ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was an interview of an ex-FBI agent with Bill Hemmer and Dana Perino on the last thread where the agent said he thought BK's DNA was "reverse engineered" on a database and that led to the identification of BK's father. [This was not necessarily fact, it was unclear where he got this info from.] I had heard previously the father was in the military. Would military be on Codis? Maybe that is how they made a relatively quick identification?
That’s actually a good question about Codis. I’d like to know myself tbh. I do remember being swabbed a long time ago before I even knew what dna was so I assume there is some type of database that’s accessible and searchable. We didn’t have a choice or were allowed to ask questions about it so I just kept my mouth shut and only opened it to let them swab me, lol.

It's going to be hard for the prosecutor. He has no scratches on his face which would be normal during a fight.
It has been over a month since the attack. Any superficial injuries he sustained in the attack would have healed. But he evidently left his DNA at the scene. He will have to explain that.

My apologies if I missed it, but what time is the hearing? Will there be media coverage?

There was an interview of an ex-FBI agent with Bill Hemmer and Dana Perino on the last thread where the agent said he thought BK's DNA was "reverse engineered" on a database and that led to the identification of BK's father. [This was not necessarily fact, it was unclear where he got this info from.] I had heard previously the father was in the military. Would military be on Codis? Maybe that is how they made a relatively quick identification?
Not how it works. Only convicted persons are in Codis and the dna test is much simpler than what they use for familial dna tests. It would be great if they updated their system. To reverse engineer - you have to use public records, social media, maps, and math. Simple in theory, but time consuming.

First, despite a comment from SG that there was a "helluva battle on the second floor" (paraphrased), we do not know what that means, if it is even true. Defensive wounds on a victim does not mean that they put up a fight. And secondly, if he was scratched on his face, that would have occurred seven weeks ago. He would have most likely been completely healed from that well before now. JMO
He attended class right after the killings. If he had scratch marks, his class mates would have noticed and leaked it to the media.

WATCH: We're taking your questions live on
@LawCrimeNetwork
LUNCH SHOW Q&A at 12 ET ahead of Bryan Kohberger extradition hearing. Submit Q's on social or YT chat #IdahoFour

No cameras in the courtroom in Pennsylvania. Apparently, a camera being allowed in the hallway of the courthouse.

First, despite a comment from SG that there was a "helluva battle on the second floor" (paraphrased), we do not know what that means, if it is even true. Defensive wounds on a victim does not mean that they put up a fight. And secondly, if he was scratched on his face, that would have occurred seven weeks ago. He would have most likely been completely healed from that well before now. JMO
I think I missed this info. When did SG say this?

It looks like he was chained, chained, shackled, and chained. I'm sorry. I've been wanting to say that for years.

Anyway. My point. :)

I tried to count his steps and caught roughly 20. Shackled, maybe 40 feet? They were moving right along for about 10 seconds.

I'm a wimpy girl and don't wear a coat unless it's 32 degrees or less. I get uncomfortably hot in a coat.

I'm glad we got to see a little perp walk.

JMO
I was beginning to feel sorry for him and I really didn't want to go there.
Now I'm laughing and it feels healthier.
Owe you one and I'm the coldest cresture in the world, wear fleece during heatwaves..
Just goes to show
TRANSFERENCE.
We've solved it.:p

Ancestry claims that police did not make their intentions clear in that early request.

They successfully contested each and every subsequent request and no longer allow law enforcement access to their database. Which is consistent with everything that we've heard.

GEDMatch continues to be cited by most familial DNA work.

You mention Ancestry, but there are others who work with them if provided the right paperwork. Good point about GEDMatch. FBI practically owns that data.

GedMatch in 2019
This week, GEDmatch, a genetic genealogy company that gained notoriety for giving law enforcement access to its customers’ DNA data, quietly informed its users it is now operated by Verogen, Inc., a company expressly formed two years ago to market “next-generation [DNA] sequencing” technology to crime labs.

vs GEDMatch Dec 2021
GedMatch is now owned by Verogen

We don't know who submitted what to whom at this point but, it seems they obtained his DNA, then took to one of these routes. I don't submit mine anywhere.

I submit no dna to any company and have enjoyed working on genealogy for many years without doing so. I don't really get it as anything but a shortcut, and putting yourself out there to make actual contact with God knows who. EG: Oh, my long-lost cousin, BK, contacted me, and is a match on my genealogy profile. He wants to come to visit! Nooo, thanks. Actually happened to a friend, but thankfully this person was not a serial killer, just a bit weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay