ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as injuries, I heard a former cop/FBI/whatever on a news station, say that the perp injures the hand without the knife. While stabbing with one hand, they're holding the victim with the other hand to maintain leverage and keep them from moving. The slightest movement can cause them to stab their own hand. This was weeks ago and I can't remember where I saw it so it's JMO.

I'm viewing it the same way. It's not a pattern of hair growth. It looks like some kind of striation, as if he scraped his hand along something wooden or with corrugated or patterned metal. It's weird.

At any rate, if they use those special cameras, they'll know a lot more about the age and nature of those injuries, if they are in fact injuries.

But if he did injure himself in that manner, at 1122 King Road, for sure he left good old blood cells behind, with a full complement of his DNA in every cell.
I
I'm going to get roasted for this but I don't think he looks weird or crazy at all. He looks like half the lawyers walking the halls of corporate law firms.

I think that makes this whole thing even scarier. With Manson, Adam Lanza, Brian Mitchell (Elizabeth Smart), the Colorado shooter, they all looked bonkers. This guy looks like a mildly attractive accountant.
I agree Alethea. I think he is looks very intense, intelligent, maybe a bit arrogant, but looks like someone I might have met at one time or another and would not have thought weird or crazy.

My impression is more that here is a middle-aged or older woman, who a week ago was living an ordinary, mundane life in a rural part of Pennsylvania, and suddenly the bottom has dropped out of her life.

I think she covered her face, JMO, due to being overwhelmed. She hadn't prepared for a life where photographers from all over the country are trying to take her picture, reporters are going to be shouting questions at her, and people everywhere are judging her and her husband.

If she privately harbors doubts about her son's innocence, that's for her to know, but I see covering up as a self-protective maneuver and not because she's sure her son is guilty.

It's an action that to me screams "make this all go away."

IMO
I wish I could like this 1000 times.

To the legal buffs, when can we expect a little more info to be unsealed and or released by LE? Friday when he is bro

Thank you for your insi

IMO I think it's a little dramatic but they were likely concerned he might kill himself if he thought this whole time he got away with it and then one day, knock knock. They also might have been concerned that he'd try to destroy electronic evidence - that can happen in minutes or seconds.

Personally I don't know if breaking windows after midnight is safer than stopping him in a car or confronting him on the street. You'd worry about the other residents in the house.
There is a standard protocol for serving search warrants. There is a reason the warrant was served when it was, that information is readily available.
Typically, Pennsylvania search warrants are served between 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Any performance between 10:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. is illegal unless authorized by a judge who determined that the probable cause shown for a nighttime search was sufficient.

Pennsylvania Warrant Search | StateRecords.org

pennsylvania.staterecords.org/warrant

Unfortunately we've seen body cam footage of people partying there when none of the residents were home. Hopefully the DNA will be directly connected to the crime scene though.
As if LE would arrest bryan without enough evidence lol.

My guess is because he didn't have any. While he was nice enough looking it's been said he's awkward and creepy.

Thirty-four-year-old Jordan Serulnec, who owns Seven Sirens Brewing Company in Bethlehem, PA, told NBC News in a report published this weekend that Mr Kohberger was known for making inappropriate comments to female customers and staff.

The business has a system that allows staff to add notes to customers’ profiles when their IDs are scanned. After he read what his employees had written about Mr Kohberger, Mr Serulnec decided to confront the now-accused murderer.

“Staff put in there, ‘Hey, this guy makes creepy comments, keep an eye on him. He’ll have two or three beers and then just get a little too comfortable,’”

Thank you! See, it's a combination of things, not just the one photo.

And BTW, my non-American friends who have seen his photo see different things than people here are seeing, which is interesting.

My study in bruises. First off, I just don't bruise. The attached was bigger than my hand. I had a huge lump as well. I fell through a rotted deck board. What stopped me was I ran out of leg. :)

Day 1 was shock and awe day.
Day 2 impressive bruise attached. I have photos because I don’t think I've ever had such an awesome bruise.
Day 7 Starburst yellowing attached.
It was gone by 21 days.

I'm just attaching to illustrate the life cycle of a painful bruise on a fair skinned person. My blood clots pretty quick which is my theory of not really being one to bruise.

Maybe his complexion is darker.

Thank you! So sorry for your injury. It is a terrifying kind of accident, actually.

I think 21 days is about average for ordinary photography to find that the wound is resolved, but that some forensic techniques can still "see" into the tissue layers below the skin, which still haven't gotten back to normal at 28+ days.

You are a bit more fair, IMO, than BK, but forensic photography would adjust for that. I do have to wonder if this dude was using anything at the time that could have made his bruise slower healing (you know, like a slightly less healthy liver than yours?)

I'm going to get roasted for this but I don't think he looks weird or crazy at all. He looks like half the lawyers walking the halls of corporate law firms.

I think that makes this whole thing even scarier. With Manson, Adam Lanza, Brian Mitchell (Elizabeth Smart), the Colorado shooter, they all looked bonkers. This guy looks like a mildly attractive accountant.
Judgement about his looks is hindsight.....

His eyes look too intense for me, but I don't know if I would notice them if he wasn't arrested for this. So, I just kinda let it roll.

I’m terribly sad for his parents (at the moment, at least — hopefully we don’t find out that they knew anything). You raise a child, you see them go off and accomplish things, getting (or working on) a Ph D, taking care of themselves and making their own way in life. Your son comes to visit and you’re likely glad to have them home.

Then you wake up in the middle of the night to a SWAT team busting down the doors and windows to arrest said child, and later find out they’re accused of viciously murdering four innocent students.

What a mind-eff it must be for them. (And obviously for the parents of the victims! But something about knowing he was with his family when he was apprehended makes me sad for them).

All JMO
I actually think the Dad just answered the door.
No door & window busting.

@Sandy007 just bc BK used a knife to kill doesn't mean he didn't own/have access to a gun then or prior to his arrest in PA.
For all LE knew he might have booby-trapped the house every night after his parents went to sleep. (not actually suggesting he did, just pointing out that LE really had no idea what they might face in the house, and had to be as prepared for anything as they could). MOO
Yeah, I wonder if he noticed any cuts, scratches, or scrapes on his son's hands or arms, like when they traveled together before Thanksgiving.
What pre-Thanksgiving travel are you referring to? I'm unaware of any.

But there are solid indications he may have had a long-running substance abuse issue - heroin.
No. There are unverified reports that he used heroin in high school, and got clean by his senior year. I've heard no assertions that he has continued to use drugs since then. IMO

Last edited:
Yep. That picture. I wish I was on my better monitor at work, but don't see how the incised line along his wrist is shadow. It could be something other than a wound, but it sure is interesting. On my monitor at home (which is not a terrible monitor - it's a brand new Apple with alleged color correction built it) he has a yellowish area on the back of his hand that appears to have a slightly darker bruise-like part to it, but I'm sure the forensic photographer got way better pictures of every inch of his body than this one. This picture does make me optimistic that there might be one more strand of evidence.

If I were the traffic officer, I'd have been worried by that face - dude looks angry in that still, but I am guessing traffic cops have seen it all before.

Odd that there's so much dirt on the outside of the car.

I could be totally wrong about the mark on the edge of his wrist. But it's suss enough that I'm sure they used forensic camera techniques to get better pictures of whether this is a healing bruise/scrape.

I think what you're seeing is a shadow over the wrist dimple most people have where the end of the ulna, the lunate, and the pisiform bones all come together.

What does stand out imo, is the distortion over the knuckle of the middle finger. It looks like the kind of gouge auto mechanics get on their hands, though I've never seen one that wide.

As for the facial expression, in my opinion, his expression was likely only for a brief moment which did not register as anything alarming to the police officer. It stands out to us because it is a moment of paused video.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-03 at 20-38-01 Bryan Kohberger traffic stop on way to Penn.png (PNG Image 5...png
    Screenshot 2023-01-03 at 20-38-01 Bryan Kohberger traffic stop on way to Penn.png (PNG Image 5...png
    147.9 KB · Views: 27
I'm not sure that I've seen any photos of him appearing engaging and smiling. I guess there are photos such as these...but I haven't seen them. Flat affect?

Side note and totally Moo...I see his face structure/ features and I think Fragile x.

There's his photo with his quote from Aristotle. He's definitely attempting to look smiling and pleasant. I believe it's the photo he submitted or had taken as his intro photo to WSU. This is the main one I'm using as comparison:

1672798498576.png

He's definitely able to make his eye openings into a typical smile shape although his smile is still a little strained. It's hard to say, as he lacks body fat which makes a person look atypical to me. Most people have a bit more fat on their faces. His smile looks tight as a result. But, I do count normal body fat (which he isn't IMO) as a normal trait. He's high muscle and low fat, so I assume he works out and has a certain kind of diet. A diet that requires a certain degree of high habit formation (perhaps shading into a compulsion) to maintain. Not a big deal, just something I file away in my own brain. Not an easy going spontaneous person (and now we know he has apparently rigid dietary requirements).

Can anyone see the ignition area of the 2015 Hyundai in the traffic stop video? I think it’s at about :11 but I can’t zoom in enough to see it.

Indiana traffic stop

Some MSM sources including this one show 2015 Hyundais as part of the group that has been the subject of Tik Tok videos showing how some vehicles can be easily stolen.

Hyundai/Kia theft

The video explains what the ignition of the easy-to-steal vehicles looks like.

Should we be anticipating a “Someone must have stolen my car!” defense?
The 2015 Elantra is not vulnerable to this. From what I understand Hyundai, and Elantra's specifically did not start using the vulnerable components until around 2017.

No roasting from me. I think he looks clean cut. I think the fact that people suspect his guilt affects their view on his looks.
Yes, yesterday I asked a question and did not mean to be insensitive about mental health, diagnostic criteria, or diagnoses. Some people, who claim to be experts in profiling or law/policing/FBI will freely use terms to assess these suspects psychologically. I am and was genuinely curious how some people infer and realize this might not be the right or worthwhile question.

Some women watch true crime to learn and protect oneself at times and then there are fanatics. I do not want to diagnose any suspect or even a convicted person but I am also curious what are the signs of "deviance" or "wrongness" so 1. I might know if in close company with such folks and to protect younger people; and 2. So I do not do anything to bring me closer to such a path. Sorry for prattling--I only felt bad and then these people will say oh he is ______ and the vegan bits are silly but, and I am not obsessive, yet if I did have someone in my life on such a path then maybe I could lend support or carefully and ethically talk to someone. I am sad that this young man made a choice or choices allegedly that radically altered his own life and that of others. Also, Pat Brown the profiler mentioned many "serial killers" are handymen and security professionals---makes sense for motive but also potentially lower stimulating or rewarding jobs and around people and accessing people and spaces often. He did not drop out or fail out and I am still so puzzled. Winter can be lonely and other highly social people may spark certain feelings. I am done sharing my opinions and feelings. But I truly do not want to see anyone suffer. He could have gone for a hard run and gone axe throwing or turned obsessive energy towards his work. Sublimation. There are many other women besides sorority sisters who may embody some ideal beauty standards and I am sad for Bryan. No more from me and thanks, but he was on a good path and in a very stimulating field or profession with autonomy especially as one becomes more senior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coffee Wakeling 95