ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with some kind of gag order. The daily Mail article about BK allegedly threatening to cut the guards, pee on them and expose his genitals has went viral and was completely untrue. It really is beggars belief how they are allowed to publish blatant lies.
There are still new members here reposting the same article over and over, believing it to be fact.

I believe that the gag order only applies to the prosecution and defense teams. And LE.

I’m getting pretty sick of seeing that DM article, myself, but BK can always sue them.

It’d be rather scary if the judge had the right to clamp down on the speech of news media and private citizens.

Last edited:
Sadly I have to agree with the person who wrote this article. For my part, I have no interest in serial killers. When I see those programs on TV I change the channel. I know that lots of people find serial killers fascinating, but I do not. I would rather walk over hot coal then watch a show about Jeffrey Dahmer- ugh.

I agree with you.

Before even reading the article from your post, I wrote yesterday something along the line that this is not a football game, but that does not help a lot. There always be people who will enjoy entertainment of bashing someone who is not in position to defend or retaliate. But, once the table turns 180 degrees are first to complain of being bullied. What goes around, comes around, it is good to remember this saying.

And another one. Do not kick a fallen man. It is temptingly, but stay decent.

The best policy at the moment is to wait and see what Moscow prosecutor has in that sealed file. I keep my mind open, not only because we know almost nothing as far as evidence is concerned. But also because if yesterday presser at Moscow ID after the extradition hearing is anything to go by, it was inconvincing. In Moscow ID are evidently not entirely happy that BK waived his extradition without fight. Which makes me thinking: why? Do they need more time, because so far they could not find any connection between BK and any of the victims? Did they fail to find some victims DNA in the car. Because, let be honest, in the light of missing murder weapon, of any evidence of connection between BK and any of the victims, and any indication that BK was fascinated or undergone knives combat or any combat training if we have to be precise, the question how he managed to kill 4 people and what was the motives for such horrible crime will hang in the air and will not go away.

He may be shy, socially awkward, he may be hard grader, he may be bulling as an act of retaliation of being bullied, but none of this is a criminal offence. This has to be remembered. He may commit the crime he is accused of, but he may be innocent. At this moment we do not know.

And let's not forget the victims and their families. The worst that could happen to them is 6 months from now BK to go free because of lack of evidence against him or because he is acquitred due to unfair trial, trial of public opinion etc..I am speculating about the time line but not about possible outcomes.

So, there is another question. Will Moscow ID LE and FBI keep combing that 19000 tips-off or now, when they have a suspect, they packed of that part of investigation altogether and will focus solely on digging around BK? What is the practice in this case?

If this CarFax is correct, the Elantra was registered in Washington state on November 18.
Meaning new license plates to replace the Pennsylvania plates.
5 days after the murders.

Has anyone looked into whether he might have used the excuse of taking the car out of Idaho because of any Idaho laws about vehicle emissions testing?

I'm seeing reference to some factors which might be applicable -

New Idaho Residents​

After becoming an Idaho resident, you have 90 days to register your vehicle; after vehicle registration (and if your vehicle qualifies), you'll receive notice that your vehicle must undergo an emissions inspection.

Out-of-State Extensions​

You might apply for an emissions test extension if your vehicle is located outside of the Idaho emissions testing area at the time a test is required*. Such circumstances include, but aren't limited to:

• Active-duty military personnel.
  • Out-of-state students.
  • Business purposes.
To apply for an extension, complete the Extension Application and mail or e-mail it, along with any supporting documentation, to the addresses listed on the form.

* NOTE: You won't be eligible if your vehicle is located in a state and/or county that has emissions testing reciprocity with Idaho. See “Out-of-State Reciprocity" below.

Out-of-State Reciprocity​

Idaho has emissions testing reciprocity with various states and counties across the country.

If your vehicle is out of state at the time of testing but located in one of the eligible states and/or counties, you must apply for reciprocity and have your vehicle tested in that area.

Check the Application for Reciprocity for the state and county in which your vehicle is located; then, if applicable, complete the form and mail it along with all required documentation to the mailing or email address listed on the form.

Idaho Car Inspection Exemptions & Requirements | DMV.ORG
I don’t think he was an idaho resident, he was a WA resident.
He had to get that Elantra out of Idaho and the prying eyes of LE and the public. You're absolutely correct, it makes no sense whatsoever that he would have his Dad fly out and them make that cross country drive.

I wonder if he planned on leaving the Elantra in PA and driving one of their cars back to Idaho when it came time to return?

MOO
Yeah what I’m getting at is what could his family have possibly thought was the reason for this driving trip. I don’t see one reasonable excuse he could have given them.

Ya'll do realize that they are choosing photos of him to publish. What is he supposed to do....pose for the camera with his best smile turned to his good side with a twinkle in his eye? This is what people in real life look like when they are stressed. Some people are just not photogenic, no matter what they do.
Every picture I've seen of him, including years older photos, his eyes are disturbing. Blank, dead, shark eyes I call them.

Like Alex Murdaugh, Patrick Frazee and a few others on these threads.

JMO

I live in AZ and my family lives in MI. In 15 years, I have only ever driven from MI to AZ to bring a family members car back with me that I purchased. I did the drive with my brother and he flew back. I go home to visit 4-6 times a year. Always, always fly. I can’t for the life of me figure out what he told his father/family was the reason for wanting to drive to PA for Christmas. I’ve heard it was because of mechanical issues with the car, and they did take the car to be serviced in PA upon arrival. But if there were mechanical issues why would you drive it 2000 miles? In the winter driving through northern states? And was it serviced in WA prior to departure? (And what exactly was serviced on the car in PA?) He registered for WA plates recently so the reason couldn’t be to register the car (which previously had PA plates/registration). Cost couldn’t be the reason, the father had to purchase a plane ticket to WA, and with gas prices it would have been cheaper for BK to fly solo from WA to PA and then PA to WA. And the father said BK was planning on driving all the way home alone according to the witness at the auto shop. From the looks of it in the bodycam footage, the backseat isn’t full of items/no moving of items. Why did he tell them he had to/wanted to drive home rather than fly?
I can think if a lot of reasons to not fly...... Lately the cancellations of many many flights due to weather, also due to staffing shortages. And, many people simply do not like to fly, especially after September 11. Some people enjoy road trips, this might have been a way for them to spend some time together. So many reasons. Maybe he was having his belongings shipped back home later on.... Or, maybe he just wanted to return the vehicle to PA. Could also be maybe BK was planning to ditch the car in PA since people associated the car with being in the Idaho area.

I’d like to challenge all the people linking personality traits, motive, and socialization to still photos and Internet videos to take an unedited video of themselves simply walking into a room with your hands clasped in front of you. Say a few words. How many still shots of you are “scary?”

The media is looking for the shots that make him look like a diabolical murderer. They’re playing you for clicks.

They’re also playing on the dangerous theme of Eugenics, which has long been debunked. Very kind people are found in “ugly” faces. Cruelty can be met in those who are deemed beautiful.

As any good grandma says: Looks Don’t Matter
Lucy Letby doesn't look like a serial baby killer but she's on trial for murdering 7 babies and attempting to murder 10 more.

Ted Bundy said in his last interview that murderers don't come out in the dark with fangs and saliva dripping off their chins. He said people want to be able to identify them but we can't.

They could be our neighbors or acquaintances. That's what makes this type of killer so scary.

I live in the Poconos, not far from Indian Mountain Lake community, and if I had seen BK at the grocery store I wouldn't have given him a second glance. If he had said hello to me I would have smiled and said hello back.

Has anyone looked into whether he might have used the excuse of taking the car out of Idaho because of any Idaho laws about vehicle emissions testing?

I'm seeing reference to some factors (below) which might be applicable (text changed to red by me) -

New Idaho Residents​

After becoming an Idaho resident, you have 90 days to register your vehicle; after vehicle registration (and if your vehicle qualifies), you'll receive notice that your vehicle must undergo an emissions inspection.

Out-of-State Extensions​

You might apply for an emissions test extension if your vehicle is located outside of the Idaho emissions testing area at the time a test is required*. Such circumstances include, but aren't limited to:

• Active-duty military personnel.
  • Out-of-state students.
  • Business purposes.
To apply for an extension, complete the Extension Application and mail or e-mail it, along with any supporting documentation, to the addresses listed on the form.

* NOTE: You won't be eligible if your vehicle is located in a state and/or county that has emissions testing reciprocity with Idaho. See “Out-of-State Reciprocity" below.

Out-of-State Reciprocity​

Idaho has emissions testing reciprocity with various states and counties across the country.

If your vehicle is out of state at the time of testing but located in one of the eligible states and/or counties, you must apply for reciprocity and have your vehicle tested in that area.

Check the Application for Reciprocity for the state and county in which your vehicle is located; then, if applicable, complete the form and mail it along with all required documentation to the mailing or email address listed on the form.

Idaho Car Inspection Exemptions & Requirements | DMV.ORG

Perhaps he said if he left it in Idaho over the holidays he could get a fine, or it needed to be tested in his home state.

Idaho laws don’t apply. BK was living in Washington, and surprisingly enough, had just registered it in Washington.

I think he drove back for two reasons.

First he needed to get the car out of the area.

Secondly, I’m not entirely sure he planned on going back.

MOO
He probably was having mental issues. He probably thought he would be calm after but he is processing stuff he did and saw and he was probably not comfortable in his head space and didnt want to be alone . Anyway I picture him of being the type to not want to release control over his non airport friendly medication and /or weapons. Plus they probably met up in Vegas .
SO wow though ,you can see it is the same car in the store video . From that dirt line on the rear door /quarter panel. Like crime guy ! 101 lesson..wash the car first and if not then after for sure! I get that getting caught with the car is also not smart but that is an advanced lesson

Yes. IMO, the only issues that I see right now with BK are perhaps substance abuse issues/addiction. Is it possible that his dna was found at the scene because he has broken into the home in the past looking for substances ie.,Xanax, Tramadol, Marijuana, OxyContin etc and that’s why some of the locks had been fixed or changed? The house was targeted because of ease of entry and the availability of substances? IOW, BK is a thief, but not necessarily a killer.
Well I'm not sure any of those drugs were present in the house or if they had been how he could have known about them.
why do you think he is not the killer?
i'm not seeing it.
But i'm open to listening to a decent rationale on why it might not have been him?

He had to get that Elantra out of Idaho and the prying eyes of LE and the public. You're absolutely correct, it makes no sense whatsoever that he would have his Dad fly out and them make that cross country drive.

I wonder if he planned on leaving the Elantra in PA and driving one of their cars back to Idaho when it came time to return?
I can think if a lot of reasons to not fly...... Lately the cancellations of many many flights due to weather, also due to staffing shortages. And, many people simply do not like to fly, especially after September 11. Some people enjoy road trips, this might have been a way for them to spend some time together. So many reasons. Maybe he was having his belongings shipped back home later on.... Or, maybe he just wanted to return the vehicle to PA. Could also be maybe BK was planning to ditch the car in PA since people associated the car with being in the

MOO
Again I’m not wondering about actual reasons why they drove. If they planned this trip in the fall the cancelation of flights is irrelevant and also the dad flew from PA to WA. It seems highly unlikely that with some of his extra curricular activities that he would have a severe fear of flying/be able to convince his parents he was too afraid to fly home for Christmas. It just doesn’t seem plausible that he could say “hey dad I’d really like for you to fly out here, then we can drive my car 2000 miles in 2 days to go back home and then I’ll drive the 2000 miles back to WA alone. I feel like there had to be a reason. Not an actual reason related to the crime necessarily. And not a reason for BK I mean an excuse he could have given his parents, an excuse or something he told his parents to foil this plan.

I'm sorry if I've missed this- I fell asleep trying to catch up last night and I don't have time now-

This makes me think the first stop may have been to "touch bases", check in, slow him down, etc., at the direction of those tracking him and the second one was completely coincidental.

Why else would they release one but not the other?

5930E9C6-E405-4AE2-9BB1-AEED52C1808D.png

Lucy Letby doesn't look like a serial baby killer but she's on trial for murdering 7 babies and attempting to murder 10 more.

Ted Bundy said in his last interview that murderers don't come out in the dark with fangs and saliva dripping off their chins. He said people want to be able to identify them but we can't.

They could be our neighbors or acquaintances. That's what makes this type of killer so scary.

I live in the Poconos, not far from Indian Mountain Lake community, and if I had seen BK at the grocery store I wouldn't have given him a second glance. If he had said hello to me I would have smiled and said hello back.

If the jurors tend to view people as handsome/normal is good and awkward/stares too long is bad, he has an advantage. A long stare can be trained to soften. Hair can alter a face dramatically.

Every picture I've seen of him, including years older photos, his eyes are disturbing. Blank, dead, shark eyes I call them.

Like Alex Murdaugh, Patrick Frazee and a few others on these threads.

JMO
I know quite a few people who look like deer in the headlights when photos are taken with the camera directly pointed at them. Once they don't know the camera is there, different story. I haven't seen any photos of him other than straight on photos or photos of him in stressfull situations, except this one (scroll down to see his selfie). MOO

edited: added scroll down for his selfie and added MOO
edit. grammar

Last edited:
I think it’s the “stare” he gives that is quite off putting. The glare. His whole face changes and tenses up and his eyes seem to bore right through you.

MOO

Interesting.

I admire people who manage to 'read' people just by looking at their images. I am not good at it, at all, and wish to learn.

Eyes, for example, could be misleading as a source of information for persons mind, so I think.

Their expression, colour, shape could vary depending on light, whether the person is tired or stressed on, if they are looking straight to the camera or are looking at an object, even depending on what colour are the persons clothes. I may be wrong.

Can someone explain, please?

I am purely interested on this subject related to photographs, not videos, nor face to face experience. Body language is a completely different topic, I have no problems with that.

I'm sorry if I've missed this- I fell asleep trying to catch up last night and I don't have time now-

This makes me think the first stop may have been to "touch bases", check in, slow him down, etc., at the direction of those tracking him and the second one was completely coincidental.

Why else would they release one but not the other?

View attachment 392301
That’s really interesting, hope we find out why the first is relevant to the investigation and the second wasn’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003