all of the resources dedicated to this investigation, I am certain that they have gone through every possible angle of attack against the defense could raise to rebut the evidence they have accumulated. That is why I believe law-enforcement has overwhelming evidence consisting of surveillance images, cell phone data, social media connections, and DNA evidence all tying to the suspect. All MOO of course.
OTOH, this guy has been spiraling out of control for years. He barely made it through his under grad, got his masters by default and is now in the first semester of post grad. He's 28 years old and living off his parents. He has no friends. He may know he can't finish this post grad course. He may feel like a failure. Planned or not, he has murdered 4 people and has been caught and arrested.

I'm thinking he may plead guilty once he gets to Idaho...I think he can do that..and forego a trial. He may know that he screwed up. He may not want the world to know how he screwed up. He may want to keep what he did, how he did it and the horror to the victims to himself. He has completed his fantasy. He knows what it's like to kill. Prison and being around other murders/prisoners might be just what he wants. He will still be famous and the source of study and interest for years to come. Just like Ted Bundy and BTK. All JMO.

MOO-- The knife could be be in the ceiling panels or duct work, or in his office walls or floors at his school. I'm sure LE will be searching his school for it. There's many possibilities. Imagine him driving to his apt. after the murders. Would he want to get rid of it fast? Not found yet. Not needed to nail him though.
Yes. In the duct work, or in a flower bed or bush on the university property, or at Mama's woods.

That’s also very likely. Getting the car and the knife back to PA, away from LE and 2500 miles from murder scene and his apartment and office. He hadn’t lived in that area long enough but back home he has history of the area IMO
I can't see him taking the knife back to PA with him for Christmas. It's just too big of a risk. If he got stopped for any reason, there's the possibility of it being found. His father could have found it in the car. Too risky. Plus, he was planning to return to ID after Christmas (with what I think would be a different car), so I bet he hid it somewhere in ID so he would have it as his souvenir.

Another thought occurred to me as to how LE was drawn to the white Elantra. Since BK relocated to Pullman in August, did he register his car in WA? If so, when? Did BK keep the PA plates? Did the car have PA license plates on 11/13? Is that what drew the attention to the vehicle on surveillance footage?
I would bet that he had not registered the car in ID and that it still had PA plates on it. I've moved multiple times and it has taken me many. months to reregister my car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member