ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bryan might/ could have / have met up with his dad in Vegas. It maybe why they drove back together ,it might be something about the drive that is unrelated to the murders is all I was trying to say.

I see. They embarked from NortWest Idaho to southeast Nevada in West part of the USA altought their destination was a small town in Pensylvania, which is 2500 miles/50 hours drive away from Idaho. So, to say it with different words: your guess is they travelled 10 more hours (i checked it) because .... why? Is there a logical reasoning for such assumption? They may have met in Austin, why not? Or in Orlando, i like that city, too. There are plenty of nice cities across the USA, for what I know, and they may met in any of them.

Unfortunarelly, this does not make sense and contradicts the already known facts.

I agree with you.

Before even reading the article from your post, I wrote yesterday something along the line that this is not a football game, but that does not help a lot. There always be people who will enjoy entertainment of bashing someone who is not in position to defend or retaliate. But, once the table turns 180 degrees are first to complain of being bullied. What goes around, comes around, it is good to remember this saying.

And another one. Do not kick a fallen man. It is temptingly, but stay decent.

The best policy at the moment is to wait and see what Moscow prosecutor has in that sealed file. I keep my mind open, not only because we know almost nothing as far as evidence is concerned. But also because if yesterday presser at Moscow ID after the extradition hearing is anything to go by, it was inconvincing. In Moscow ID are evidently not entirely happy that BK waived his extradition without fight. Which makes me thinking: why? Do they need more time, because so far they could not find any connection between BK and any of the victims? Did they fail to find some victims DNA in the car. Because, let be honest, in the light of missing murder weapon, of any evidence of connection between BK and any of the victims, and any indication that BK was fascinated or undergone knives combat or any combat training if we have to be precise, the question how he managed to kill 4 people and what was the motives for such horrible crime will hang in the air and will not go away.

He may be shy, socially awkward, he may be hard grader, he may be bulling as an act of retaliation of being bullied, but none of this is a criminal offence. This has to be remembered. He may commit the crime he is accused of, but he may be innocent. At this moment we do not know.

And let's not forget the victims and their families. The worst that could happen to them is 6 months from now BK to go free because of lack of evidence against him or because he is acquitred due to unfair trial, trial of public opinion etc..I am speculating about the time line but not about possible outcomes.

So, there is another question. Will Moscow ID LE and FBI keep combing that 19000 tips-off or now, when they have a suspect, they packed of that part of investigation altogether and will focus solely on digging around BK? What is the practice in this case?

My thought has been, since his arrest, that they must have strong evidence on which to base this arrest: that strong evidence has to be DNA obtained on and/or around the victims, and this DNA was
verified through genealogy data base. I think they may have obtained more evidence from the car.

It would be disturbing if this was not the case---This case obviously has gotten world wide coverage and the police know this- so they know they better have a strong case going in-- first step was the arrest- building the case for trial for a successful outcome for the prosecution is the ultimate goal and that investigation is just beginning.

I think we are all aware that a person is considered innocent until proven guilty- that said, this is a forum for ideas, thoughts and judgments - we are free to express those --- some of us can feel he is guilty at this point -- that is ok--- we are not in a court of law. This case will play itself out over the next year or so---Personally I hope they have the right person-- the victims and their families deserve justice.

For what its worth I did some math.
2541 miles 2015 elantra 12.8 gallon tank
Total range 356 miles. I guessed 4.00gallon 2541div 356 would about 7.13 fillups about $50 each.

Appears to be under $400.00 in gas.

Hope I did that right. Lol

Jmo

We don't have enough information to know if they were checking in on them to assess their disposition. And then report it to the team that was following them.

My guess is probably not given how close LE held information about this case to their vest.

Like with the public, LE probably only shared information with certain sections of other agencies like the FBI and PA State Police.

As they didn’t want to spook BK into somehow disappearing or worse yet harm more people or himself. Likewise, it gave them time to gather more evidence, observe his behaviors etc.

Oh, I agree.

IMO this Indiana trooper had absolutely no idea that the driver he’s pulled over was a potential suspect in an Idaho quadruple murder.

First, to my knowledge and according to the LE in my family, when a cop pulls over a car, they normally (at least in NY) position themselves towards the rear door, on the chance that it’s a road rage driver. Actually, any driver is an unknown entity at the moment and may possibly cause trouble.

For the safety of the officer, I have never seen and could never imagine an officer leaning into the car window like he did. Usually they’d ask you to “step out of the vehicle,” and they’d have a hand on their weapon in case the driver and/or passenger turned violent.

Perhaps it’s Midwestern niceties, or perhaps because there was an old
man as the passenger, IMO this trooper was very relaxed. Normal traffic stop, give them a warning and let them continue on.

It’s my opinion but a firm opinion that this officer had zero idea about Bryan. I believe he would have behaved in a much more guarded and self-protective manner if he’d had.

Not chuckling casually about airplanes and so on.
JMO
I agree & I would have thought that all LE would have been well aware of the fact that a white Hyundai Elantra was being sought in relation to a quadruple homicide in a nearby state, but obviously not. As someone previously stated here though, some people either don’t notice or are happy not to care about what’s going on in the news. MOO

The cost of dad's flight (unless he has frequent flyer miles) plus the cost of gas and wear-and-tear on the car, was almost certainly more than giving BK a ticket and getting a rental car for the time he was home.

So, I suspect the dad was looking at it as a father/son bonding time. A road trip, if you will.

I'm surprised many people see this dad/son trip is as unusual. Maybe Europeans where everything is close by? At 26 I moved interstate for work and after deciding to drive up for a bit of adventure my Dad offered to join me and I accepted. It was a 5 day drive (Australia) and we stopped at scenic points and we both had a great time. He flew back once we'd reached the destination. It was a great time with my father I'll never forget.

It's strange to me when I see all these people asking why he would drive 2000+miles with his dad. I mean, why not. Is it more fun to do it solo?

My thought has been, since his arrest, that they must have strong evidence on which to base this arrest: that strong evidence has to be DNA obtained on and/or around the victims, and this DNA was
verified through genealogy data base. I think they may have obtained more evidence from the car.

It would be disturbing if this was not the case---This case obviously has gotten world wide coverage and the police know this- so they know they better have a strong case going in-- first step was the arrest- building the case for trial for a successful outcome for the prosecution is the ultimate goal and that investigation is just beginning.

I think we are all aware that a person is considered innocent until proven guilty- that said, this is a forum for ideas, thoughts and judgments - we are free to express those --- some of us can feel he is guilty at this point -- that is ok--- we are not in a court of law. This case will play itself out over the next year or so---Personally I hope they have the right person-- the victims and their families deserve justice.

I agree, and might I add, would LE risk arresting BK on flimsy evidence while the real killer is out there roaming the streets? Jmo

I disagree with this article. How silly. There has always been news and debate about crimes since the beginning of the newspaper. Rather condescending comment about women in the article.
My sense is that there are some good take aways in this article.

I have been following true crime since I have been 9 years old lol. And I am not young. So from what I have experienced and seen, I do agree that post pandemic there has been an explosion of interest in true crime evidenced by the Gabby Petito case. In some cases - and this is one of them- the online and media atmosphere becomes a total feeding frenzy and people treat the case like it's is a reality tv show. It reminds me of the Hunger Games. I find it off putting that cases are treated like a game and a competition. I see it in this case on all forums.
We all have reasons we follow true crime - some woman may follow as a means to understand how to better protect themselves, that is probably not the case with many others though, so that statement in the article definitly should have not been stated in such a broad brush fashion.

Overll some good points to ponder IMO

From the article

Post-pandemic, people are looking for ways to connect, Slakoff said.

“And people are gravitating toward true crime as a place to connect,” she said. “True crime has been around for 400 years, but it’s definitely having an explosion right now.”

A lot of the interest in true crime is from women, who see learning about violent criminals and their motivations as a way to avoid becoming victimized themselves, Slakoff said.

I do think sometimes the victims got lost in that,” Slakoff said of the online discussion. “People were treating it like a game, and it’s not.”

I see. They embarked from NortWest Idaho to southeast Nevada in West part of the USA altought their destination was a small town in Pensylvania, which is 2500 miles/50 hours drive away from Idaho. So, to say it with different words: your guess is they travelled 10 more hours (i checked it) because .... why? Is there a logical reasoning for such assumption? They may have met in Austin, why not? Or in Orlando, i like that city, too. There are plenty of nice cities across the USA, for what I know, and they may met in any of them.

Unfortunarelly, this does not make sense and contradicts the already known facts.
Yeah should have probably not have went with Vegas.. your correct. Just replace Vegas with any other place they may have family.

If I were going to my parents’ home for a few weeks, especially at 28 years old, I’d definitely drive my car instead of fly. I don’t think I’d have had to make any excuse about driving home. Having your dad join you on a road trip isn’t the craziest thing. I don’t think he had to come up with a story to make all of that happen. And we totally see why he’d want to get his car out of there, so it all makes sense to me.

What didn’t make sense to me until I read about WSU Teaching Assistants (TA) was registering the car in Washington, unless it was just in case his PA license plate had been spotted (and that seems dumb but possibly last resort: Oh I messed up. Let’s hope changing the license plate saves me). Washington allows out-of-state registration for full time students.

However, WSU does tell grad school TAs to work on establishing residency, though to me it seems like it would be smartest to do this right away in July or August before school begins so the next August (your second year) you’ll be in-state.

So even if the license plate change was to try to prevent detection, it looks like he‘ll have a good excuse. bbm:

Assistantship Tuition Waivers

Graduate assistants who maintain at least a half-time (20 hrs. /wk.) appointment are eligible for full tuition waivers. Students appointed a quarter time assistantship (10 hrs./wk.) are eligible for half tuition waivers. To qualify for a tuition waiver, students must reside within the state of Washington. Non-resident graduate students on assistantship appointments are eligible for a non-resident waiver for the out-of-state portion of tuition during the first year they are on assistantship appointment at WSU. During that first year, students are responsible for taking all necessary steps to establish legal residency in the state of Washington. If residency is not established, non-resident graduate students will be responsible for non-resident tuition after their first academic year. International students are provided an out-of-state tuition waiver with their assistantship appointment throughout their academic career.

(Everything not plain fact moo.)

Last edited:
I'm surprised many people see this dad/son trip is as unusual. Maybe Europeans where everything is close by? At 26 I moved interstate for work and after deciding to drive up for a bit of adventure my Dad offered to join me and I accepted. It was a 5 day drive (Australia) and we stopped at scenic points and we both had a great time. He flew back once we'd reached the destination. It was a great time with my father I'll never forget.

It's strange to me when I see all these people asking why he would drive 2000+miles with his dad. I mean, why not. Is it more fun to do it solo?
I think it's fine.

I kinda think this was BK's idea though and may have been "using" his dad.

I think he wanted to get out of town with that Elantra. Maybe he was gonna sell it in PA. But I don't think there is anything suspicious on the dad's part about going on a trip with him.

BK strikes me as the type who would prefer to drive solo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003