ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This woman is not credible.

Agreed. I don't see BK acting like this. I saw the interview with the woman, and it sounded like:

1) She was genuinely mistaken about the taunting/disruptive person being BK...or
2) Someone else was acting like this & she knew it wasn't BK, but wanted her 15 minutes of fame and/or money anyway...or
3) She made the whole story up.

In any case, the story smells like B.S.

Last edited:
But LE have to weigh risk all the time.
If they did not have sufficient evidence to arrest him on the day he set off or felt that allowing him to leave might catch him dumping evidence which they could pick up at as he passed. etc

Sounds really well co-ordinated to me. They knew exactly where he was driving over those 2(?) days while they got all their ducks in a row. Then 4 days surveillance at the home

The ISP pull overs might also have been staged ( FBI in ISP uniforms to get some body cam to double check, if, for example, one of the two was snoozing on the back seat?)

He could drop off on a remote path as you say but they have a plane overhead
We need to figure out when exactly they identified him.

No, Codis only has YOU after you have been convicted of a crime. Plus it is a different, more rudimentary dna test. Many less markers.

LE has found criminals through family matches, long before they started doing modern genetic genealogy. Even the rudimentary test will work, if there is a close relationship.

The ‘Grim Sleeper’ comes to mind. He was caught because his son was arrested.

I believe that this was a California criminal database, but similar to CODIS.

MOO

He attended class right after the killings. If he had scratch marks, his class mates would have noticed and leaked it to the media.

Since he was observed wearing gloves in public in PA, how do you know he wasn't wearing regular men's cold weather gloves to class in WA?

Pretty easy to cover up bruises and scratches, btw. I do it all the time, as I have a wild puppy and get some tremendous scratches which I prefer not to show to my students. I simply use a small amount of foundation. But if it were just sitting as a student in a class, I'd of course wear a long sleeve shirt and gloves if I had a scratch on the back of my hand (which is not at all the most likely place for this defendant to have been scratched in the first place.

I believe that since he apparently left a full enough DNA profile for LE to hit up GEDMatch, that he very likely cut himself (above article I linked from NYPost and an interview that may or may not be allowed here call him "clumsy"). Since I believe he wore anti-cut gloves, a mask and long sleeved jacket, and I believe he used a particular set of techniques to accomplish his crime swiftly, I think the most likely place that he would have cut himself might well be a leg (he likely used his body weight to pin his victims down while he attacked them, primarily by pressure from his knees, leaving his upper leg vulnerable).

This is just my speculation about the nature of possible cuts (perhaps quite superficial). We await the actual information either at the opening of the PCA or at trial.

Yep, he's not Brad Pitt or Jon Hamm (dating myself) but he's not some toad, either. Which makes me think it's his personality that was extremely off-putting to the ladies combined with thinking he should be with a supermodel. Also, we don't know if he has dated or had relationships because if this was one of my romantic fails, I wouldn't be bragging it about to the media. LE, we'd have a good old chat, though.

MOO
I do not think he's repulsive at all. But, holy hell, this look right here is downright terrifying!
1672769220932.png

4 hours before 3:30 hearing he’s at court?

Seems early

There's a significant amount of effort and coordination required by LE (and court bailiffs) to transport a high-profile inmate to the courthouse while continuing to carry out the normal duties at the jail and court with existing staff. The security required here both on the route and inside the courthouse dictates the transport not be put off until the last minute!

This is an old courthouse with limited seating and the crowds (journos and spectators) were also early to gather.

(We've discussed this in other cases such as with Colorado's Letecia Stauch who's notorious for refusing to attend court and how this impacts the deputies and court bailiffs).

I think that it wasn’t a fight—it was a one-sided slaughter.

I think that a defense attorney use of the ‘no scratches’ argument might backfire. The prosecution could really make the point that these were helpless victims, asleep in their own beds, three of them petite girls, whose arms might not even be long enough to reach his face, if he’s holding them down
what if he was wearing a mask, like a ski mask?

No, Codis only has YOU after you have been convicted of a crime. Plus it is a different, more rudimentary dna test. Many less markers.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. But familial dna is not a specific kind of test. It's just a method of searching using a whole or partial DNA profile.

The threshold may require less to get a hit somewhere on the family tree. But it's not a separate or new test on a sample.

Since he was observed wearing gloves in public in PA, how do you know he wasn't wearing regular men's cold weather gloves to class in WA?

Pretty easy to cover up bruises and scratches, btw. I do it all the time, as I have a wild puppy and get some tremendous scratches which I prefer not to show to my students. I simply use a small amount of foundation. But if it were just sitting as a student in a class, I'd of course wear a long sleeve shirt and gloves if I had a scratch on the back of my hand (which is not at all the most likely place for this defendant to have been scratched in the first place.

I believe that since he apparently left a full enough DNA profile for LE to hit up GEDMatch, that he very likely cut himself (above article I linked from NYPost and an interview that may or may not be allowed here call him "clumsy"). Since I believe he wore anti-cut gloves, a mask and long sleeved jacket, and I believe he used a particular set of techniques to accomplish his crime swiftly, I think the most likely place that he would have cut himself might well be a leg (he likely used his body weight to pin his victims down while he attacked them, primarily by pressure from his knees, leaving his upper leg vulnerable).

This is just my speculation about the nature of possible cuts (perhaps quite superficial). We await the actual information either at the opening of the PCA or at trial.
That sounds plausible (most theories are, one is that he's a vegan and won't touch meat infected stuff), but I was looking for the link because it was stated by one that a class mate has told, that BK didn't shave to cover scratches.

same I always have cuts from my Puppy.

But LE have to weigh risk all the time.
If they did not have sufficient evidence to arrest him on the day he set off or felt that allowing him to leave might catch him dumping evidence which they could pick up at as he passed. etc

Sounds really well co-ordinated to me. They knew exactly where he was driving over those 2(?) days while they got all their ducks in a row. Then 4 days surveillance at the home

The ISP pull overs might also have been staged ( FBI in ISP uniforms to get some body cam to double check, if, for example, one of the two was snoozing on the back seat?)

He could drop off on a remote path as you say but they have a plane overhead
I’m sure they had his vehicle fully covered (GPS Tracker), and knew he would attempt to maintain an air of “normalcy” (as he did) during the road trip. Local LE and the Feds do this often, when pursuing such alleged felons for capture, arrest, and conviction purposes. Oh, and little need for plane when drones silently, efficiently, and at a fraction of the cost/trouble can do the work of an entire fleet of aircraft. JMOO

Agreed. I don't see BK acting like this. I saw the interview with the woman, and it sounded like:

1) She was genuinely mistaken about the taunting/disruptive person being BK.
2) Someone else was acting like this & she knew it wasn't BK, but wanted her 15 minutes of fame and/or money anyway.
3) She made the whole story up.

In any case, the story smells like B.S.
Turns out this lady inmate was describing another prisoner, not BCK. Brian Entin of NewsNation confirmed it was misreporting.

BBMFF

Ut oh, if this is true, I hope this does not become a problem during trial. Anyone in the legal field care to chirp in here?

Doesn't matter now that they have the actual man in question. HE has his own DNA and now he's been compelled to give it up as part of his arrest.

It will match what is at the scene and that's all that matters. Jury may never hear about the actual techniques used behind the scenes to try and find and arrest this guy. They will hear the evidence presented by prosecution about how he DOES match the DNA at the crime scene.

There will be maps and visual aids. It will probably show quite a bit of DNA evidence of his genome inside the intimate zone of these murders.

IMO. Not a lawyer, but do follow trials involving DNA pretty closely when I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helangel