ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 49

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Being on a PhD program, he is a student, he is epployed as TA only because he is a student.

They stroke him off as a student, the discussion is only about that.

To be honest, I am not aware if at-will employment is apllicable at universities, they usually have very specific own rules, kind of authonomy.
Without tenure there is little employment protection at universities. It's basically semester to semester.

Knots is based on latitude and longitude. The number of miles between degrees of longitude varies. Closest at the poles where they converge at almost zero and furthest at the equator where they are almost 70 miles. At 40 degrees, they are 53 miles apart.
Explanation for windspeed, which is "kt".

(Knot)- Unit of speed used in navigation, equal to 1 nautical mile (the length of 1 minute latitude) per hour or about 1.15 statue miles per hour, or 0.5 meters/sec).

I already pointed out that he successfully completed his first semester and was enrolled for the spring semester. So, academically, he was performing well, otherwise he would not enroll to the next stage of his education.

You say may be he was difficult? I, for once, am not in position to know if he was difficult or not.

As a genral observation, if we only educate non-difficult people, 90% of the world population would be illiterate.

So, the reason must be something else. I wonder what that might be.

THat's not exactly true. He enrolled in Spring classes in November, IIRC (which is normal). However, his first semester grades were not in.

Students will disappear from the roster, despite having enrolled, if they fail to complete pre-reqs or other requirements with a passing grade.

Do we think BCK got passing grades across the board? DId he even turn in his own papers? We haven't heard.

You have absolutely no evidence that he was performing well academically - right now, only his profs and the administration knows that. From his past behavior, I'm not going to bet much more than just my lunch money that he was "performing well." But a person does get to enroll in the next semester, even if they're about to go onto probation for poor performance - because grades are not due until 2-3 days after the very last day of the previous semester. Registrar won't certify them for another couple of days.

I prefer educating non-difficult people and have no trouble finding plenty of them to teach in my 40+ year career. I am fairly tolerant, but I do know how to make a classroom work and a very difficult person has to be dealt with. Most people are not that difficult, you are estimating them way too high.

I think it's unlikely there was any systematic instructions to stop a particular white Elantra. I don't think it's unlikely that individual patrolman might have heard about a white Elantra - from Washington/Idaho.

However, I do wonder if Patrolman #1 called his supervisor and let them know he'd stopped such a car. All of that can happen without any particular briefing of ISP or ISP being "in the know."

He was in Indiana, too. Not one soul stopped him, in his white Elantra, with his elderly parent, when leaving from the area where the vehicle was most widely known, as being searched for in relation to the murders, Idaho. I live in Ky. I've not even seen an online post about this case. My S/O said it was on the news that they arrested a guy in one of those cases I'd been following. No more mention afaik. If so, the news has not been found worthy enough, to have been furthered to me, by them (My own personal news and weather informant).

Last edited:
Not unless they want a reason to stop you. Many drivers have resorted to bumper stickers, with messages, just for tailgaters.
I need one of those bumper stickers! Cars here are always 1 to 1.5, maybe 2 car lengths no matter the speed. Rural area, big highways, residential, doesn't matter. I have never heard of anyone getting a ticket for following too closely in my entire life, and I am old lol.

Good catch. Excellent.

You are right. Most people would answer, "Pennsylvania" or "Home." The "Thai Food" answer really does give insight into how his stressed brain responds. It would be bewildering, to have to guess at what information people really wanted from you. He must lack some basic interpretive ability for incoming words (spoken words).

I'd love to see him do that test that involves having people explain common proverbs (as a test for concrete/literal thinking vs analogical/metaphorical thinking).
RBBM
Shouldn't he have had to pass a standardized test with similar logic/inference questions to be admitted to a PhD program? Such skills are tested on the GRE or were in my day. But I believe I read somewhere a GED is not a requirement for admission to his master's program.

Maybe off topic but could BCK be on the spectrum? Asperger's?

Thank you - Do you know if the events or social activities would be cross-university? Or are these usually ‘in house’?
In house, IME. Maybe the officers would meet at a larger convention or something? I honestly don't remember much beyond going to an occasional (boring) meeting or induction ceremony. They're really based on academic status and used to put on a resume to show that you have above average grades.

eta - you're looking for pacific time - blue area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member