ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to understand your confusion. The felony burglary charge is an Idaho statute.

Felony does not equate to federal. I don't know how else to explain it. Every state has felony crimes. It is a classification, not a jurisdiction.

Burglary

As defined in Idaho Code §18-1401, burglary is entering any property such as a home or store with the intent to commit a theft or a felony. This is a felony offense with a penalty of a mandatory 1 year in an Idaho state prison that can be up to 10 years.

18-1401. Burglary defined. Every person who enters any house, room, apartment, tenement, shop, warehouse, store, mill, barn, stable, outhouse, or other building, tent, vessel, vehicle, trailer, airplane or railroad car, with intent to commit any theft or any felony, is guilty of burglary.
18-1403. Punishment for burglary. Burglary is punishable by imprisonment in the state prison for not less than one (1) nor more than ten (10) years.
I do apologize. You are correct.

It has been over a month since the attack. Any superficial injuries he sustained in the attack would have healed. But he evidently left his DNA at the scene. He will have to explain that.

I'm going to go with the theory that he washed up at the apartment, used a toilet, or inadvertently touched something. He knew there was no DNA on record for him. He likely did not know that there was DNA out there that someone in his family had uploaded to a DNA matching site, which could ultimately be a resource for authorities, to obtain a match to him.

So BK is professing his innocence and his family is standing by him. This is set to be an interesting trial. Gotta say though, it is a good reminder that the presumption of innocence isn't just for HIM, its for ALL OF US.

I think I missed this info. When did SG say this?
Earlier on, but we do not know what his comment may have meant, as we must just take his word that the coroner, who has made other misstatements, told him this.

Kernodle, who had defensive wounds, and Chapin were found on the second floor of 1122 King Road. "It was a hell of a battle going on down there from what the coroner told us," Goncalves said.

Not how it works. Only convicted persons are in Codis and the dna test is much simpler than what they use for familial dna tests. It would be great if they updated their system. To reverse engineer - you have to use public records, social media, maps, and math. Simple in theory, but time consuming.
Thank you. I was kind of wondering where they stored my dna after that question. Good to know it’s not with convicted criminals. I just assumed it was for battlefield identification only but now I kind of want to look into it more.
This case is one of the most horrific and interesting cases I’ve followed here. It’s truly terrifying the possibilities that led up to these students being murdered, especially if he was unknown to them. And I think he was, imo. I’m very interested in the arrest warrant and i don’t believe he’s as intelligent as has been made out in the media. There are some glaring mistakes he made and unless he intended to be caught then he did them unknowingly. And if the reports are true that he stopped grading so tightly, grew his facial hair out and was more talkative then he did the number 1 thing I always see when LE puts out a possible suspect profile and that is act differently, change habits.
This case has also made me rethink my own security measures for some reason and no case has ever done that and I’ve been here since the beginning (different account). Even though this happened across the country from me he was actually arrested a hundred miles away.

4 hours before 3:30 hearing he’s at court?

Seems early

My best guess is:

A: they just want to get him into the courthouse before crowds build up

B: they rescheduled it for earlier and ‘haven’t gotten around to changing the website yet’—possibly for reasons connected to (A.)

MOO and all I can think of

What is it please? EasyPass, I mean?
I think it's the toll road system. Lots of tolls along that route so LE can track him as he passes.

Remember we all had that debate of whether FBI/LE ' tracking him' meant literally driving behind him or just monitoring his movements thru electronic toll collection where they could?

EZpass map search should bring up an image of which states & routes, so you could work out ' hand-off' points.

BBMFF

Ut oh, if this is true, I hope this does not become a problem during trial. Anyone in the legal field care to chirp in here?
That article is from 2019. There was controversy and a big uproar. Laws have changed since then, same with TOS, etc. This technique has already been used in court cases successully.

BK LIVED in Washington State, taught at a Washington college.

He DROVE 8 miles miles to Moscow IDAHO.

He crossed the state line. From Washington INTO Idaho.

That's how they got the felony burglary charge.

Moo..

The burglary charge is an Idaho state crime, claiming that BK entered the house intending to commit a crime, inside it. It has nothing to do with possible Federal charges, and nothing to do with crossing state lines.

MOO

The light used in taking a photograph makes a big difference in whether healed or healing bruises or scratches can be seen.

Mug shots are not usually taken by a forensic photographer. They are usually taken under flat white light (and quite a bit of light).

Here's a book on how lighting techniques affect the ability of forensic examiners to see scratches, bruises or other less visible injuries:

P. 226 gives a very interesting example of a healing wound that was virtually invisible. First image is reference (ordinary) lighting. The others are done by a forensic photographer which, I will bet a whole box of donuts, is what they did with BCK, probably or possibly before his mug shot.

And they will likely do the photography again in Idaho. Notice how the technique called "reflective UV" gives good results of wound shape even months later, when to ordinary photography the wound looks healed. Reflective UV is used in anthropological digs and to study marks on old bones as well (as long as some even more sensitive techniques that can only be used on the deceased). At any rate, we have a reflective UV light at my public college's anthro lab (no criminology program; not that many people going into forensics; not all that expensive).

So, my suggestion is to NOT use mug shots as your forensic evidence as a websleuth. Keep in mind that there are forensic investigators with techniques that can reveal convincingly to a jury that the defendant had past wounds.

As for wound healing times, I'll try and put something together soon. I got a good scratch 12 hours ago, and I'm way older than BCK, but I bet my ordinary light photos will not show it in 10 days. Maybe less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist