ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And he may not have cut himself at all. I think the only one who had the strength to fight would have been Ethan. Surely he wore gloves and a mask. He planned this out. He just isn’t as smart as he thinks. I hurt so much for those four kids!
IMO, I don't believe he wore a mask. He went to kill someone so the victim seeing his face is irrelevant. The wearing of gloves is another issue, that would be done to avoid latent fingerprints, not necessarily avoid injury to his hands during the attack.

Because he was arrested in a different jurisdiction than where the crime was committed ( and charges filed ), he needs to be extradited back to that jurisdiction to be formally charged and prosecuted.

He had 2 choices., ask for an extradition hearing or waive his right to that hearing.
He waived his right to a hearing.

He really had no grounds to fight it, as the only grounds would be if he could prove he was not in the area when the crime was committed or he could claim there was not probable cause, etc.
IANAL

His Public Defender in PA says he waived extradition because he wants to return to Idaho and be exonerated, as he claims he is innocent.

Now he can be taken into Idaho authorities custody and transported back to Latah County.

MOO
Perfect, thank you

There is definitely a lot more to this that isn't obvious to me yet-

They knew to follow him but didn't have enough to arrest him. If they had had a familial tree that included him from GED and knew he owned a white Elantra he would have been under arrest.

If they didn't have the tree constructed yet then how did they know to devote the resources to follow him?
Referring back to this article in which they discuss all the steps LE would need to go through to name a suspect (and, as they say, still possibly get it wrong). The amount of DNA evidence alone is daunting. This case is super interesting.

His hands look very red and blotchy.

Sight on scene, his image gives me the chills. Creepy.

I've been wondering if BK didn't have a dating profile somewhere. Not sure how relevant that might be to the case.

@10ofRods A question for you: Could BK have used some kind of substance to render his victims unconscious? Something like chloroform or a gas of some kind? It's hard to imagine one person could subdue and take so many lives without the assistance of something/someone.

I
Or (hypothetically) he asked because he planted someone else's DNA at the scene, someone he thought would be a quick match.
I liked one of our WS Poster's supposition that his comment might be attributed to the fact that he was worried one of his family members had been arrested for possibly aiding or abetting. I forget the exact words but it made sense to me. And apologies to the Poster for not giving credit where credit is due!! I do NOT mean to infer that his family was involved. I believe if he has the capacity to love, he loves them. He has not been able to speak to them since his arrest.

There is definitely a lot more to this that isn't obvious to me yet-

They knew to follow him but didn't have enough to arrest him. If they had had a familial tree that included him from GED and knew he owned a white Elantra he would have been under arrest.

If they didn't have the tree constructed yet then how did they know to devote the resources to follow him?
I am thinking there were tips that lead to him and/or his phone pinging or some other small piece that they also had, plus his car, his area of study, etc. I think the DNA not being finished was what kept them from arresting, but I think they had some other pieces including his car and tips that were called in (maybe because of his car or if they had any of his cell data back it could have shown him in the area frequently). I definitely don't think this was totally random. What killer would choose an unknown house and unknown victims for a killing like this? I think if he didn't know the layout of the house maybe he googled it or he had been there just once or maybe just studied it from the outside, but watched where people went when they came home, etc.

Driving a car, being in the area even that night, and your phone being nearby likely aren't going to be something they can arrest for, but it certainly would raise eyebrows because how many cars like that could possibly be in that exact area when this horrific crime is happening?

I imagine them working the DNA from the beginning so they knew they were likely looking for someone with no violent history if his DNA wasn't on file, but then when it matched family DNA and he has the car, etc. Got him.

I do wonder if there were other people with that car who they also were just keeping track of waiting on the DNA?

Looking for any signs of injury again. Does it appear that the underneath of his eyes may have some healing bruises?
I can see where you could think that. To me it just looks like someone who hasn't slept very well for a couple of days. My little brother has the DARKEST under eye bags even when he gets plenty of sleep.

I don't see that, but he does look uneasy and he may be searching the room for a familiar face.

I see nothing remotely like a smile. He's blinking more than normal when he first walks in. Made me wonder if he usually wears contact lenses and isn't allowed them at the moment, Like someone trying to see a little better.
I thought he looked like a nervous wreck. Hard swallow like trying not to cry or puke. I think things might have suddenly gotten very real with him JMO

There are so many rumors about this case, first about the victims and now about the suspect. Hopefully, we will find the truth during trial because five families have been destroyed and even more friends. So sad.
I don’t know what to believe.

More questions were asked of Jennifer Coffindaffer, retired FBI. Her answers are below:

What sort of DNA of Bryan's do you think was found at the crime scene: possibly hair, sweat and saliva. He may also have accidentally cut himself while stabbing. Probably wore gloves, so possibly no touch DNA.

Since Bryan was charged with first degree murder, must they prove premeditation? Yes, and the fact that they charged him with first degree murder, it's likely they have a strong case to prove the crime was premeditated.

Was he a serial killer in the making? If guilty, he is a mass murderer. Being able to kill 4 people like this illustrates "complete psychotic dissociation."

LE is very likely doing a deep dive into unsolved crimes in Pennsylvania: unsolved burglaries, missing people, assaults, maybe even homicides. This probably wasn't his first crime.

Do you think he got rid of murder weapon on cross-country trip? Much more likely Bryan buried it or threw it in a river very shortly after the murders.

Do you think we are right that he used a Ka-bar style knife? Yes; it would have helped prevent slippage while stabbing due to the hand guard on the knife. Also, the coroner's report is consistent with this type of weapon.

Do you think Bryan will testify? If Bryan thinks the trial isn't going in his favor, he may have enough arrogance to do a "Hail Mary" and testify, thinking he can save himself.

She thinks this was targeted, a "femicide" murder (Ethan was collateral damage), and that the house was a "soft target". House on a cul-de-sac, great tree line from which Bryan could watch house, lots of people going in and out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member